Options

are you getting sick of all the song requests on here?

Comments

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Yes
    The requests don't really bother me, just think they should have their own category...
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    scurtis said:

The requests don't really bother me, just think they should have their own category...

Wilco has their own request link on the website perhaps this would be the way to go.

I will take the blame for this shit. once everyone saw that they played fucking Parachutes in Cinci, they were like fuck man, they will play anything we request. sorry guys!!!

well, they dude that requested All those Yesterdays has to take the other 50% of the blame.

but thank you again to the band for playing it!!! I will never forget that show.. amazing time had by all.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Yes

The other day 11/18 of the threads (not counting the sticky threads which for some reason take up 50% of the main page) were song requests. Completely ridiculous. The band isn't a friggin jukebox for your emotions and this isn't American top 40 with a 'long distance request." Enough already.

Yeah, this is the problem with the response 'if you don't like it, don't open the thread'
    Its difficult to skip over these types of threads when they take up so much space
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Yes
    Please play Even Flow
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes
    mr_canada said:

Please DONT play Even Flow

Fixed for ya! =))
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited October 2014
    Yes
    scurtis said:

exactly start a category call it Amongst The Fans, put it between The Porch and Given To Fly and anything the fans want to say directly to the band song requests or thank yous or whatever they want to say will go there plus if the band decides to read for that stuff they would know exactly where to find it, so that way we are not being insensitive, it just our Porch is becoming a mess (cluttered), because there is way too much stuff going on here and this would absolutely make it neater, and then the dedications and personal requests to the band can have their own area and would be much easier to go through and find for the band members
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    Yes
    mr_canada said:

Please play Even Flow

:))
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,439
    edited October 2014
    Yes

The song requests and your polls are in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. Way too many of each.

Yes. Can I make a request that there be no more requests?
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    on2legs said:

The song requests and your polls are in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. Way too many of each.

Yes but then Hank gets to make a poll about it. Hahaha!
  • Options
    Yes
    TJ25487 said:

on2legs said:

Yes but then Hank gets to make a poll about it. Hahaha!
    lol, no, I just saw a bunch of people complaining about all the requests, figured it would make an interesting poll
  • Options
    Yes
    And 2 more have been started in the last 30 mins jesus
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

just give the requests both song and personal their own section, then it is easier for the guys to find if they want to honor them, then the rest of us don't have to sift through them, we can go over and check them once a day and give our support to the ones we like
  • Options
    Yes

badbrains said:

just give the requests both song and personal their own section, then it is easier for the guys to find if they want to honor them, then the rest of us don't have to sift through them, we can go over and check them once a day and give our support to the ones we like
    Anything cuz this is getting out of hand, strike that, it IS out of hand. It's getting super annoying. Nothing against the people personally but come on, enough already.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Anything cuz this is getting out of hand, strike that, it IS out of hand. It's getting super annoying. Nothing against the people personally but come on, enough already.
    I agree with Big Bank.

We need to start a new partition in between Porch and Given to Fly.

Shits getting real. Death and morbid requests need a special place - Not on the Porch

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Yes

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

I agree with Big Bank.

We need to start a new partition in between Porch and Given to Fly.

Shits getting real. Death and morbid requests need a special place - Not on the Porch

people are just requesting everything now, not just one song, multiple songs, pretty soon it will be please play this first encore for me and they got like 10 songs listed
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Yes
    I agree w/ the "I gotta vent" guy. It became too much. I will say, there's an Oceans thread on page 1. I'm a part of it. It was mostly a fun conversation. After tonight, I think all the original posters have Oceans. I usually skip over the requests, but if someone asks to change that Oceans title, I'll support it.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    No
    CROJAM95 said:

Oh God someone requested a song, they are taking up valuable real estate on a Message board
    :))

And also not everyone lives on here 24/7...so if they request a song dont jump down their throats for it, they are just excited fans.

Now the ones who bring constant negativity here and still pay dues...now thats some funny shit.

Bingo
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I wouldn't say I'm sick of the song request threads, I mean my time spent on the forum has decreased in the last few months but it's definitely noticeable that there is more & more of these threads nowadays there in the past. It's nice to see some requests get seen and the song gets played. I still think Paul's request for All Those Yesterdays at Berlin (I included In My Tree on the thread) got seen with both being played. Could have just been coincidence but who knows!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Only the song requests I don't agree with :)
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    No
    ofcourse not..
    1st of all people have the right to request something more than sticker and fuckin merch
    2nd is working,band plays so many requests posted here ,and dedicate the songs to the people asked them..tons of proofs..
    3rd,the band are aware all the requests posted here..even the blind can see it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Yes....but I still really f***ing want to see No Way. Hence my request.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Yes
    I said yes, but that ACL-My son Joey-Long Road request thread, I bumped that for weeks.
    I also consciously avoided almost all of the other request threads. It does clog the front page up, but the band does perform songs that people like, so...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    To be honest I don't even read them. There's lots of threads I don't read. If threads like that bother you just don't read them at all!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Yes
    Pj soul said it well. Way too much. The band set a precedent that they listen to fans and honor requests. The amount of these have grown to many per show where an individual can go in and already know like 1/4 of the show and much more if you include lightning bolt songs and even flow and the like.
  • Options
    Yes
    boyo79 said:

To be honest I don't even read them. There's lots of threads I don't read. If threads like that bother you just don't read them at all!

It's that you have 1/3 of the threads about song requests. I have a feeling a lot of the old posters are leaving slowly and the new members are starting to post more. Could be a "new" thing brought on by "new" members? This wasn't a problem last year. Seems like out with the old and in with the new. Idk, maybe I'm just being stupid. But it is getting old.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    No
    Oceans and Black Red and Yellow played in Detroit last night- these request threads are being satisfied and thus here to stay.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    No
    I cant even start to think why someone would moan about this. Avoid reading the threads - is it really that hard?
  • Options

Oceans and Black Red and Yellow played in Detroit last night- these request threads are being satisfied and thus here to stay.

Yeah I'm almost tempted to start a Dirty Frank in Denver thread since these request threads do seem to be working. I won't though cause I rarely start threads anymore. But you're right, somebody is paying attention to these threads...which is kinda surprising but pretty cool
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    After the Red, Black, Yellow.... there are only gonna be more requests.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Yes
    lolobugg said:

After the Red, Black, Yellow.... there are only gonna be more requests.

They even started new requests while the boys were on stage in Detroit. Unreal.