Options

If Hillary is Elected, I Predict.......

Have at it. Post what you think might happen and we can see who has the crystal ball.
09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    ...she will have a much easier time getting things passed through congress than Trump would have.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    - Escalation of troop levels in the Middle East
    - Increased aid to Israel
    - Increased Wall Street influence on the White House and Congress
    - Rollback of parts of ObamaCare to put the Affordable into the ACA
    - Fresh fodder for late night comedians
    - No big change in standard of living
    - Judicial activist SCOTA nominations
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    ^I see what you did there... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Same corruption, different leader...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Taco trucks everywhere ... actually, I will vote for her is she can make this happen
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

^I see what you did there... :lol:

PP193448 said:

Same corruption, different leader...

Exactly! Trump would be largely ineffective, Hillary much more so, but basically along the same lines as the past 8 years. The end result is that nothing will drastically change
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Trump claims the election was rigged and sues disbelieving the results in at least 3 states
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    pjhawks said:

Trump claims the election was rigged and sues disbelieving the results in at least 3 states

.....My state Florida being one of them. The Empire will still fall just at a slower rate.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited September 2016
    We'll be fighting in the streets
    With our children at our feet
    And the morals that they worship will be gone
    And the men who spurred us on
    Sit in judgment of all wrong
    They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution
    Smile and grin at the change all around
    Pick up my guitar and play
    Just like yesterday
    Then I'll get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
    We knew it all along
    We were liberated from the fold, that's all
    And the world looks just the same
    And history ain't changed
    'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war

Just like yesterday
    No, no

I'll move myself and my family aside
    If we happen to be left half alive
    I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
    Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
    Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets
    Looks any different to me
    And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
    And the parting on the left
    Are now parting on the right
    And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
    Don't get fooled again
    No, no

Yeah!

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Absolutely nothing changes
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    Activist judge = a judge that makes decisions I don't like.
  • Options
    ...before too long we will soon have a new National Anthem, something akin the anthem that became new to England in the late 70's.

Ahem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMxqcgBhWQ
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited September 2016
    Like *edit* many people give a shit about the anthem to begin with.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Oh for fucks sake, enjoys the song.

I mean it, maaaaaaaaaaaan! :lol:
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Death to more brown people for profit.

Civil War here.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    everything's changed......absolutely nothing's changed......
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    The Earth will still orbit the sun, shit will still smell like shit, 4 years will pass and once again an asshat will be elected.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    o.k here goes............IF Hillary is elected I predict her health will become a bigger issue for her personally and maybe even force her to resign as President.
    on a lighter note....she will continue the path of destruction Obama has started.

Godfather.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866

o.k here goes............IF Hillary is elected I predict her health will become a bigger issue for her personally and maybe even force her to resign as President.
    on a lighter note....she will continue the path of destruction Obama has started.

Godfather.

:rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    in-fact I believe it's very possible she suffers a serious heart attack before Trump accepts the position of commander and chief..

Godfather.
  • Options
    don't make me break out my crystal ball...LOL !!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653

in-fact I believe it's very possible she suffers a serious heart attack before Trump accepts the position of commander and chief..

Godfather.

Maybe if you'd actually watched the debate you would have noticed that Trump is the one who looks like he's about to keel over right now, not Hillary. There really did seem to be something wrong with him the other night. He seemed to be either ill or high. Hillary seemed perfectly healthy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    I predict millennials will leave the democraticb
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Maybe if you'd actually watched the debate you would have noticed that Trump is the one who looks like he's about to keel over right now, not Hillary. There really did seem to be something wrong with him the other night. He seemed to be either ill or high. Hillary seemed perfectly healthy.
    Perfectly healthy because she stood at the podium? hahaha... :)
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    First, given her age, I predict she'll be one term.

She'll be fairly similar to Bill; competent, dedicated, willing to eat/drink/sleep the job. But also most of the below (particularly the bold).
    jeffbr said:

- Judicial activist Moderate left SCOTA nominations

That the right thinks she's a crazy liberal is even funnier than the fact that they think Obama is a crazy liberal.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited September 2016
    tonifig8 said:

I predict millennials will leave the democraticb

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Perfectly healthy because she stood at the podium? hahaha... :)
    No, she just looked fine. Clear eyes, normal energy, strong voice, well-rested. Normal Hillary Clinton in good health. Trump, on the other hand, looked like he was on the tail end of a three day bender.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

She'll be fairly similar to Bill; competent, dedicated, willing to eat/drink/sleep the job. But also most of the below (particularly the bold).

jeffbr said:

That the right thinks she's a crazy liberal is even funnier than the fact that they think Obama is a crazy liberal.
    Ha, I can accept your edit. I used those words only because I had the exact same list in the Trump prediction thread with the exception of the SCOTUS nominations line, to highlight that for me, that would be the big difference between the two. Trump really isn't a conservative Republican, and Hillary really isn't a liberal Democrat. They're both aloof, out of touch with their constituents, part of the wall street establishment, and are driven by power and influence. But I acknowledge that their SCOTUS picks would be a real differentiator. Oh, and Hillary would certainly be the better statesperson. She's quite a bit less alienating than Trump.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Hillary Clinton is the neocon in this race. She'll make Cheney's war mongering look like recess.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

NAHHHHHH this is more fun and I know who I'm voting for.

Godfather.

• Options
    unsung said:

Hillary Clinton is the neocon in this race.

Probably, but
    unsung said:

She'll make Cheney's war mongering look like recess.

Let's not get carried away.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

OnWis97 said:

jeffbr said:

Ha, I can accept your edit. I used those words only because I had the exact same list in the Trump prediction thread with the exception of the SCOTUS nominations line, to highlight that for me, that would be the big difference between the two. Trump really isn't a conservative Republican, and Hillary really isn't a liberal Democrat. They're both aloof, out of touch with their constituents, part of the wall street establishment, and are driven by power and influence. But I acknowledge that their SCOTUS picks would be a real differentiator. Oh, and Hillary would certainly be the better statesperson. She's quite a bit less alienating than Trump.
    These are the two most tangible differences. The winner gets a SCOTUS nomination on day 1 (which I cannot believe we don't even really think about any more) so we'll find out whether Trump even appoints someone qualified. I predict (jokingly, but I hope I am not suprisingly near the mark): Joe the Plumber.

The more intangible difference is that Hillary has more desire and background for it. It's an eat/sleep/drink job and as much as Trump likes to "win" I don't think he really wants to "be President." And while it's hard to quantify, that may be the most important difference. I may prefer Hillary to your run of the mill Republican, but the gap in "is he/she qualified" is substantial here. I know it's cool to hate career politicians, but we're about to find out the hard way what happens when you elect someone who is running for his own amusement and is not prepared.