Options

2017 Ten Club Mystery Box

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

I think I hit the jackpot! Thank you 10c for a wonderful mystery box!

Klausen variant...sweet!
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    that looks like the same box i got minus the Raleigh sticker. Congrats!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386

I'm not much of a poster guy (I got 1 for each of the 3 Wrigley shows I was at, but none other). I like a lot of the shirts I have seen, like the Ape/man from Binaural (thought that would be a great tattoo) and the hoodie LB113337 got are pretty bad ass.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what makes some of these so sought after? Like the Kong, Cracker Jack and the Pittsburgh posters? I get with vinyl it's the stuff that has a severe limited number of pressings that's super collectible.

Also, with mystery boxes, do they ever slip in uber rare or fancy items? For example, an autographed poster? An actual setlist? Things like that.

Good design seems to be the key for highly sought after posters. Ones that have appeal beyond people who went to the show and love the art. Broader appeal means harder to come by. Or link to a historic show like first Wrigley performance for Cracker Jack doesn't hurt. But I think it's mostly universally admired artwork.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    KS80184 said:

I'm not much of a poster guy (I got 1 for each of the 3 Wrigley shows I was at, but none other). I like a lot of the shirts I have seen, like the Ape/man from Binaural (thought that would be a great tattoo) and the hoodie LB113337 got are pretty bad ass.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what makes some of these so sought after? Like the Kong, Cracker Jack and the Pittsburgh posters? I get with vinyl it's the stuff that has a severe limited number of pressings that's super collectible.

Also, with mystery boxes, do they ever slip in uber rare or fancy items? For example, an autographed poster? An actual setlist? Things like that.

Good design seems to be the key for highly sought after posters. Ones that have appeal beyond people who went to the show and love the art. Broader appeal means harder to come by. Or link to a historic show like first Wrigley performance for Cracker Jack doesn't hurt. But I think it's mostly universally admired artwork.
    Thanks for the insight. I suppose it makes more sense for those more into art (unlike myself). Like when it comes to the Pittsburgh poster, I look at it and like it like most of us. Then when I think back to Wrigley 2013, I feel like the monster poster was much better than the Cracker Jack poster...though I do really like that one.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I've got a feeling this isn't going to end well....... :cry:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    This has been great to watch
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    yea been great to see everything thats dropped so far..to bad my box is still in the warehouse...
  • Options
    Ordered an L and says it's coming 4/26. Anyone else get a delivery date that far out?
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    4/24 delivery date
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Xmas day. Can't wait for my 2 boxes!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Anyone else in Canada actually receive a confirmation on shipping for their mystery box? I ordered one of the XLs and was hoping I was in the 1st batch that was sent out. But mine still says warehouse
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Still waiting for someone to film....share the excitement!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057

Ordered an L and says it's coming 4/26. Anyone else get a delivery date that far out?

Me too. Oregon to FL. Must be taking the old Oregon trail....
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    This is fun to see all the excitement from you all. Congratulations to the lucky ones getting some sweet merchandise!! Thanks Santos and Tenclub!! :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Is it bad that I'm contemplating ordering a 3rd box? My other 2 havn't even left the warehouse yet but I'm loving these boxes!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

This has been great to watch

I'm loving it! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    RP112579 said:

Also, if the stickers, wristbands and ticket stubs (the "junk") aren't wanted, instead of being thrown away, putting them up to be given away in the "RAK" thread in Lost Dogs might be a better option. I'm sure there are people who would be interested in that stuff that didn't buy a mystery box.

THIS, FOREVER
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    Some of these shirts that are popping up are awesome. Love that button down one from Riot Act.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Mine shows up today. Hoping for some socks...
  • Options
    Mine too! Can't wait and thank you to this guy!

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    carbon436 said:

Some of these shirts that are popping up are awesome. Love that button down one from Riot Act.

I agree. I also like to wonder about the strategy behind the people packing everything. Are they thinking "I'm going to give this person a thrill, and give them all 3 of these cool shirts" while in other boxes thinking "Well, this guy will be disappointed, oh well." Even if the posters are pre-rolled and pulled at random, they are seeing the shirts and hats. I also get curious about how many orders have been taken, and if they just pull shirts from top of pile, or they are walking all over the warehouse. I love behind the scenes videos, and would love to see a short clip of this process on youtube.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2017
    Most people are getting more than their money's worth id say in the end.

I do feel for the guy who rolled the dice with two boxes and got the same bad posters. Thats unfortunate

If the Benaroya repress girl got a Benny i would hope u get 5lbs of socks
  • Options

Interested in blue shirt and bananas.

Last night I saw this, scrolled up to see what banana themed thing you meant, and then laughed WAY too hard when I saw actual bananas. I guess it was your deadpan delivery.. anyways, boyfriend asked if I was having a stroke sooo thanks for the laughs:-D

Chicago '98 * East Lansing '98 * Indianapolis '00 * Detroit '00 * Cleveland '03 * Detroit (1st) '03 * Grand Rapids '04 * London (ON) '05 * Grand Rapids '06 * Chicago '09 * Chicago '13 * Chicago '16
  • Options
    mcrieckenmcriecken Indiana Posts: 265
    hihobibo said:

carbon436 said:

I agree. I also like to wonder about the strategy behind the people packing everything. Are they thinking "I'm going to give this person a thrill, and give them all 3 of these cool shirts" while in other boxes thinking "Well, this guy will be disappointed, oh well." Even if the posters are pre-rolled and pulled at random, they are seeing the shirts and hats. I also get curious about how many orders have been taken, and if they just pull shirts from top of pile, or they are walking all over the warehouse. I love behind the scenes videos, and would love to see a short clip of this process on youtube.
    I was thinking about this too. How many people are packing boxes? They shipped out 500 XLs like a day or two after the on sale. That's some serious packing!
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020

Most people are getting more than their money's worth id say in the end.

I do feel for the guy who rolled the dice with two boxes and got the same bad posters. Thats unfortunate

If the Benaroya repress girl got a Benny i would hope u get 5lbs of socks
    I would be so jazzed if that happened!
  • Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    If anybody wants to trade their XL hoodies away, let me know. I'll probably post up some trades in Lost Dogs. I might even be willing to part with the Prague posters. Ha.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

If anybody wants to trade their XL hoodies away, let me know. I'll probably post up some trades in Lost Dogs. I might even be willing to part with the Prague posters. Ha.

Probably wouldnt' hurt to email 10C and beg for mercy. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but I doubt their intent would be to send a person the same two posters. Maybe you can ship those back and get two fresh ones.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

Give this man some socks Santos!!

If I get some they are yours Chris.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    LB113337 said:

XL box

Very happy with the shirts. Posters are Fenway green lady, and Slater Stockholm '14

That is a sweet shirt! Has a collar, so I could even wear it to work if I got one!
    I bought that hoodie like 10 years ago or whenever it was for sale. Was dissappointed only because it ran way small. I got an XL and was more like a medium, or very tight L at best. Hope that isnt the case with yours.
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386

Still waiting for someone to film....share the excitement!

Mine is scheduled for delivery 4/25 and I'm going to film and share as soon as I can.