To The 10clubber

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited December 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
who was scalping tickets at the EV Phoenix show. I know who you are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    :corn:
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Got your picture too. Can I get some advice from the 10c on what should be done?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    if the person has a lower fanclub number than 139XXX then please report them lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    DS1119 wrote:
    who was scalping tickets at the EV Phoenix show. I know who you are.
    ph34r.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    if the person has a lower fanclub number than 139XXX then please report them lol.

:lol:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    nobody likes a snitch DS.. I understand, but i'm just sayin.. snitches get dealt with..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    nobody likes a snitch DS.. I understand, but i'm just sayin.. snitches get dealt with..

I take the ticket thing very seriously actually. I've turned down a lot of money for tickets before and I just feel it's wrong. Sorry but it's the way I feel.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

I take the ticket thing very seriously actually. I've turned down a lot of money for tickets before and I just feel it's wrong. Sorry but it's the way I feel.

I get it.. I share your belief
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Admin and I'm sure the BAND frowns on this type of behavior as well...

If you've got proof of sale and photographic evidence, you might consider asking Sea or Kat what oughtta be done.

That's just a shame... Waste of a membership...
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    What made it funny...but not really funny at the same time is he was wearing his Analog tshirt. He also had a name tag on with his shirt...must have been at some pre-party or something. I had an 10c extra ticket to get rid of and I saw him standing on the corner around the scalpers. I walked over to him and told him I had a fan club seat if he wants it? Before I could even tell him I was willing to give him the ticket just so it didn't go to waste he blurted out "I can give ten bucks for it". Then I noticed he had 4 or 5 other tickets in his hand. I walked away, grabbed a beer, came back said something to him and took his picture. Then the guy followed me as I went into the venue. I sat at a table near the front of the entrance and this guy called someone inside the venue who sat down at the table with me and took my picture. It was really weird. :lol:
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    DS1119 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Agree with you DS. MSG show '10, guy was standing next to a kiosk with the seating chart. Everyone was going from the booth to pick up their tickets over to the kiosk seeing what they got. I walked over, I'm sure I had a nice smile on my face as I showed my buddy where we were. Scalper says, "I'll give you $3,500 for them". Dude looked confused when I laughed at him :lol:

I don't need your money, I need the shows. And seeing as we are going on 3 years since and I've only seen the band once (at a festival), I made the right choice.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    DS1119 wrote:
    What made it funny...but not really funny at the same time is he was wearing his Analog tshirt. He also had a name tag on with his shirt...must have been at some pre-party or something. I had an 10c extra ticket to get rid of and I saw him standing on the corner around the scalpers. I walked over to him and told him I had a fan club seat if he wants it? Before I could even tell him I was willing to give him the ticket just so it didn't go to waste he blurted out "I can give ten bucks for it". Then I noticed he had 4 or 5 other tickets in his hand. I walked away, grabbed a beer, came back said something to him and took his picture. Then the guy followed me as I went into the venue. I sat at a table near the front of the entrance and this guy called someone inside the venue who sat down at the table with me and took my picture. It was really weird. :lol:

:lol::lol:
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    DS1119 wrote:

+1
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    DS1119 wrote:
    WTF.... this sounds like Miami Vice or some shit. Hilarious.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    DS1119 wrote:

It was kind of funny but really weird at the same time. Essentially I was trying to just give away a ticket. Oh well. At least I had plenty of room at the show with the empty seat next to me. :lol:
    hey ds,

i had a run in with a scalper on night 2 at msg 2010. he overheard i had 15th row floor and offered me $1800; i laughed and walked away. maybe he upped the offer for your tickets!

mike
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It was kind of funny but really weird at the same time. Essentially I was trying to just give away a ticket. Oh well. At least I had plenty of room at the show with the empty seat next to me. :lol:

A bright and cheery fella like you couldn't find a friend to take?? ;)

( I know, it was in AZ, not local for you!)
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Was he selling for more than face? You mean you know who he is or you have only a picture? Thats a tough one

I doubt the nyc scalper was serious about his $1800 offer, may have paid you with phony bills
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

A bright and cheery fella like you couldn't find a friend to take?? ;)

( I know, it was in AZ, not local for you!)

I am bright and cheery damn it.
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    hey ds,

i had a run in with a scalper on night 2 at msg 2010. he overheard i had 15th row floor and offered me $1800; i laughed and walked away. maybe he upped the offer for your tickets!

mike

I was at that one and yes I was approached by two different people. I believe I was offered around that much as well and the second person I ignored once I realized what was going on. They were like vultures that night. As soon as anyone walked to the seating charts they would peer over people's shoulders to see the seat locations. :fp:
    Sorry thought I read 1800 for a single....
    Op... See my question above....
    no $1800 for the pair. my friend was like...daaamn that's a lot of money! i said yeah but we're on the floor. the show definitely didn't disappoint.
    i forget what a scalper offered me for night 4 at the spectrum. same type of seats plus or minus one or two rows.
    edited December 2012
    I went the night before with a friend then went back for night 2 with the wife..i didn't have tickets so I had no choice but to wait in that long line to the right of the building, not sure what it's referred to but I was assured at least 50 pairs would be re released. I realized early that tickets would be really tough. Stood in line from 4pm until start of show tired, thirsty, hungry. We ended up getting 2. For me half the fun is getting tickets. I remember the first 10 or 15 people in line were hired by scalpers, obviously not pj fans. Plus the security overseeing the process were on the take. still cant believe i waited in line for 4.5 hours.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Come on, they couldn't have been Ten Club tickets he was scalping... Everyone knows the ten club EV tix were shitty and you could never get higher than face value for them. :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    JC29856 wrote:
    Was he selling for more than face? You mean you know who he is or you have only a picture? Thats a tough one

I doubt the nyc scalper was serious about his $1800 offer, may have paid you with phony bills

I can't honestly say what he was attempting to sell them for. I didn't ask. However since he had a handful of them and offered me ten bucks for mine I have to assume he was attempting to sell them for profit.
  • StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    DS1119 wrote:
    Got your picture too. Can I get some advice from the 10c on what should be done?

I've got some friendly advice, mind your own business. You don't know what circumstances this individual is dealing with in his life. Maybe he lost his job and needs to pay the rent/mortgage, maybe he has a sick child and needs to pay some medical bills, or perhaps he just wants to get a little extra money for Christmas.

They're his tickets and I don't give a shit what he does with them, doesn't concern me at all. There are a lot of "holier than thou" people on this forum lately!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    StevieG wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I've got some friendly advice, mind your own business. You don't know what circumstances this individual is dealing with in his life. Maybe he lost his job and needs to pay the rent/mortgage, maybe he has a sick child and needs to pay some medical bills, or perhaps he just wants to get a little extra money for Christmas.

They're his tickets and I don't give a shit what he does with them, doesn't concern me at all. There are a lot of "holier than thou" people on this forum lately!!

When someone is offering me ten bucks for a ticket worth 80 bucks face value so he can resell it and he's brash enough to be wearing his 10c shirt while doing it...sorry I won't mind my own business. Also, I have to say, your post is coming across as quite "holier than though" to be honest.
    StevieG wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

sg...i hear you, usually that is my first response, but there's is nothing wrong with self policing. if a perpetrator is doing something "clearly" wrong (which Im not sure he was) then out him. should serve as a deterrent.

just fyi - the american medical association should self police given that 57% of the medical malpractice suits are against repeat offenders
    JC29856 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

sg...i hear you, usually that is my first response, but there's is nothing wrong with self policing. if a perpetrator is doing something "clearly" wrong (which Im not sure he was) then out him. should serve as a deterrent.

just fyi - the american medical association should self police given that 57% of the medical malpractice suits are against repeat offenders

And since I'm not sure is the reason why I'm waiting to hear from the 10c on how to proceed. Maybe he's been reported before and this could help. Who knows? I just hate seeing tickets get abused. It's such a privilege and I would never want to see that taken away.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:

I can't honestly say what he was attempting to sell them for. I didn't ask. However since he had a handful of them and offered me ten bucks for mine I have to assume he was attempting to sell them for profit.
    I would've waited around with him until someone asked for a single, and then given that person your single for nothing, screwing the dude over.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V