Options

Presale...well that sucked

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    Hopefully 90% of A3, A4 and A5 won't be VIP, friends and family again at Fenway. I'm hoping since they've now played there once, they won't need 2,000 VIP tickets and those go to the 10C.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    JH6056 said:
    Ironic this band has the worst ticket policies for the majority of fans and insists on playing venues with horrific ticketing systems

Majority of fans are being punished because they decided to pick a fight with TM when they were young
    Can you please be more specific?  "Worst ticket policies" compared to... what other bands?  What are the policies that you consider so much better for a similiarly in-demand band?  And I ask that sincerely, I'm not arguing with you, but that statement without something to compare it to is meaningless.  What are the similarly in-demand bands that have such much better ticket policies, and what are those policies?

Thank you for wording you question fairly.

Those fans, like me, that decided 26+ years ago we didn't like to join fan clubs are shut out completely of the best reserved seats every show every tour

I agree seniority should have it's perks, but not better seating every tour every show. 

That  TC holds the majority of prime seats within it's club, limits supply to the resale market. This drives up resale prices exponentially, especially here in nyc.
    Well, first of all you didn't give any examples of bands with similarly huge audiences that do it better.  So really, unless you have a model that works better, again, you cannot call it "the worst ticketing policy".

Second, the reality is that when ALL tickets or a significant number of the best tickets go on the open market, guess what?  They mostly don't go to fans either!  Scalpers have such high-tech games now, most of those tix will go to scalpers and instantly end up on the secondary market to the highest bidders, most regular fans will still be SOL.  And if you can afford the best seats at sky-high prices, just because you can afford it and most people can't doesn't make it "better", although better for you, sure!

I applaud bands like PJ and Radiohead and Springsteen and all the other bands trying to at least make sure initial sales of the best seats go to actual fans, even if some of those fans are also shady and resell for a profit, it's still a lot lot LOT harder to game the system.

The fact that once in the 10Club seniority only applies if you win the lottery but does not affect your lottery choices is also fair in my opinion, and I have a crappy 10Club number now (although I had a great one once that I let lapse).

So of course you're entitled to your opinion, as everyone is, but unless you can give an example of another seriously in-demand band (i.e. can sell out multiple nights at stadiums in days or even hours), and those other bands put their best tix on the open market and successfully get those tix into fan hands and not scalper hands, and HOW they do that... then you really are not making any case for your stance.  It's not "worst" if you can't give an example of where it's done better by a similarly big band.  
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    JimmyV said:
    I didn't think it was possible that a fan base complained more than Phish fans but PJ is rivaling that. They did everything they possibly could to get these tickets into the hands of real fans. 
    Have you heard Star Wars fans lately? They still have us beat.
    That is so true.......LOL!!!!!
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    JP218404 said:
    riley540 said:
    I’ve been to a few PJ shows now and I have to say I have enjoyed from all different areas in the venue. At global citizen I could barely see them, and it was a blast!! I was going nuts where I was standing! I was almost near the back in Spokane and it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever been too. Maybe the best. I had rail at MSG in 16, and it was just as good as Spokane. 

Point is, Pearl Jam rocks the house from the rail all the way to the hugest rafter. Get in the building and enjoy one of the best live shows ever. Sometimes I choose to be further back to see the stage set up and light show. I promise is fun no matter where you’re seat is. 

The ten club club is the best fan club I’ve ever been part of. They manage to get most of us in the building before tickets go on sale. It’s incredible. This organization goes to bat for its fans. 
    This guy gets it! Kudos! You’re  in the building. Now it’s your job to enjoy the wave 

Hey, I give you credit. If I only get to see Booms left arm, I ain't gonna be thrilled.

Other bands, the prime seats are for the well off. For PJ, these seats are locked away from the general public as well.

Considering what limited supply does to the secondary market, not sure how this system is any better.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    Sarava said: I
    Mr. Hand said:
    P.S. I was lucky enough to  get 10 club tickets,  have access to Red Sox season ticket holder pre-sale tickets, and get Ticketmaster verified pre-sale tickets. In each instance I saw people getting tix on the grass.  So the field was never all 10 club.  Nor did they ever  promise it would be.
    But don't they say all the best seats go to the fan club? Maybe they didn't say it this time, I'm not sure.

I know for Wrigley, tons of seats in the verified sale yesterday were better than what us low ten club # fan club members got 2 years ago and will surely be better than what we get again this year. I'm puzzled why those seats went to the general sale instead of fan club members.

That is puzzling

I recall msg 2016, the brokers had almost no seats available on the floor and  prime sideline sections. My guess then was that all those good seats were for TC
  • Options
    Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    There will be very good seats available through the on sale. Better than high number 10 clubbers and better than the verified sale. They can't sell every good ticket before the on sale. I've been to all 3 Wrigley shows before this year and always bought them through public on sale. Front row of the 200 section each show. Super lucky 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JP218404 said:
    riley540 said:
    I’ve been to a few PJ shows now and I have to say I have enjoyed from all different areas in the venue. At global citizen I could barely see them, and it was a blast!! I was going nuts where I was standing! I was almost near the back in Spokane and it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever been too. Maybe the best. I had rail at MSG in 16, and it was just as good as Spokane. 

Point is, Pearl Jam rocks the house from the rail all the way to the hugest rafter. Get in the building and enjoy one of the best live shows ever. Sometimes I choose to be further back to see the stage set up and light show. I promise is fun no matter where you’re seat is. 

The ten club club is the best fan club I’ve ever been part of. They manage to get most of us in the building before tickets go on sale. It’s incredible. This organization goes to bat for its fans. 
    This guy gets it! Kudos! You’re  in the building. Now it’s your job to enjoy the wave 

Hey, I give you credit. If I only get to see Booms left arm, I ain't gonna be thrilled.

Other bands, the prime seats are for the well off. For PJ, these seats are locked away from the general public as well.

Considering what limited supply does to the secondary market, not sure how this system is any better.
    I think the system is great. Anything to keep tix out of the wrong hands is good by me. 

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I think it’s awesome that 10c fights for its fans.  Totally agree with the ticket system and seniority, and my number isn’t very good. I’ll always remember Montreal in 98 because my seats were like 15 feet from mike.  I’ll always regret letting my membership lapse and not buying a Benny because I thought vinyl was dumb,  lol, oh well.  Those members who have low numbers should be congratulated and appreciated, and the ticket system is a perfect way to do that.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Mr. Hand said:
    P.S. I was lucky enough to  get 10 club tickets,  have access to Red Sox season ticket holder pre-sale tickets, and get Ticketmaster verified pre-sale tickets. In each instance I saw people getting tix on the grass.  So the field was never all 10 club.  Nor did they ever  promise it would be.
    But don't they say all the best seats go to the fan club? Maybe they didn't say it this time, I'm not sure.

I know for Wrigley, tons of seats in the verified sale yesterday were better than what us low ten club # fan club members got 2 years ago and will surely be better than what we get again this year. I'm puzzled why those seats went to the general sale instead of fan club members.

That is puzzling

I recall msg 2016, the brokers had almost no seats available on the floor and  prime sideline sections. My guess then was that all those good seats were for TC
    Well that s a good thing !
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mr. Hand said:

That is puzzling

Well that s a good thing !
    Absolutely it is!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    tickets are still available for Chicago night 2, maybe others.  Also in pairs.  I just pulled up 2 via verified fan with password....
  • Options
    Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    edited February 2018
    JM55546 said:
    Hopefully 90% of A3, A4 and A5 won't be VIP, friends and family again at Fenway. I'm hoping since they've now played there once, they won't need 2,000 VIP tickets and those go to the 10C.
    Well, I know of four rows that definitely won't be those people!  (Yet another great thing this band does for its fans, randomly assigning people to seats in four of the first ten rows so anyone can have a chance at those seats).    And I am hoping to finally be hailed, hailed as one of the lucky ones! 
    Post edited by Mr. Hand on
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    :D
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited February 2018
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Ironic this band has the worst ticket policies for the majority of fans and insists on playing venues with horrific ticketing systems

Majority of fans are being punished because they decided to pick a fight with TM when they were young
    Can you please be more specific?  "Worst ticket policies" compared to... what other bands?  What are the policies that you consider so much better for a similiarly in-demand band?  And I ask that sincerely, I'm not arguing with you, but that statement without something to compare it to is meaningless.  What are the similarly in-demand bands that have such much better ticket policies, and what are those policies?

Thank you for wording you question fairly.

Those fans, like me, that decided 26+ years ago we didn't like to join fan clubs are shut out completely of the best reserved seats every show every tour

I agree seniority should have it's perks, but not better seating every tour every show. 

That  TC holds the majority of prime seats within it's club, limits supply to the resale market. This drives up resale prices exponentially, especially here in nyc.
    Well, first of all you didn't give any examples of bands with similarly huge audiences that do it better.  So really, unless you have a model that works better, again, you cannot call it "the worst ticketing policy".

Second, the reality is that when ALL tickets or a significant number of the best tickets go on the open market, guess what?  They mostly don't go to fans either!  Scalpers have such high-tech games now, most of those tix will go to scalpers and instantly end up on the secondary market to the highest bidders, most regular fans will still be SOL.  And if you can afford the best seats at sky-high prices, just because you can afford it and most people can't doesn't make it "better", although better for you, sure!

I applaud bands like PJ and Radiohead and Springsteen and all the other bands trying to at least make sure initial sales of the best seats go to actual fans, even if some of those fans are also shady and resell for a profit, it's still a lot lot LOT harder to game the system.

The fact that once in the 10Club seniority only applies if you win the lottery but does not affect your lottery choices is also fair in my opinion, and I have a crappy 10Club number now (although I had a great one once that I let lapse).

So of course you're entitled to your opinion, as everyone is, but unless you can give an example of another seriously in-demand band (i.e. can sell out multiple nights at stadiums in days or even hours), and those other bands put their best tix on the open market and successfully get those tix into fan hands and not scalper hands, and HOW they do that... then you really are not making any case for your stance.  It's not "worst" if you can't give an example of where it's done better by a similarly big band.  

Hi again Lerxst1992 , just wanted to close the loop on this conversation.  I'm going to assume that since you've been back on this thread but didn't address this particular question, that you cannot actually name another band or another system of selling concert tickets this popular that manages to both put the bulk of the best seats on the open market while also making sure the bulk of those best seats get into fan hands and not scalper hands/secondary market hands on the 1st round of sales?

That matters.  Again, all entitled to opinions and all, but saying 10Clubs is "the worst ticketing policy" is really unfair if you can't name another one that accomplishes what the 10 Club is trying to accomplish (getting most of best seats to actual fans) while not doing it through a fanclub sale.  Totally get that you don't like the policy and you don't believe in joining a fanclub, but also hope that you get that 10 Club is doing a pretty good job of accomplishing something with ticket sales that gets harder and harder to do with technology.  

Not everyone's going to be happy, but I was totally impressed with how few people got shut out completely this time.  I've been shut out completely before, sucks a ton.  But the number of those folks was way smaller considering how many people were going for tix.  So it's not a perfect system, but it does pretty well at what it's set up to do and is far from "the worst ticketing policy".