Options

*** Bridge School Concert 2 Fanviews Here 10/26/14 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    actually i can see at how the beginning of the version from night 2 he sounds a bit drony. still, he sounds awesome these days. he's come back hard vocally since the rough couple years in the 00's.
  • Options
    Ok, two more favorites from Sunday night - Throw Your Hatred Down and Heart of Gold (I love Pearl Jam for allowing their performances to remain on YouTube!) The first one shows Mike and Neil tag-teaming on guitar:

http://youtu.be/xKFO801s7Jc

http://youtu.be/TTRhAkqlmfE

p.s. - I did not mean to disrespect CC or anyone who appreciates his talent. I made an observation not just from how he appeared during the grand finale song, but from how he looked side stage and walking onto stage etc...

I have come close to a 'Life Wasted' a few times myself, and many of my nearest and dearest also struggle with addiction. My intention was not all to judge him or criticize his talent - I simply felt compassion for the guy. Some of our world's greatest talent have been consumed by the disease of addiction and I hope my perception of him was wrong.

Here's to peace and enjoying the music. Oh yeah, and GO SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!!!!
  • Options
    fanofedfanofed Mid North Coast Posts: 77
    Wish I had been @ the Bridge . But it's a long way from oz. My brother went. He had a great time, he's been a Neil fan for so long. Loved PJ sitting, playing acoustic style.
  • Options
    yeah, no worries. if you'd seen the SG sets you'd have a different perspective - they were very up energy. take care.
  • Options
    fanofed said:

Wish I had been @ the Bridge . But it's a long way from oz. My brother went. He had a great time, he's been a Neil fan for so long. Loved PJ sitting, playing acoustic style.

My dream vacation would be to visit Australia along with PJ and EV solo tours. At Bridge I met a gal from Canada who traveled with a friend to the show and we both agreed nothing beats combining vacation with your favorite performance art. An acoustic PJ tour Benaroya Hall style would be awesome.