Options

A Gift From Us For Pj Next Christmas

2»

Comments

• Options
    we could send them a picture book for christmas......and make sure it arrives on the 4th of july.....

or we could charge each band member $200 for it.....

hehehehehehehe..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I think this is a wonderful idea! I LOOOVE photos! I would love to help with this project... :)
    And now my biggest challenge - a thing called LOVE
    Well i guess i'm not as tough as i thought i was -

Who wants to fight temptation?....That's no fun...
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    I'm in! I think somebody from the US and A should take the initiative...now..
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I think many people coming together to show love for the band is great! That's why I thought of the zine Trading Stories with the Leaves. You can find the two issues on the right hand side of http://giventorun.blogspot.com. The third one will be out early next year, and will devote space in memory of hippiemom. I wrap each issue in pretty paper and bows and send it to Pearl Jam as a gift. I see it as a gift from all of the contributors.

Why I write this is because it is DAMN DIFFICULT to get people to submit stuff. However, not impossible! I suggest you work with a few people. It's a great idea.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    mY present was the insane prices I paid for Tom Petty shows in Milwaukee, and the 200+ clams for the Ames book.

Merry chankwanzamdanamas
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    mY present was the insane prices I paid for Tom Petty shows in Milwaukee, and the 200+ clams for the Ames book.

Merry chankwanzamdanamas
    my gift to them???

i actually bought the last 2 albums.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    my gift to them???

i actually bought the last 2 albums.....
    Hey...the latest one was worth the money.

Riot Act on the other hand..........
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    sgossard3 wrote:
    maybe choose a nice band portrait and blow it up to like 4' tall by however long... and limit it to like 3 tones in photoshop and pixelate it... and then have everyone send in a picture that would be like 2" x 2" and a pretty solid light, medium, or dark tone... i dont think it would be too hard... im at school so we have these industrial art printers that can print up to like 30" wide... so we could just do everything right on the computer and print it out and ship it on like 5 or 6 seperate sheets that could be connected when they get it...

i could see them appreciating something like that and maybe hanging it up in 10C headquarters or something...
    yah, we could have like a sheet from each continent or something...

i'm decent w. photoshop i'm sure i could figure one of them out. we have a pretty nice printer at my school too, only i'm not going bck there for another 6 monthes or so...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    yah, we could have like a sheet from each continent or something...

i'm decent w. photoshop i'm sure i could figure one of them out. we have a pretty nice printer at my school too, only i'm not going bck there for another 6 monthes or so...
    well if we can just divide the work amongst those that are good with photoshop... and then they can email the file to me and ill print it out... should work i would think...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I'm in. I think this is a great idea.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    How about some new pants? Guys love getting pants for Christmas.

Oh God, that's got me thinking about all kinds of things I shouldn't be thinking about now... heeheehee

Seriously, I'd be up for something. It wouldn't have to cost much, would it?
  • Options
    Seriously, I'd be up for something. It wouldn't have to cost much, would it?
    wouldnt cost much at all... if we divided the cost of printing and shipping between like 200+ people or whatever it ends up being it would probably be no more than $.25 a person... the only effort by the averager person would be to size a pic and email it to whoever is in charge...

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    wouldnt cost much at all... if we divided the cost of printing and shipping between like 200+ people or whatever it ends up being it would probably be no more than $.25 a person... the only effort by the averager person would be to size a pic and email it to whoever is in charge...

Okay!

...you don't like my pants idea then? You don't think Stone could use a new G String?
  • Options
    Okay!

...you don't like my pants idea then? You don't think Stone could use a new G String?
    id rather not encourage that.... :p

• Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Okay!

theres always time for new g-strings. you could just send Stone one yourself if you really want to though :D
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    theres always time for new g-strings. you could just send Stone one yourself if you really want to though :D

I've already sent him mine. I meant one for him! ;)
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Ok. So we have some people from Europe and Australia and North america. Who else will join us?

Ok... it can be with g-strings or pants, if are so determinated...:)
    Please, show some initiatives!
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    we can make the photos form a larger picture of like, i dno. something to do with peace or a message or something like that.
    hahah, 'fuck bush' would probably make ed happy.

as for the pants and stuff, you could go to a printed clothing store and get the photos in a pattern on some g strings and send them as stocking stuffers... haha
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I'm not sure if somebody already mentioned this, but we could of course take a world map, or make a scrapebook of countries, and put pictures of fans in there in the shape of that specific country. This is also manageable. I live for example in Holland and I could collect all the pictures in Holland, get it all together and send it to somebody who has an overview of the whole book. Everyone does its part so to speak. We only have to agree on the size of paper, what is not allowed or allowed on the pictures (for Gods sake no strings!) etc. Maybe it's time for the band to know how we look like heh? You could also divide up the states. NY with pictures. Florida with pictures etc.

I don't know. Just my two cents.

Tony
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    If nobody else wants to join us, taht's ok. Now, i will try to contact with people, who declare to helpme with this little project. I will send private messages to these persons below... I hope, U reply... Thanks anyway
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl