Options

Hello and Thank You....

13»

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281
    81 wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Why is that photo on the site of the Florida Progressive Coalition, LLC....?

huh...looks like it's on a personal website
    No, Kat's right the link is to the Florida Progressive Coalition's site.
    I just google searched the image and thats the first one that came up.

Apparently its from someone's blog, here's the link to the original posting:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1

Florida conservatives and underpants gnomes are indeed strange bedfellows.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Poncier wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Why is that photo on the site of the Florida Progressive Coalition, LLC....?

huh...looks like it's on a personal website
    No, Kat's right the link is to the Florida Progressive Coalition's site.
    I just google searched the image and thats the first one that came up.

Apparently its from someone's blog, here's the link to the original posting:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1

Florida conservatives and underpants gnomes are indeed strange bedfellows.

i'm missing something because i come up with http://quinnell.us/sspb/wiki/images/gnomes.png as the direct link to the image and every thing is hosted on the quinnell.us site.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281
    I think this Quinnell guy is the Florida Progressive Coalition, LLC.

(Boy we've gotten off track)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Poncier wrote:
    I think this Quinnell guy is the Florida Progressive Coalition, LLC.

(Boy we've gotten off track)

one member party. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,245
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    if you wouldn't want your mother father or kids to read it or hear it , don't post it. good general rule guys. not sure why it is a difficult concept.

parents are both passed and no kids......

sweet, i can post anything :mrgreen:

81 and Chadwick - man you guys... does everything have to be so literal? if you don't have the common decency to know what should and shouldn't be posted then i don't know if there is help for you other than being totally banned - again not this difficult people (bangs head against wall in frurstration)
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    if you wouldn't want your mother father or kids to read it or hear it , don't post it. good general rule guys. not sure why it is a difficult concept.

81 and Chadwick - man you guys... does everything have to be so literal? if you don't have the common decency to know what should and shouldn't be posted then i don't know if there is help for you other than being totally banned - again not this difficult people (bangs head against wall in frurstration)

Come again. I'm not following you. It's like your writing in Sanskrit or something...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

find one single post of mine that holds grounds for my banning.
    you can't do it.
    perhaps you are cranky today or not quite awake yet?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,818
    eyedclaar wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Come again. I'm not following you. It's like your writing in Sanskrit or something...

Sanskrit. You're majoring in a 5,000 year old dead language.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    you can't do it.

yes i am cranky, late night last night. I am not saying you shoud be banned but you did make a snide remark regarding my post about how to figure out what can be posted so i was responding to that. Again my point is if someone doesn't have the commons sense to know what constitutes decency vs. indecency on a message board then the only real solution is banning in my opinion. it really isn't that difficult to understand.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I try to avoid posting when I'm cranky.

Of course, as I'm cranky most of the time it can be difficult to refrain.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

you??????? nah
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

you??????? nah

SMOOCH
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

same here
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Sanskrit. You're majoring in a 5,000 year old dead language.

muffification
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    pjhawks wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    you can't do it.

yes i am cranky, late night last night. I am not saying you shoud be banned but you did make a snide remark regarding my post about how to figure out what can be posted so i was responding to that. Again my point is if someone doesn't have the commons sense to know what constitutes decency vs. indecency on a message board then the only real solution is banning in my opinion. it really isn't that difficult to understand.

leave your high horse in the eagles thread.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pjhawks wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    you can't do it.

leave your high horse in the eagles thread.
    mine or pjhawks?
    btw, eagles thread?
    as in talons and badass nests and feathers we aren't suppose to possess?
    the band, as in shit music and pretentious old dudes, the eagles thread?
    eagles thread... as in professional football?
    no worries the jeagler, i'd never enter a football thread unless to make fun of ppl :evil:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    pjhawks wrote:

My rule of thumb is if ed uses it onstage it's ok!!(not sure if this is the best yardstick mind!)

The c word is generally seen as off limits to most decent conversations, at least in England - it has a long history of degradation.

Geek note: Sting uses this word once on record, but he is pretty agitated, and referring to an obnoxious group of racist thugs.

Although there has been some relaxation of the taboo against using words such as f in conversation and print, the use of c is still not considered acceptable by most people outside very limited social contexts. Though originally a racily descriptive word in Middle English, it has been taboo for many centuries and continues to be so (!)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

My rule of thumb is if ed uses it onstage it's ok!!(not sure if this is the best yardstick mind!)

The c word is generally seen as off limits to most decent conversations, at least in England - it has a long history of degradation.

Geek note: Sting uses this word once on record, but he is pretty agitated, and referring to an obnoxious group of racist thugs.

Although there has been some relaxation of the taboo against using words such as f in conversation and print, the use of c is still not considered acceptable by most people outside very limited social contexts. Though originally a racily descriptive word in Middle English, it has been taboo for many centuries and continues to be so (!)

It's a word, the only word, that makes me cringe. And I think anyone who's read my posts would agree that I have a very high tolerance for foul language.
  • Options
    The 'c' word has grown on me since visiting England.

I feel a little silly having to call it the 'c' word. I did a search and it seems to get used fully spelled out on here a lot. I'm pretty sure that not all of the people who made those posts were banned for it. Maybe the context makes all of the difference.

What if we're talking about that fantastic bit in In Bruges?

I think we can discuss the following as it relates to the films, but we are NOT to say any of it to eachother. :think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEYXWmEse8
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    This is strange. Where I grew up, the "c" word was a complimentary term used for a good looking woman, kind of like being "built like a brick shi..... I mean, ca ca house".

Me and my two friends were members of a very small club called "The Three Cs". It was pronounced "seize" as opposed to beginning with C and rhyming with oranges.

Hi Mom!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    g under p wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Nice. Can't have football season with The Jeagler!!

Yeah him and those stinky EAGLES....Go PATRIOTS

Peace

Can't stand the Eagles but that guy does his homework, no question.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Nice. Can't have football season with The Jeagler!!

Yeah him and those stinky EAGLES....Go PATRIOTS

Peace

Can't stand the Eagles but that guy does his homework, no question.

the regular season cannot get here soon enough. gonna be a fun year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kat said:

Here you go.

We don't have a problem with most swear words but some people take it too far and make very graphic posts and topics... and name-calling is never ok. It pisses people off and arguments are never ok at a party...which is what we have going on.

Thank you...have a great one, all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxnxH-7Xk7U
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    I rarely curse. Censorship of words should not exist. If my kids hear or see a word and ask me about it, I give a definition and explanation about why they probably shouldn't use it (according to me). Yet, it would get old seeing these words over and over again here.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I curse on a regular basis, Mal. I use discretion but goddamn is it nice to let loose.

Kind of wish people would just let 'er rip verbally or in writing; stand by it - no inserting fucking symbols or anything else that censors yourself.

And words, well...I take them in context, in intent.

(hi, Juggler)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    you made me think of this song. Can a song get you banned.
    https://youtu.be/GoFhiKaq9UQ?t=45
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.