Options

GRITS...

2»

Comments

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    MMMM I looove grits. There was this little hole-in-the-wall diner I went to in DC once...seriously had the most amazing grits I've ever had. It was right across the street from Ford's Theatre...doesn't look like much from the outside (or the inside either for that matter) but the food is to die for!

dang, thats hot
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    MMMM I looove grits. There was this little hole-in-the-wall diner I went to in DC once...seriously had the most amazing grits I've ever had. It was right across the street from Ford's Theatre...doesn't look like much from the outside (or the inside either for that matter) but the food is to die for!

dang, thats hot

Hahaha Rick I'm gonna nickname you the horniest man on the east coast :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    went to this place on a trip to Charleston, and they do amazing grits there:

hominy.jpg
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    grits are the shit if done properly
    and good for you (boo coo iron)
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

hominy.jpg

such an awesome city to visit. i want to go back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

hominy.jpg

so
    were pearl jam to grace the south this fall
    we'll be seeing you
    for grits and jam
    :mrgreen:
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mysticweed wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

hominy.jpg

so
    were pearl jam to grace the south this fall
    we'll be seeing you
    for grits and jam
    :mrgreen:

i don't care for grits. :lol:
    i wouldn't mind going back to charleston tho for a christmas vacation :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I love me some grits.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    love shrimp n grits. had em in nashville once and maybe ill get em again when i go back this summer
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't eat them but everyone around me all my life just loves them
    so I guess they must be good. They don't look good to me. Now scattered,
    smothered and covered hash browns they look good to me.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you know what.. i can always just try them and if i dont like them order soemthing else. i doubt theyll kill me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    you know what.. i can always just try them and if i dont like them order soemthing else. i doubt theyll kill me.

I don't know anybody who thinks they're disgusting or anything, mainly just bland. I rarely eat them as they come (though if the place makes good grits I will), I'll put some hot sauce on it, or if I'm in the mood for something sweeter some maple syrup and butter. Or some places will make it with breakfast sausage in it and stuff like that. I've seen places on Food Network making them with crab meat, lobster, or whatever the hell else you can put in it. They're not really anything to get excited about, or to be repulsed by. Unless you just hate corn.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options

I don't know anybody who thinks they're disgusting or anything, mainly just bland. I rarely eat them as they come (though if the place makes good grits I will), I'll put some hot sauce on it, or if I'm in the mood for something sweeter some maple syrup and butter. Or some places will make it with breakfast sausage in it and stuff like that. I've seen places on Food Network making them with crab meat, lobster, or whatever the hell else you can put in it. They're not really anything to get excited about, or to be repulsed by. Unless you just hate corn.

well i dont hate corn but i do question its usefullness at times. i prefer my corn in tortilla form. and i do not like bland. but ill be in the south so i should at least give them a taste... and keep the maple syrup handy just in case. ;):mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Grits are a conduit for something else..

And Charleston is amazing.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

im notgoing to charleston this trip... but it is on my list.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

You've seen more of America than most Americans, so you keep doing what ya doing..
    We await the travel book
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

You've seen more of America than most Americans, so you keep doing what ya doing..
    We await the travel book

you might be waiting a while. im travelling through utah again this time. i cant wait.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I've been to Asheville twice. It's a great town.

You must go to this restaurant. I've been there once and am looking forward to going back.

http://sunnypointcafe.com/

Allow extra time as there is typically a wait for a table. I had the fish tacos and a side of chipotle cheese grits. Everything was superb.

Go to Harvest Records. It's a really good shop.

I've seen shows at the Orange Peel which gets many good acts.

http://theorangepeel.net

Enjoy your trip!
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    I've been to Asheville twice. It's a great town.

You must go to this restaurant. I've been there once and am looking forward to going back.

http://sunnypointcafe.com/

Allow extra time as there is typically a wait for a table. I had the fish tacos and a side of chipotle cheese grits. Everything was superb.

Go to Harvest Records. It's a really good shop.

Enjoy your trip!

thanx. ill note them in my diary. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:

Enjoy your trip!

looks like if i figure shit out i could see son volt. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

well i dont hate corn but i do question its usefullness at times. i prefer my corn in tortilla form. and i do not like bland. but ill be in the south so i should at least give them a taste... and keep the maple syrup handy just in case. ;):mrgreen:

A little butter, a little salt, and a good bit of black pepper is all you need to make your grits awesome and authentic.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    A little butter, a little salt, and a good bit of black pepper is all you need to make your grits awesome and authentic.

the problem i have with doing that is i dont add salt to my food and i dont eat butter.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    What makes grits good are bacon grease, Cheddar cheese, and shrimps.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    .. what the hell are they?

they are grotesque.

i'd imagine that the gruel children were fed in dickens novels was actually grits...

and those that starved... were the lucky ones :P
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    going to nashville this week on a work trip...cant wait to have me some shrimp n grits!
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    going to nashville this week on a work trip...cant wait to have me some shrimp n grits!

I really like nashville.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say