Options

PITTSBURGH 2000 MISSING LINK POSTER QUESTION

troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
edited May 2013 in Lost Dogs
I wanted to pose a question about the Pittsburgh 2000 Missing Link poster. I have heard that it was a non commissioned poster sold after the event and then pulled by Pearl Jam/10 Club for some reason. However when I look in the store at the bootleg for the show the poster is posted next to the setlist:

http://pearljam.com/bootlegs/17954/2000 ... e_pavilion

Does anyone know if the poster is a real concert poster or just some artists bootleg poster?

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS ONE I AM VERY INTERESTED.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    troysp1 wrote:
    I wanted to pose a question about the Pittsburgh 2000 Missing Link poster. I have heard that it was a non commissioned poster sold after the event and then pulled by Pearl Jam/10 Club for some reason. However when I look in the store at the bootleg for the show the poster is posted next to the setlist:

http://pearljam.com/bootlegs/17954/2000 ... e_pavilion

Does anyone know if the poster is a real concert poster or just some artists bootleg poster?

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS ONE I AM VERY INTERESTED.

Thanks

The 3 Missing Link posters from the 2000 Binaural tour (Atlanta, Chicago, and Pittsburgh) weren't (and still aren't) considered official concert posters. These were sold approximately 9 months after the concerts took place, and sales were stopped (at the band's request) shortly there after. Popular belief is that these were created by Ames Bros. An interesting tidbit about this specific poster is that Pittsburgh is misspelled. All 3 posters are extremely rare, and as such command the appropriate dollars. In all honesty I think it would be a fair assessment to call them "official" bootleg posters.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I I remember correctly someone commented on the boards within the last year about how he emailed the 10club a little while ago ad they basically just have a few flats of them sitting in storage but don't plan on doing anything with them. He even offered to pay market value and send some to charity or something along those sorts.

Interesting prints to say the least... Tons of interest.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Ok, I ask this knowing fully well that it may make me look like a moron and I'll probably catch some heat for it but I don't know the full history or story with these posters.

Why are they called "Missing link"?

Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks. :)
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    Uncle SnuffyUncle Snuffy Posts: 950
    jason_94 wrote:
    Ok, I ask this knowing fully well that it may make me look like a moron and I'll probably catch some heat for it but I don't know the full history or story with these posters.

I have the Chicago '00 poster in my collection. The artist is listed as "Blackie". I haven't looked at it very closely lately. But "Missing Link" is printed at the bottom of the poster. Can't remember if that was the name of the printing company or not. I'm under the belief it was done by Ames as there are just too many similarities to their other PJ posters from the '98-'00 era. I have nothing to prove that...just my hunch.

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    jason_94 wrote:

I have the Chicago '00 poster in my collection. The artist is listed as "Blackie". I haven't looked at it very closely lately. But "Missing Link" is printed at the bottom of the poster. Can't remember if that was the name of the printing company or not. I'm under the belief it was done by Ames as there are just too many similarities to their other PJ posters from the '98-'00 era. I have nothing to prove that...just my hunch.

- Uncle Snuffy

So, "Missing Link" is printed at the bottom of the prints. That would make sense as to why they are called that then.

Thank you for the info!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    Pittsburgh WAS sold at the show. A very limited amount were sold before the merch attendant pulled it from the display and put it in a box with hundreds of others. Rumor has it that they were all destroyed, but some were sold at the show. FACT!
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433

I I remember correctly someone commented on the boards within the last year about how he emailed the 10club a little while ago ad they basically just have a few flats of them sitting in storage but don't plan on doing anything with them. He even offered to pay market value and send some to charity or something along those sorts.

That would be a heck of a mystery box item!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    There was no poster for the Toronto show either. I wonder if something similar happened there.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    There's a 2000 Pittsburgh on ebay right now...
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

There's a 2000 Pittsburgh on ebay right now...

Nevermind, seller closed the listing...
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

MYSTERY BOX
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    that was me..been after this poster for over a decade now, its my biggest PJ related ISO...and apparently 10c changed their answer in regards to this poster...i inquired about this poster/artist in 2009. here is 10c exact response in '09:
    Re: Koo Chung pittsburgh poster 2000 I have no contact info. Google would be your option...you could always start a thread at EB and see if anyone on there would help you. We have these in our archive, none of which are available for purchase at this time
    i responded and asked if these will ever be on sale...
    Chances of 10c selling selling any posters older than 2005 are about as close to 0 as you can get...but i've learned to never say never in the PJ world
    so i had hope...fast forward to pop up shop last december. thought there could be a chance one of these items in the archive make it to the show. I emailed 10c in november 2013 asking if this poster will "pop up" hoping I could beg someone to PB for me just in case
    been here over 10 years, have never seen a copy of the poster that wasnt in a book
    10c
    so who knows what they have in their "archives" maybe they arent organized and its hidden somewhere....and i believe its Ames as well. I emailed Ames also in my search asking if they had any laying around and they responded they didnt have any copies. I imagine if they didnt produce it, they wouldve said, "nope not ours"

• Options
    mmearhoffmmearhoff Posts: 282
    It's off of ebay because I bought it from the another great 10c member, can't "f'ing believe" that I will have this poster soon. UNREAL!!!
  • Options
    troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    Congrats - hope u got it for a decent price. I know the value is in the eye of the person who purchases it, but still hope it was fair for u! :)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mmearhoff said:

It's off of ebay because I bought it from the another great 10c member, can't "f'ing believe" that I will have this poster soon. UNREAL!!!

Congrats, man! And I should probably also say "thank you" because I was extremely close to pulling the trigger, when I really need to put my money toward other things right now.
  • Options
    The price was steep
  • Options
    $750 plus a mcfarlane signed PJ poster....but this is NEVER FOR SALE so I had to pull trigger
  • Options
    Plus the own seems great and is a boardie, and to top it off big comic collector like myself
  • Options
    *owner
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Not sure what the mcfarlane goes for, but I think you got a good deal. Super rare poster regardless of origins.
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited May 2014
    It's kind odd that it's not signed & numbered... It's supposed to be on the bottom left but it's not visible in the eBay auction. Never seen one of the three missing link posters without it. The fact the seller has a rating of "1" is kinda off for me too.

From the original Missing Link offering in 2001:
    "limited edition collector series of signed and
    numbered silkscreened originals for the
    shows that previously had no posters"
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Options
    yieldtothepjyieldtothepj Massachusetts Posts: 54
    I have this print and it is not signed and numbered. I don't think I've seen a Pitt print that was signed and numbered although I have only seen a few of them.
  • Options
    How did you obtain it? I'd be weary of an unsigned & unnumbered Missing Link. I've actually seen one other unsigned Pittsburgh but always thought it was a copy.

The Pittsburgh's weren't sold at the show. I've been a poster freak since 1994. I was at the show super early waiting in line for day of show tickets while watching the merch booth setup and there was nothing... Had a ton of friends there too that are posters freaks as well. One of us would have seen or heard about it!
    It's not called the "Missing Link Poster Shop" for nothing. Get it? Missing Link. Missing... Link...

I have this print and it is not signed and numbered. I don't think I've seen a Pitt print that was signed and numbered although I have only seen a few of them.

• Options
    edited May 2014

How did you obtain it? I'd be weary of an unsigned & unnumbered Missing Link. I've actually seen one other unsigned Pittsburgh but always thought it was a copy. The 3 posters were sold signed & numbered out of 125 but only about 40 of each made it out of the door before they were shut down by PJ.

The Pittsburgh's weren't sold at the show. I've been a poster freak since 1994. I was at the show super early waiting in line for day of show tickets while watching the merch booth setup and there was nothing... Had a ton of friends there too that are posters freaks as well. One of us would have seen or heard about it!
    It's not called the "Missing Link Poster Shop" for nothing. Get it? Missing Link. Missing... Link...

• Options
    yieldtothepjyieldtothepj Massachusetts Posts: 54
    I was at the show as well, my gf bought it on eBay for me three years ago. I was Leary about the print and seller so I asked here if anyone knew the seller and I received multiple replys that the seller was a fellow board member and his collection was legitimate. I was in contact with the seller as well and still have his emails I think I'd have to look. There is one for sale online at a certain store and I believe theirs is not signed either.
  • Options

How did you obtain it? I'd be weary of an unsigned & unnumbered Missing Link. I've actually seen one other unsigned Pittsburgh but always thought it was a copy.

There was just a thread here a couple days ago from a guy who confirmed he bought the Pittsburgh poster at the show just before they were pulled.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I know first hand it wasn't there for sale... no matter what someone else has "confirmed".

I believe the person who "confirmed" it, was the same person selling it.
    on2legs said:

There was just a thread here a couple days ago from a guy who confirmed he bought the Pittsburgh poster at the show just before they were pulled.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Double post

• Options
    edited May 2014

I know first hand it wasn't there for sale... no matter what someone else has "confirmed".

I believe the person who "confirmed" it, was the same person selling it.

Well... It stands to reason that a guy who bought it at the show would also likely be the guy selling it.

But it's not my intent to decide who is right... Just posting that someone else has different information.

• Options
    I thinks it's legit plus now he is selling a Benny on epay