Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Haha. Well I think them winning another 20 games next year would be a good start to that turn around. Wouldn't shock me to see them be in the mix for the 8th seed for a while as well. But wins and losses next year take a back seat to actually seeing the fruits of the last few season's labor on the floor together finally--they'll just have so much more talent that it will be hard not to be significantly better. And '17/'18 they should be a playoff team for sure.

God bless Sam Hinkie. They can now let these seeds start to sprout and get better while still have a shot at not one but two top ten picks over the next couple years.

Future's bright, my friends.

Go Sixers

the underlined above is delusional and frankly utterly insane. so in 2 years they are going from 10 wins to a playoff team? sorry but that's utterly fucking absurd unless they sign a top 10 level free agent to add to the mix of young guys.

I guess you didn't quite understand the first time i mentioned that winning 20 more games next year still puts them in the bottom 5 of the NBA and nowhere near close to the playoffs. I think you are setting yourself up for a big letdown next year and the following year. Yes they will have a big talent upgrade but it will be incredibly young and inexperienced. It took OKC with Durant 3 years to make the playoffs. The T'Wolves with the last 2 NBA Rookies of the Year only won 29 games this year (albeit in a much tougher conference). and you expect this team and franchise to get 40 some wins in 2 years?
    are you aware that teams can make trades in the nba? doesn't seem like you are
    of course but juggler isn't saying they are going to make the playoffs in two years based on a supposed trade. with the players they have now and the draft picks to come they aren't making the playoffs in the next two years. no fucking chance.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

this is the eastern conference here ... and the nba which is driven by top end talent ... if you are gonna name the top 5 players in the league ... a lot of peeps gonna pick lebron, steph, westbrook and durant ... and they are all in the CF ... raptors could have been any team in the east to be quite honest ... sixers could easily make playoffs next year because the east is that bad ...

they could add 7 lottery picks to their roster over the next three years

embiid, saric, simmons/ingram this year
    sixers pick, lakers pick next year
    sixers pick, kings pick the following year

also have the most cap space in the league. conceivable at some point that they can add two max free agents

possibilities for adding talent are endless. they could definitely make playoffs next year -- all depends on what the offseason looks like. Again, I just hope they don't rush things to get into the playoffs.
    for sure looks like a great situation ... the only thing i would say is that basketball isn't like hockey or baseball ... you only play 10 guys of which your top 5 get most of the run ... within that top 5 - you need 2.5 elite talents (0.5 elite being your 6th man) and role players ... you also need continuity ... if this was hockey/baseball ... i'd say you are set up for a nice long run ... but because of salary caps and the smaller roster - the window to figure this out isn't as long as you think ...
    of course. All of the assets and the foundation that Hinkie built gives them numerous options on how to build their roster. They definitely won't be using all of those picks, but it gives them flexibility and options to make moves.

I can't wait to see Embiid this year. I still think he's going to be an absolute monster
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

this is the eastern conference here ... and the nba which is driven by top end talent ... if you are gonna name the top 5 players in the league ... a lot of peeps gonna pick lebron, steph, westbrook and durant ... and they are all in the CF ... raptors could have been any team in the east to be quite honest ... sixers could easily make playoffs next year because the east is that bad ...

also have the most cap space in the league. conceivable at some point that they can add two max free agents

possibilities for adding talent are endless. they could definitely make playoffs next year -- all depends on what the offseason looks like. Again, I just hope they don't rush things to get into the playoffs.
    for sure looks like a great situation ... the only thing i would say is that basketball isn't like hockey or baseball ... you only play 10 guys of which your top 5 get most of the run ... within that top 5 - you need 2.5 elite talents (0.5 elite being your 6th man) and role players ... you also need continuity ... if this was hockey/baseball ... i'd say you are set up for a nice long run ... but because of salary caps and the smaller roster - the window to figure this out isn't as long as you think ...
    of course. All of the assets and the foundation that Hinkie built gives them numerous options on how to build their roster. They definitely won't be using all of those picks, but it gives them flexibility and options to make moves.

I can't wait to see Embiid this year. I still think he's going to be an absolute monster
    Embiid hasn't played in 2 years and only played 1/2 season in college. If healthy i agree he has a chance to be a stud but it's going to take time for him to get acclimated to the NBA. If healthy I still think it takes him 2-3 years to become a really good NBA player.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

Embiid hasn't played in 2 years and only played 1/2 season in college. If healthy i agree he has a chance to be a stud but it's going to take time for him to get acclimated to the NBA. If healthy I still think it takes him 2-3 years to become a really good NBA player.
    you're also the guy who loved aaron gordon coming out of Arizona. Soooo...yeah
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    The East stinks, fella. OKC and Twolves are in the west. And I don't care if only a few teams won less than 30 games. Winning 20 more than the previous year while finally getting to see the likes of Embiid, Saric and Simmons and others will be immensely more fun to watch than the previous few years. Wins and losses take a back seat to seeing what these guys can do finally.....just like with the Phillies this year.

And, yeah I can see them being a playoff team in a couple years. It's not difficult to make the playoffs in the east.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

still like him. He's only played a year and half because of injury. still think he is going to be a very good NBA player.

do you really think Embiid is going to dominate after not playing for 2 years? i mean the consensus when healthy at Kansas that he was still going to be a bit of a project in the NBA because of his lack of experience. i guess in your mind that has changed after sitting out 2 years.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Haha. Well I think them winning another 20 games next year would be a good start to that turn around. Wouldn't shock me to see them be in the mix for the 8th seed for a while as well. But wins and losses next year take a back seat to actually seeing the fruits of the last few season's labor on the floor together finally--they'll just have so much more talent that it will be hard not to be significantly better. And '17/'18 they should be a playoff team for sure.

God bless Sam Hinkie. They can now let these seeds start to sprout and get better while still have a shot at not one but two top ten picks over the next couple years.

Go Sixers

the underlined above is delusional and frankly utterly insane. so in 2 years they are going from 10 wins to a playoff team? sorry but that's utterly fucking absurd unless they sign a top 10 level free agent to add to the mix of young guys.

I guess you didn't quite understand the first time i mentioned that winning 20 more games next year still puts them in the bottom 5 of the NBA and nowhere near close to the playoffs. I think you are setting yourself up for a big letdown next year and the following year. Yes they will have a big talent upgrade but it will be incredibly young and inexperienced. It took OKC with Durant 3 years to make the playoffs. The T'Wolves with the last 2 NBA Rookies of the Year only won 29 games this year (albeit in a much tougher conference). and you expect this team and franchise to get 40 some wins in 2 years?
    of course but juggler isn't saying they are going to make the playoffs in two years based on a supposed trade. with the players they have now and the draft picks to come they aren't making the playoffs in the next two years. no fucking chance.
    Yes I am. I am fully expecting this roster to look vastly different in a year or two after they figure out which pieces fit and which pieces don't. The point is they have an abundance of ways to get better and get better quicker than narrow minded people like you think.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

still like him. He's only played a year and half because of injury. still think he is going to be a very good NBA player.

do you really think Embiid is going to dominate after not playing for 2 years? i mean the consensus when healthy at Kansas that he was still going to be a bit of a project in the NBA because of his lack of experience. i guess in your mind that has changed after sitting out 2 years.
    you said gordon would be better than Randle, which has next to no shot of happening. This will bring your accuracy record around here to 0 - 3,927,792. An amazing achievement. Congrats.

I think Embiid has all star potential.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

you said gordon would be better than Randle, which has next to no shot of happening. This will bring your accuracy record around here to 0 - 3,927,792. An amazing achievement. Congrats.

I agree on Embiid's potential I just think it is going to take time because of his lack of experience and playing time. To think he is going to be great right off that bat after missing 2 years is just not realistic.

• Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

I agree on Embiid's potential I just think it is going to take time because of his lack of experience and playing time. To think he is going to be great right off that bat after missing 2 years is just not realistic.

no one ever said he was going to step on the court and be tim duncan. reading is hard
  • Options

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Go Sixers

Yes I am. I am fully expecting this roster to look vastly different in a year or two after they figure out which pieces fit and which pieces don't. The point is they have an abundance of ways to get better and get better quicker than narrow minded people like you think.
    IF/when they make a trade or free agent signing then i will readjust my line of thinking to go with the roster but as of now thinking playoffs in 2 years is just setting yourself up to be severely disappointed.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Go Sixers

IF/when they make a trade or free agent signing then i will readjust my line of thinking to go with the roster but as of now thinking playoffs in 2 years is just setting yourself up to be severely disappointed.
    As usual, no foresight. Not surprising whatsoever

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

i'd take gordon over randle easy ... gordon's ceiling higher than randle ... sometimes it's about system and opportunity ... playing under skiles is no easy thing ... now, that he's gone ... that should allow gordon to grow ...
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Go Sixers

in the eastern conference!?? ... frig ... sixers could make the playoffs next year ... that's how bad the east is ...
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Go Sixers

ill tell you what since you are so fucking smart put your money up on your prediction of the playoffs in 2 years. Let's bet a $500 donation to the others persons favorite charity on the Sixers making the playoffs in the next 2 years. If you are so confident feel free to take the bet.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

i'd take gordon over randle easy ... gordon's ceiling higher than randle ... sometimes it's about system and opportunity ... playing under skiles is no easy thing ... now, that he's gone ... that should allow gordon to grow ...
    Completely disagree. Gordon can't shoot to save his life. He's more athletic than Randle, but Randle is a better all around player.

Randle won't have Kobe in his way this year. Kobe was more detrimental than Skiles
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    God damnit, dude, I can't read these goddamn paywall articles.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Go Sixers

ill tell you what since you are so fucking smart put your money up on your prediction of the playoffs in 2 years. Let's bet a $500 donation to the others persons favorite charity on the Sixers making the playoffs in the next 2 years. If you are so confident feel free to take the bet.
    3 out of the last 4 years a team in the east has made the playoffs with 38 wins. The Pacers got in with 37 wins in 2011. The eastern conference blows. Sure I'll take your dumb bet.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Okafur to Lakers for 2nd pick rumors. Would you do that? I wouldn't even think twice.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

no one ever said he was going to step on the court and be tim duncan. reading is hard
    The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

Completely disagree. Gordon can't shoot to save his life. He's more athletic than Randle, but Randle is a better all around player.

Randle won't have Kobe in his way this year. Kobe was more detrimental than Skiles
    Gordon's overall shooting percentage and 3 pt shooting was higher this year than Randle's.

Gordon 47.3% Fg% - 29.6% 3Pt% - 66.8 FT%
    Randle 42.9% Fg%, - 27.8 3Pt%,- 71.5 F%
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Okafur to Lakers for 2nd pick rumors. Would you do that? I wouldn't even think twice.

Yes
  • Options
    What about for the 3rd? Russell for Okafor?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Say why were the Celtics in the draft lottery this year to get the third pick?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Don't we need to see Embiid on the court before you trade Okafor?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

The Fixer said:

polaris_x said:

Gordon has better stats than Randle pretty much across the board except for pts and rebounding which is tied to playing time ...
  • Options

Okafor for "the other guy" ... no doubter ... think the potential "off court" issues is what tilts this into the for sure category ...
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited May 2016
    I wish I never commented on this thread cause I hate seeing it in my "participated" topics list.

MY Philadelphia 76ers? Don't put this on me!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com