Options

no code album screw up?? help

juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
edited December 2013 in Lost Dogs
my copy of no code has side 2 on both sides the actual vinyl sticker, was this normal??? has anyone heard of this before?? any help is appreciated!
Cant buy what i want cause its free....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    another question i have is how do u know what letter code it is?
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    edited March 2012
    Remember when an error on a baseball card was a good thing? Wonder if the same is true for wax...Checkin mine in a second judd..
    Post edited by Released1980 on
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Mine has Side one and Side two.
    Does it play properly?

I purchased a sealed album once where both albums
    inside the set were the same.
    If it works go with it that's a variant!!
    Not much help sorry....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    juddboz80 wrote:
    my copy of no code has side 2 on both sides the actual vinyl sticker, was this normal??? has anyone heard of this before?? any help is appreciated!

Let me go check my copy...

Oh wait, I don't have No Code on vinyl yet. :cry:
  • Options
    im listening to it now for the first time, it sounds great....it must be a variant!!!!
  • Options
    DM43807DM43807 Posts: 74
    Variant is the new word for Fuck Up
  • Options
    DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    my copy of Ukele Songs is like that. Anyone want a "variant" ukele songs for a Benny?
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Remember when an error on a baseball card was a good thing? Wonder if the same is true for wax...

Sadly, the value isn't necessarily driven up because of the misprint. But you may be able to find someone willing to pay a premium for your copy, just because of the variance.

I did some looking into it years ago. From what I was told, "misprints" are fairly common. With all the vinyl collectors here, though, you'd think we'd here of these things more than two or three times a year.

I have a copy of "Rumours" on which Side B is from a completely different artist/album. I have yet to find a taker! :lol:
  • Options
    not looking to get rich on this at all, prob wont leave my side unless i get a crazy offer i cant refuse....but thats not why i started this thread, i just wondered if anyone else has seen this!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    The code is on the back of the cards.

C O D E is the last letter after the series of numbers
  • Options
    thanks paul, sweet.....glad i opened ths up finally and found this info out!! thanks everyone, if anyone knows more let me know!
  • Options
    Does anyone know where I could find out about this album??? I've checked a few websites and found nothing!
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    It will be worth more since it had the same number on the front and back......flawes on records are worth something
    juddboz80 wrote:
    my copy of no code has side 2 on both sides the actual vinyl sticker, was this normIal??? has anyone heard of this before?? any help is appreciated!
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

Let me go check my copy...

Oh wait, I don't have No Code on vinyl yet. :cry:

Same here Jason, same here.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    JP33 wrote:
    It will be worth more since it had the same number on the front and back......flawes on records are worth something
    juddboz80 wrote:
    my copy of no code has side 2 on both sides the actual vinyl sticker, was this normIal??? has anyone heard of this before?? any help is appreciated!
    I'm sure it is worth more....prob is its priceless to me! That is an amazing album musically and the art is awesome!! I can't get enough of it....and I've listened to it for 16 years....crazy! But I can't find anything out about this screw up from anywhere....I've emailed the ten club and Sony music and heard nothing!
  • Options
    I forgot all about this until I got an email back yesterday since sending it over a year ago.....still have no info on this tho!