Options

Collectionzz Poster Event

Tomorrow at 2pm, the website collectionzz will be having a flash sale for gig posters and memorabilia. Over 80 items. 
Click the link here to get registered. There is a preview post on the home page after you register explaining the details.
https://www.collectionzz.com/a/signup?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Trevor Robinson

Comments

• Options
    How many of you are getting paid to pimp this page.
  • Options
     I'm not, I know that. I'm friends with one person that is involved with the site. I have met/seen the owner's personal collection and got an understanding as to why he started this site. I am just trying to help the cause.
  • Options
     I'm not, I know that. I'm friends with one person that is involved with the site. I have met/seen the owner's personal collection and got an understanding as to why he started this site. I am just trying to help the cause.
    Cool.  I know them too.  I really can't wait for them to get their site up and running full speed!!!

Good luck everyone on the sale!
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    edited September 2017
    I've promoted it as well, not getting paid or anything in return either. I personally think we need a better alternative than EB, for obvious reasons. EB has worked well in the past, time for something new and more creative.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    I still prefer eBay and here is why:
    1. I like having seven days to research an offered item and to ask specific questions of the seller before I buy or bid.
    2. The seller can upload up to 12 photos of the item so I can see close-ups of damage or signatures etc.
    3. I like having protection from eBay and Paypal in case the item I bought was misrepresented or lost or damaged in transit.
    Basically, if I'm going to drop several hundred dollars on an item, I want time to make an educated decision and not be pressured into making a hasty - and possibly foolish, "flash" purchase.
    I mean, what's the rush?

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    shecky said:
    I still prefer eBay and here is why:
    1. I like having seven days to research an offered item and to ask specific questions of the seller before I buy or bid.
    2. The seller can upload up to 12 photos of the item so I can see close-ups of damage or signatures etc.
    3. I like having protection from eBay and Paypal in case the item I bought was misrepresented or lost or damaged in transit.
    Basically, if I'm going to drop several hundred dollars on an item, I want time to make an educated decision and not be pressured into making a hasty - and possibly foolish, "flash" purchase.
    I mean, what's the rush?

Good points. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Here would be my response to each of your points.
    1. Not regarding  the flash event, you have all the time in the world to utilize the site for what it is being designed for and that is to connect with other collectors. See their stuff, buy, sale, and trade with. 
    You can message all that you want with an individual.
    2. You can upload as many pictures as you want of each item.
    3. You use and have PayPal thru these purchases and have full security.

4. This is a flash sale of highly sought after posters. These sales are ran to promote the site and to help spread the word. Getting more people on board to build their collection right on the site.
    5. There have been multiples emails sent out regarding the event with contact information provided for the use of any questions. 
  • Options
  • Options
    My link of promotion gains you access to the event, but what my goal is to spread the word about the site and help it grow into a collector's community. Personally I ha e nothing in the sale for tomorrow, so I don't care if any or all are sold. 
    I want to see the site develop onto what it really has potential to be.
  • Options
    CoshieCoshie Port Fairy Posts: 279
    1. Not regarding  the flash event, you have all the time in the world to utilize the site for what it is being designed for and that is to connect with other collectors. See their stuff, buy, sale, and trade with. 

4. This is a flash sale of highly sought after posters. These sales are ran to promote the site and to help spread the word. Getting more people on board to build their collection right on the site.
    5. There have been multiples emails sent out regarding the event with contact information provided for the use of any questions. 
    better points
    Melbourne - 1998-2003-2006-2009-2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo Melbourne - 2011-2014
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Baltimore, New York 2020 😭
    EV & Earthlings New York 1 & 2 - 2022
    EV & Earthlings New Jersey - 2022
  • Options
    Final hours to register which will gain you access to the flash event. Start building your collection and share with like minded collectors
  • Options

But my comments WERE regarding the "Flash" event - that's what this thread is about.
    What concerns me is that, because no prices are given in the "preview", and due to the very nature of the "flash sale" where one has to make a very fast decision or lose the item, people are apt to pay more than they had wanted to. 
    Ever since I first read about these "flash sales" I've sensed a sort of elitest atmosphere of "if you have to ask how much it cost, then you can't afford it" and nobody wants to be seen as being too poor to run with the big boys. 
    Just my opinion...

• Options
    By no means am I a veteran in the poster collecting world, but I am fully aware that pretty much everything listed is an expensive poster. I have a general idea of where these prices are so I already know what kind of money I would be looking at spending. 
    I understand what you mean in regards to a knee-jerk reaction.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    No interest in these flash sales.  Just seems like another crafty way for "collectors" to push the max value of an item and avoid ebay fees.  Raffles are the other way.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    No interest in these flash sales.  Just seems like another crafty way for "collectors" to push the max value of an item and avoid ebay fees.  Raffles are the other way.  
    Pretty impressive that they gathered all these posters together in one spot!
  • Options
    Its like OPEC
  • Options
    In my opinion, maximum value is pushed by everyone. I am not sure I have seen a poster that after any drop...at a show, or by an artist was available for face value. Hardly ever. I don't think this event drives the price of a 20yr old poster.
  • Options
    By no means am I a veteran in the poster collecting world, but I am fully aware that pretty much everything listed is an expensive poster. I have a general idea of where these prices are so I already know what kind of money I would be looking at spending. 
    I understand what you mean in regards to a knee-jerk reaction.
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
    A buyer does his homework, sees that a poster he really wants is currently worth $400. -$500. top dollar.
    Then he's at the "flash sale", sees his item, it costs $550. and, because he has no time to think, he buys it.
    He now has paid 10% more than he wanted to pay and more than the poster is worth.
    And that's what I believe the "flash sale" is largely intended to do - get people to panic and overpay.
  • Options
    nicdolasnicdolas Bethlehem, PA Posts: 141
    MayDay10 said:
    Yea I watch some of the raffles and I am amazed at the total amount they are getting for some of these items.  
    Merriweather Post - 96
    Camden - 98,00,03,06
    Philly - 05,09,13,16(1&2)
    MSG - 16(1&2)
    Ottawa - 16
    Sao Paulo - 15
    Wrigley 1&2 16
    TOTD - Philly 1 16
    Krakow 18
    Berlin 18
    Seattle 1&2 18
    Boston 2 18
  • Options
    nicdolas said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Yea I watch some of the raffles and I am amazed at the total amount they are getting for some of these items.  
    Thing is with the raffles you aren't paying that amount for the item.  You are paying a fraction of it.
  • Options
    More importantly,  they want you to be part of the collection community that they are striving to develop.
  • Options
    My status in the collecting 'community' has been just fine. 
  • Options
    That's great!
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    nicdolas said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Thing is with the raffles you aren't paying that amount for the item.  You are paying a fraction of it.
    While this is true, my jaw hits the floor when I see people getting between 130-200% of the max-ebay-level sale price raking in these auctions.  I also see many of the same people putting them on, churning out items.  There was also an incident where the seller/buyer agreed to a cash payout instead of the prize.... and someone else chimed in and said they were offered cash when they won something.  That's not a good look. 

I also see the same people churn out 'grail' after 'grail', putting out auctions and pretending like they are doing everyone a huge service.... people are buying like 4 slots for $100 for a 6% chance to win an $800 item.  People either have gambling issues, or just money to burn.  I just cant comprehend.  I wouldn't be shocked of some of these people were behind "collectzionzzzzzz" too.
  • Options
    More importantly,  they want you to be part of the collection community that they are striving to develop.
    I believe that, most importantly, they want to realize the highest price ever paid for a given poster, to maximize the "value" of their collections.
    And, it's very profitable for them, too.
    They save the 10% eBay seller's fee and grab another 10% or more in overpricing.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    edited September 2017
    On a more positive note... I like that there are a lot more options in the sale this time. The fact they can even offer some of the things that are in the sale is amazing. 

And just because it is a flash sale doesn't mean it requires a flash purchase. If you choose not to read the descriptions and notes on the product, that is completely on you. Sure you run the risk on missing out on it, but how is that different from a buy it now option on ebay where x amount of people are after it right after it's listed and someone could buy it at any time? It's not. And if you dont like the price... don't buy! 

I used to dislike the title including "flash" in it, but I like it in the sense that in a flash all of these awesome products are put up for sale and they could also be gone from the market forever in a flash as well. 

Keep up the good work Collectionzz. I need to update my page more often. Looking forward to watching the sale go down in a few minutes. 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    I've promoted it as well, not getting paid or anything in return either. I personally think we need a better alternative than EB, for obvious reasons. EB has worked well in the past, time for something new and more creative.
    Just read EB expects to update and stabilize the site by beginning of 2018 and additional development and features by Spring time. Would be nice to see it work as it did in the past and sounds like there will be improvements. 
  • Options
    On a more positive note... I like that there are a lot more options in the sale this time. The fact they can even offer some of the things that are in the sale is amazing. 

And just because it is a flash sale doesn't mean it requires a flash purchase. If you choose not to read the descriptions and notes on the product, that is completely on you. Sure you run the risk on missing out on it, but how is that different from a buy it now option on ebay where x amount of people are after it right after it's listed and someone could buy it at any time? It's not. And if you dont like the price... don't buy! 

I used to dislike the title including "flash" in it, but I like it in the sense that in a flash all of these awesome products are put up for sale and they could also be gone from the market forever in a flash as well. 

Keep up the good work Collectionzz. I need to update my page more often. Looking forward to watching the sale go down in a few minutes. 
    Thank you Drake :-) 
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    These collectionzz sales are fun IMO.  

I see things here on Lost Dogs all the time that are wayyyyy overpriced compared to recent ebay sales so if i see the flash sale listing something higher than usual its not shocking.  Its still your choice to buy it. 
  • Options
    overall steve is good