Options

Presale...well that sucked

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    This is bullshit
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    They can presuck my dick with this site.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    TW55TW55 Indianapolis Posts: 4
    This was a truly brutal experience.  Ended up with 1 ticket.  Not sure how this will play out now.
    6/22/03 Noblesville
    8/20/16 Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Wrigley Field
    (but I bought Ten in December of '91 if it gains me any cred!)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Today is the day when grown adults turn to children when they don't get what they want. I'm reading a lot of user error stories here. :)
    And some people will relish the opportunity to bathe in the misfortune of others.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,890
    Ironic this band has the worst ticket policies for the majority of fans and insists on playing venues with horrific ticketing systems

Majority of fans are being punished because they decided to pick a fight with TM when they were young
    Just out of curiosity, what do you think makes PJ's ticket policy the "worst for the majority of fans"?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Curious, if you are a fan club member, and let’s use the current Wrigley seating chart, and your member number 600000 , what type of seats can you expect with 10c reserved? Are we talking nosebleeds? Lower bowl under the overhang? I mean, they have to be somewhat decent I would think based on the price alone right?
  • Options
    Missoula says I must buy 4 tix. What?
    Like echoes, nobody hears
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Today is the day when grown adults turn to children when they don't get what they want. I'm reading a lot of user error stories here. :)
    And some people will relish the opportunity to bathe in the misfortune of others.
    Not at all. I just don't feel entitled to things like tickets. Its a lottery folks. Its best to temper expectations. 
  • Options
    MP59559 said:
    Ironic this band has the worst ticket policies for the majority of fans and insists on playing venues with horrific ticketing systems

Majority of fans are being punished because they decided to pick a fight with TM when they were young
    Just out of curiosity, what do you think makes PJ's ticket policy the "worst for the majority of fans"?
    Sour grapes
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    well they locked down the other thread because they said there was too much disrespect, lol, but it's okay for them to disrespect us, with this stupid Pre-Sale set up the way it is, there's no free speech anymore, which coming from a band like Pearl Jam, seems very hypocritical, I got hosed, but from what I can tell, lots of us got hosed, so my condolences to all the fellow losers in this cluster#### of a system
  • Options
    Curious, if you are a fan club member, and let’s use the current Wrigley seating chart, and your member number 600000 , what type of seats can you expect with 10c reserved? Are we talking nosebleeds? Lower bowl under the overhang? I mean, they have to be somewhat decent I would think based on the price alone right?
    I am 435*** and was in section 104 or 105 back in 2013. The difference this time is that with 10c securing so many more tickets (which is awesome) it means that so many more people with lower numbers would be in front of me. So where these seats are going to be is anyone's guess at this point.

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    well they locked down the other thread because they said there was too much disrespect, lol, but it's okay for them to disrespect us, with this stupid Pre-Sale set up the way it is, there's no free speech anymore, which coming from a band like Pearl Jam, seems very hypocritical, I got hosed, but from what I can tell, lots of us got hosed, so my condolences to all the fellow losers in this cluster#### of a system
    You're bitching before you've even had the opportunity to buy tickets.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    JimmyV said:
    Not at all. I just don't feel entitled to things like tickets. Its a lottery folks. Its best to temper expectations. 
    To be fair, the band made it seem like the fanclub was going to be showered in tickets.  Nothing could appear to be further from the truth.

This verified pre-fan experience was the same as every other miserable tickemaster experience I have had.  Some in the 10C lottery, I only won my 4th choice.  It is frustrating after spending to much money on this band over 25+ years to feel a little bit left out.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Out of curiosity, why didn't you just buy them from the 10 club sale? 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited February 2018
    From everything I am seeing on facebook and now here, this verified fan presale has been a complete shit show so far. So many people landed tix only to bebrobbed at the end of the process. That's a shame. Also, codes are shareable for the tickets.com sales... doesn't that defeat the purpose of a verified fan sale a little bit? It just makes the tix more accessible to resellers.

That said, I'm not blaming 10C. They already went above and beyond to make a ton of tix available.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thank God for 10C because that was horrible. Was trying to get additional tickets for my brother and we both were "chosen" and neither got anything. My brother got the email confirming him for the presale and then he never even got the code texted to him. Just a complete shitshow on every level. Gonna try again for him next week and see how it pans out.
  • Options
    I actually thought it was pretty good. I already got 10C tix for myself for both shows but I needed another pair for a coworker. After the initial waiting room wait was able to pull a pair right off the field on the side of the stage. Another friend in Boston had the same experience. My advice to others don’t hit refresh just be patient and wait for something to load up. Good luck all!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    i had a pretty easy time with it too.  even threw nack a few pairs looking for other
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Not at all? Maybe take another look.

• Options
    RP112579 said:
    I got the last time slot of the 4, there won't be shit left, at least not seats where I could actually see anything, and excuse me for not wanting to watch with binoculars
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    PJ_Soul said:
    From everything I am seeing on facebook and now here, this verified fan presale has been a complete shit show so far. So many people landed tix only to bebrobbed at the end of the process. That's a shame. Also, codes are shareable for the tickets.com sales... doesn't that defeat the purpose of a verified fan sale a little bit? It just makes the tix more accessible to resellers.

That said, I'm not blaming 10C. They already went above and beyond to make a ton of tix available.
    What we don't know is if the people that used codes from someone else will ever get the tickets. They said tickets get delivered in April I think? that's plenty of time for them to cross-check every order to make sure it's the same person.

And the risk here is - people might get their ticket orders cancelled. And even worse, the person who shared or sold their code might be barred from ever getting verified ticketmaster tickets again.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    RP112579 said:
    I got the last time slot of the 4, there won't be shit left, at least not seats where I could actually see anything, and excuse me for not wanting to watch with binoculars
    You are having a massive overreaction. It will not be hard to find a spare 10C ticket dude, and the person can transfer it to you so all your worries are taken care of. You're freaking out about it for no good reason.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Sarava said:
    Out of curiosity, why didn't you just buy them from the 10 club sale? 
    because the cost of living is so fucking high here in Seattle, and I didn't have the money for 4 tickets on that date, I only needed singles so figured I would get them this way, but when they stuff you in the last time slot, they are basically ####ing you out of any decent seats. so excuse me for being too poor to afford to buy 2 extra tickets
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I wonder what people’s opinions are? 
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What we don't know is if the people that used codes from someone else will ever get the tickets. They said tickets get delivered in April I think? that's plenty of time for them to cross-check every order to make sure it's the same person.

And the risk here is - people might get their ticket orders cancelled. And even worse, the person who shared or sold their code might be barred from ever getting verified ticketmaster tickets again.
    All interesting points. I guess we'll see. I would be surprised if the seller would want to deal with all that hassle though. Cancelled tix = headaches for them. Easier to just let everyone have their tickets. But you never know I guess!

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    RP112579 said:
    You are having a massive overreaction. It will not be hard to find a spare 10C ticket dude, and the person can transfer it to you so all your worries are taken care of. You're freaking out about it for no good reason.
    Probably, lol, but fuck it, I am always happy so maybe it's good to just get all this out of my system now
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    I had 4 tickets, payment submitted.  Service processing.  After it was done processing it said I had no tickets! I don't think the UM service can handle this. Not sure if they'll show up or not. Looked like I had them but when done processing it said I had no tickets. Very frustrating. Good seats too! Well, fingers crossed. Thought this was going to be smooth, in and out in the first three minutes and just waiting for the confirmation page to say I was done. Yikes.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    VOLARE said:
    I had 4 tickets, payment submitted.  Service processing.  After it was done processing it said I had no tickets! I don't think the UM service can handle this. Not sure if they'll show up or not. Looked like I had them but when done processing it said I had no tickets. Very frustrating. Good seats too! Well, fingers crossed. Thought this was going to be smooth, in and out in the first three minutes and just waiting for the confirmation page to say I was done. Yikes.
    Is there a charge on your credit card?

• Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 354
    That was rough, but I'm glad to be in the building. I didn't see anything that *wasn't* obstructed view for Wrigley 1; did anyone have a different experience? Wondering if I should take my friend up on her offer to use her grandpa's season ticket holder access to try for better seats. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    There is a touch of karma in all of this.  I wanted to believe this was going to be a very good thing for the fans, but it seems to have been haphazard at best.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652