1. Better Man
2. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
3. The Kids Are Alright (Townshend)
4. Sirens
5. Black
6. Just Breathe
7. Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog)
8. Throw Your Hatred Down (Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Any word on Soundgarden's setlist?
    Seattle 2-6-95,Seattle 9-16-96,Vancouver 7-19-98, Seattle 7-21-98, Seattle 11-5-00, Seattle 12-9-02, Vancouver 5-30-03, Vancouver 9-2-05, Calgary 9-4-05, Edmonton 9-5-05, Vancouver 4-2-08 (Ed Ved), Seattle 9-21-09, Vancouver 9-25-09, Vancouver 9-25-11, Vancouver 12-04-13, Seattle 11-20-16 (Temple of the Dog)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    That black version and tag was unreal....and the jam at the end of throw your hatred down
    thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    The entire night was fabulous. Wasn't planning on making the trip but then pulled fifth row off Live Nation on Thursday so decided to make the drive up.

Pearl Jam was spectacular. Black was just beautiful and the closing two-fer of Hunger Strike with Cornell and Throw Your Hatred Down with Neil was off the charts. A great end to the PJ year.
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 779
    Awesome couple of days at Bridge...loved Black tonight!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Black was absolutely fucking unreal tonight. What a weekend!
  • Options
    edm826edm826 New York Posts: 23
    Just got home, took my 16 year old cousin to see PJ for the first time (my 10th). She called 4 of the 8 songs this morning, including predicting hunger strike on back to back nights. I told the kid to call me next time she had a good feeling about some lotto numbers.

I felt like they could have slowed Sirens down a little more to start and I wasn't a huge fan of the voice of the guy that came up for just breathe but then again I don't know anything about music composition and it's a tall order to sound good on the same stage as EV and CC. Black was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Elderly Woman live 3 times in 5 days incl Denver.

Anyway it was an awesome show and weekend. Great to keep meeting more and more of you folks - definitely looking forward to rocking out in 2015.
  • Options

That black version and tag was unreal....and the jam at the end of throw your hatred down
    thanks Sea

It's from Bobby Jean,...part of the tag that is...
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Awesome, Thanks Sea !
  • Options
    I know some of the Bridge School performances have been made available by many artists on iTunes over the years but would Pearl Jam make their own performances available for download as a kind of mini-bootleg and pay proceeds to the Bridge School? These would be amazing additions to our PJ collections and the school would benefit from many of us paying to have them.
    Flanders
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 364
    edited October 2014

I know some of the Bridge School performances have been made available by many artists on iTunes over the years but would Pearl Jam make their own performances available for download as a kind of mini-bootleg and pay proceeds to the Bridge School? These would be amazing additions to our PJ collections and the school would benefit from many of us paying to have them.

Not the first time it's been suggested and certainly gets my vote! Bit of a no-brainer, really.
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    Yeah, very un-PJ like to refuse a good cause.
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 128

thanks Sea

Throw Your Hatred Down was insane...short video here: instagram.com/p/uqZRsHE8kc/
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351

We need a petition
  • Options
    en2776en2776 Sacramento, CA Posts: 15
    For those of you curious about other band's setlists I tried my best to tweet them out between set breaks ... https://twitter.com/knewnez
    I'm sure I got a few titles wrong and others I had no clue.
  • Options
    Another great show! I am glad I finally made it out to a Bridge concert.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    edited November 2014

Pearl Jam – Denver ~> World Series – San Francisco ~> Bridge School Benefit – Mountain View

More fun than should be allowed

Thanks Brook Minnesota Mike Florida Marc New Jersey

Traveling fans rule the planet

Post edited by edwho on

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    Pearl Jam needs to do an acoustic tour because these tiny bridge sets are such a tease. I love their regular shows, but their acoustic performances are extra special.

I had hoped Willie Nelson and his harmonica player would be at Bridge this year to join PJ in a version of Just Breathe, so when his son Lucas came out to sing along, I felt like my wish came true! My husband and I especially enjoy the Willie Nelson version of JB and often sing the lyrics to one another.

Florence's 'Southern Man' performance with Neil and company moved me to tears.

Neil Young is clearly in love with mother Earth. On Saturday night he invited the musicians out to join him for, "Who's Gonna Stand Up (and save the earth)" despite none of them knowing the song. Eddie was the only one who came out, and when the song ended I was surprised it was the finale of the show (usually the grand finale is a more grand!). Well, Neil made up for it Sunday night as all of the bridge musicians joined him on stage and he had the audience all singing along, as only Neil can do.

The only sad part of the finale was that Chris Cornell looked super medicated (although I adore Matt Cameron, I'm not a Sound Garden fan). Seeing CC so out of it made me feel sorry for the guy.

I usually never video tape during shows because it interferes with being present in the moment, but my seat was so awesome I couldn't help myself. However, my phone memory filled up during PJ so I wasn't able to capture much of their set, nor was I able to film any of Neil's set.

For me, Florence and the Machine was the highlight of the show, and I was able to capture much of her amazing vocals:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152736996368400
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    jenny said:

The only sad part of the finale was that Chris Cornell looked super medicated (although I adore Matt Cameron, I'm not a Sound Garden fan). Seeing CC so out of it made me feel sorry for the guy.

I wasn't there Sunday but noticed this Saturday. Also, he really slowed the tempo a few times, distractingly I thought, during the first part of Hunger Strike. Did he do that on Sunday?
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    Yes he did. He did not sound good.
  • Options
    childofthemoonchildofthemoon Detroit Posts: 60
    edited October 2014
    Hunger Strike - live performances with Cornell & Vedder:
    am I missing any?
    1990-11-13 Off Ramp Cafe, Seattle WA
    1991-08-03 RKCNDY, Seattle, WA, USA
    1991-10-03 Forum, USA, Los Angeles CA
    1991-10-06 Hollywood Palladium, Hollywood CA
    1992-08-14 Lake Fairfax Park, Reston VA
    1992-09-13 Irvine Meadows, Irvine CA
    2003-10-28 Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara CA
    2009-10-06 Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City CA
    2011-09-03 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
    2011-09-04 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
    2014-10-25 Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View CA
    2014-10-26 Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View CA
    Post edited by childofthemoon on
  • Options
    I don't think Cornell was medicated...he may have just been, uh, not into the song
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There's been nothing medicated about SG shows since the reunion. In fact, they're a much tighter band live than PJ now and their recent studio output is way better. Anyone interested in a great live performance should check out their Superunknown show from Austin City Limits in March.
    Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on
  • Options
    Two of my favorite moments from Sunday (heart of gold, grand finale, and so many more songs were also great, but I don't want to clog up the board with videos):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fHDIUn-x-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYf3RCmdDxo
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited October 2014

I don't think Cornell was medicated...he may have just been, uh, not into the song

Watching it on YouTube, I felt that be wasn't into the song. The look he gave as he started singing semed to say "this fucking song again..."
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,461
    jenny said:

Two of my favorite moments from Sunday (heart of gold, grand finale, and so many more songs were also great, but I don't want to clog up the board with videos):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fHDIUn-x-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYf3RCmdDxo

Jenny, I say clog away with your videos. They are awesome! Thanks.
  • Options
    just to make sure nobody gets the wrong idea about the high level Chris and SG are playing at these days, check out this performance of Zero Chance from Day 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt-Vt0ssLAM
  • Options
    and btw, the only guy who screwed up Hunger Strike was Eddie on night two ;)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,435

Hunger Strike - live performances with Cornell & Vedder:
    am I missing any?
    1990-11-13 Off Ramp Cafe, Seattle WA
    1991-08-03 RKCNDY, Seattle, WA, USA
    1991-10-03 Forum, USA, Los Angeles CA
    1991-10-06 Hollywood Palladium, Hollywood CA
    1992-08-14 Lake Fairfax Park, Reston VA
    1992-09-13 Irvine Meadows, Irvine CA
    2003-10-28 Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara CA
    2009-10-06 Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City CA
    2011-09-03 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
    2011-09-04 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
    2014-10-25 Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View CA
    2014-10-26 Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View CA

I've been lucky enough to see Hunger Strike 6 times.....Shoreline x 2, Alpine Valley x 2, Gibson & Irvine Meadows.

• Options
    that's pretty sweet