take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I don't know, but grits remind me of My Cousin Vinny.

"Were these magic grits?"
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    nasty.

:lol:

the woman loves em. i tried em...bleck....it's southern cooking....try em while you are in NC.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Definition: Grits are a traditional American dish made from ground dried hominy (a form of specially processed corn) which is simmered until it becomes soft and creamy.

When cooked, the grits expand and absorb the cooking liquid, taking on a somewhat gelatinized consistency. Different grinds of grits are available, ranging from coarse to medium to fine.

Grits don't have much flavor on their own, but will take on the flavor of the cooking liquid. Grits are also typically flavored with salt, butter and cheese.

A good rule of thumb when cooking grits is that they will absorb about four times their volume in liquid. Therefore, to prepare one cup of grits, you'd use four cups of water or stock, simmering for twenty to twenty-five minutes until the liquid is fully absorbed. Instant grits are also available, which cook in just a few minutes.

Grits are a popular breakfast recipe in the American South, where they're served instead of potatoes. But grits are also commonly prepared for all meals, with shrimp and grits being a particularly popular recipe
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:
    nasty.

the woman loves em. i tried em...bleck....it's southern cooking....try em while you are in NC.

:lol: yeah im just sussing out asheville and came across them on a menu. are they made from some kind of animal body part ... if they are we can shut this thread down NOW!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Definition: Grits are a traditional American dish made from ground dried hominy (a form of specially processed corn) which is simmered until it becomes soft and creamy.

When cooked, the grits expand and absorb the cooking liquid, taking on a somewhat gelatinized consistency. Different grinds of grits are available, ranging from coarse to medium to fine.

Grits don't have much flavor on their own, but will take on the flavor of the cooking liquid. Grits are also typically flavored with salt, butter and cheese.

A good rule of thumb when cooking grits is that they will absorb about four times their volume in liquid. Therefore, to prepare one cup of grits, you'd use four cups of water or stock, simmering for twenty to twenty-five minutes until the liquid is fully absorbed. Instant grits are also available, which cook in just a few minutes.

Grits are a popular breakfast recipe in the American South, where they're served instead of potatoes. But grits are also commonly prepared for all meals, with shrimp and grits being a particularly popular recipe

hmmm :think: thanx.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    000283711.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    000283711.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: NICE!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    nasty.

:lol: yeah im just sussing out asheville and came across them on a menu. are they made from some kind of animal body part ... if they are we can shut this thread down NOW!

love me some ashville. the have a beer engine at the some irish place. if you have never had beer served from a beer engine, i highly recommend trying.....i'll dig up a link if you want.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Hey 81, can I get a pity post?
  • Options
    http://greenmanbrewery.com/

food was ok....for bar fare....beer was awesome from the engine.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

gotta log off. sorry...no time. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

gotta log off. sorry...no time. :P

Lol
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I love grits!

Shrimp and grits...can't beat it!

Mmmm....cheesy grits! Mmmmmmm!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nasty.

love me some ashville. the have a beer engine at the some irish place. if you have never had beer served from a beer engine, i highly recommend trying.....i'll dig up a link if you want.

i dont drink beer.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Cream of wheat > Grits
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302
    .. what the hell are they?

hi cate.

try one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_search_engine

let me know how you make out.

are there any more paper plates?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i dont drink beer.

my condolances :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    mca47 wrote:
    I love grits!

If you put enough stuff in them (cheese, butter, sausage, bacon), grits are actually pretty good.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I love grits!

(cheese, butter, sausage, bacon)
    That sounds amazing
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I love grits!

If you put enough stuff in them (cheese, butter, sausage, bacon), grits are actually pretty good.

:lol: yeah its starting to sound that way.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    81 wrote:

i dont drink beer.

my condolances :fp:

its ok i compensate with copious amounts of whiskey and red wine. 8-)
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
  • Options
    thanx everyone. the more i read the more i dont wanna know... least theyre not animal parts.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    thanx everyone. the more i read the more i dont wanna know... least theyre not animal parts.

hi
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

hi

:wave:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Fucking nasty... my dad loves the shit.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    edited February 2013

i dont drink beer.

I'd shed a tear, but I had my tear ducts have been surgically removed
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I ate grits a lot when I was growing up. Not bad but not my favorite food. :|
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Cream of wheat > Grits
    Umm not really.

I used to think the same until I moved to Atlanta. And my old man marrying a woman from Charleston changed my opinion on grits. Love them now, especially with shrimp and cheese.

I just hate to cook em
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    MMMM I looove grits. There was this little hole-in-the-wall diner I went to in DC once...seriously had the most amazing grits I've ever had. It was right across the street from Ford's Theatre...doesn't look like much from the outside (or the inside either for that matter) but the food is to die for!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2