Options

Hello and Thank You....

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What word? I say fuck every second word so it's obviously not that. Must be the "c" word?

Glad you're back though!

EDIT: Just read back....looks like it was indeed the "c" word. tsk tsk tsk
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What word? I say fuck every second word so it's obviously not that. Must be the "c" word?

Glad you're back though!

Creed?

:mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Glad you're back though!

its selective censorship at its best. and it goes completely against the grain of the band that this board represents.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Poncier wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Glad you're back though!

Creed?

:mrgreen:

good lord, will miss u.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Glad you're back though!

its selective censorship at its best. and it goes completely against the grain of the band that this board represents.
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited August 2010
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Glad you're back though!

fight the man (or woman) :lol:

in a non suck up fashion

imo, this is one of the better run boards on the internet. the mods/admins are generally laid back. i barely notice them, unlike some forums where they are up in your face day in and day out. this board also generally has good people top to bottom.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Glad you're back though!

fight the man (or woman) :lol:

nah, i ain't fighting anyone. just would be nice to have some more clarification...i love kat.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Here you go.

We don't have a problem with most swear words but some people take it too far and make very graphic posts and topics... and name-calling is never ok. It pisses people off and arguments are never ok at a party...which is what we have going on.

As for being an all-ages forum, which we are, the band has kids, the staff have kids, other 10c members have kids...and they should all be able to visit without the eye assault of over-the-line posts...since we have clearly stated in the Posting Guidelines that we're an all ages forum. Can you explain to me how we can make that more clear for our members?

Sheldon would say that the word "clear" doesn't have degrees of clarification...so my asking was only rhetorical. It's either clear or it isn't clear. It should be clear.

This forum is for things like movies, books, sports, etc...as it says in the description. There are forums all over the internet for things that are not ok here. Please go there to enjoy that aspect of your posting. It's fine to do that. Or...someone can start a forum of their own and talk about whatever they like.

Please see the Posting Guidelines for what's ok here and what isn't. And that sticky up at the top of the page is not expired.

Thank you...have a great one, all.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    if you wouldn't want your mother father or kids to read it or hear it , don't post it. good general rule guys. not sure why it is a difficult concept.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    but but but...bad words are rock and roll

:D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    if you wouldn't want your mother father or kids to read it or hear it , don't post it. good general rule guys. not sure why it is a difficult concept.

parents are both passed and no kids......

sweet, i can post anything :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pjhawks wrote:
    my parents are bigger hellions than i am.
    this idea of yours does not apply to me.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

parents are both passed and no kids......

sweet, i can post anything :mrgreen:
    Sweet indeed,no kids and parents dont speak,English,Greekglish,e.t.c :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Here you go.

We don't have a problem with most swear words but some people take it too far and make very graphic posts... and name-calling is never ok. It pisses people off and arguments are never ok at a party...which is what we have going on.

As for being an all-ages forum, which we are, the band has kids, the staff have kids, other 10c members have kids...and they should all be able to visit without the eye assault of over-the-line posts...since we have clearly stated in the Posting Guidelines that we're an all ages forum. Can you explain to me how we can make that more clear for our members?

Sheldon would say that the word "clear" doesn't have degrees of clarification...so my asking was only rhetorical. It's either clear or it isn't clear. It should be clear.

This forum is for things like movies, books, sports, etc...as it says in the description. There are forums all over the internet for things that are not ok here. Please go there to enjoy that aspect of your posting. It's fine to do that. Or...someone can start a forum of their own and talk about whatever they like.

Please see the Posting Guidelines for what's ok here and what isn't. And that sticky up at the top of the page is not expired.

Thank you...have a great one, all.

thanks for replying....regarding the post i got banned for: i was not in an argument with anyone nor was insulting anyone. someone said there are certain words you cannot say. i thought he was joking. so in my post i asked, in a joking fashion, which words are not allowed and i listed two words that started with "c". in my opinion the two words i used are not nearly as bad as some of the other words i see in here all the time so i didn't think there was an issue.

regarding the all ages thing...you need to pay to post here now. so don't you need a credit card to pay? and you need to be 18 to have a credit card...i guess people could mail a check. but still...

but either way--thanks for replying kat. i just think the posting guidelines could be a little less vague. i'll try to keep it clean and classy though!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    my parents are bigger hellions than i am.
    this idea of yours does not apply to me.
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    I for one would never use such language...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Welcome back Jeagler...missed you! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    . i'll try to keep it clean and classy though!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGCIZi1 ... re=related
  • Options
    These forums are open to the public for reading; anyone can read here. The various search engines (Bots visiting listed on the front page) scan and list the posts in their search engines. It is Very public. This is the reason we suggest making posts you can be proud of. What if your boss searched for your posts? We have people all the time asking for their posts to be removed because of their employer. If you're posting from work...they can see it. Anyone can see it here.

Yep...class it up...that would go far for a lot of reasons. The biggest reason is that kids read here.

And then have fun at the party...as if you were in a room full of people, some of them strangers. Use PMs for your more private messages to each other.

And thanks again. Be careful to not ban yourselves...because it's in your hands, your choice.
  • Options
    rule number 1, never discuss work on a forum, or facebook or any online public venue.

rule number 2, never use your real name
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rule number 1, never discuss work on a forum, or facebook or any online public venue.

gnomes.png
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    These forums are open to the public for reading; anyone can read here. The various search engines (Bots visiting listed on the front page) scan and list the posts in their search engines. It is Very public. This is the reason we suggest making posts you can be proud of. What if your boss searched for your posts? We have people all the time asking for their posts to be removed because of their employer. If you're posting from work...they can see it. Anyone can see it here.

Yep...class it up...that would go far for a lot of reasons.

And then have fun at the party...as if you were in a room full of people, some of them strangers. Use PMs for your more private messages to each other.

And thanks again. Be careful to not ban yourselves...because it's in your hands, your choice.

you should see the stupid stuff (good "s" word!) my boss posts on facebook. but point taken. thanks.

if this is a party, do you want to get us started with the first keg stand kat?! :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    if a boss of mine spied on my online actions and got in my my shit for what i say here or anywhere,
    i'd be hard pressed to work for him/her anymore.
    this world's people are turning into a bunch of candy ass little pricks who should be slapped stupid.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    81 wrote:

gnomes.png

Why is that photo on the site of the Florida Progressive Coalition, LLC....?
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    81 wrote:

gnomes.png

What better place for it?
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Answering a question with a question?
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    if a boss of mine spied on my online actions and got in my my shit for what i say here or anywhere,
    this world's people are turning into a bunch of candy ass little pricks who should be slapped stupid.

the muffification of america marchs on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Answering a question with a question?
    Is that what I did?
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

huh...looks like it's on a personal website
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

the muffification of america marchs on.
    i've always had badass jobs.
    rather the job killed me or i the job.
    no boss of mine would ever give a shit about me posting my thoughts online.

truck drivers, construction workers, bouncers, and pot dealers don't generally give a crap about what i do.
    however, the pearl jam message board does.
    i like the pearl jam message board the best and i am not even getting paid to be here.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce