someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    beyond words
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    You need to realize that there are evil people in all walks of life in every country. To some Israeli solders, to a muslim terrorist, to a policeman, teachers, and all the way to some priests.

Evil people are everywhere, not just in the Israeli army.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    my2hands wrote:
    beyond words

Absolutely. The pictures are disturbing, to say the least.

But let's not forget that we have seen dozens of pictures of Muslims in similar aggressive positions, torturing, killing (or after killing) or intimidating others of the non-muslim faith.

It's easy to capture a still moment on film, then add commentary of the alleged accounts of what occured. We really don't know the facts relating to any of those pictures.

Propaganda is a two way street, everyone loves to drive.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    world wrote:
    You need to realize that there are evil people in all walks of life in every country. To some Israeli solders, to a muslim terrorist, to a policeman, teachers, and all the way to some priests.

Evil people are everywhere, not just in the Israeli army.

i never said otherwise
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    NMyTree wrote:
    Absolutely. The pictures are disturbing, to say the least.

But let's not forget that we have seen dozens of pictures of Muslims in similar aggressive positions, torturing, killing (or after killing) or intimidating others of the non-muslim faith.

It's easy to capture a still moment on film, then add commentary of the alleged accounts of what occured. We really don't know the facts relating to any of those pictures.

Propaganda is a two way street, everyone loves to drive.

I agree with this guy. Propaganda is a dangerous tool.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    It's a truly messed up situation...but I'd be willing to bet that this stuff...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1197051.stm

Had some impact...now which came first the chicken or the egg?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412

Seems to support what I was saying, yesterday. Thanks for the link Cincybearcat.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141

also interesting is that it doesnt list israel's responses and provocations. like you said, was it the chicken, the egg, or years of being under their boot heel?

obviously suicide bombings are wrong and i think groups like hezbollah prey on the poor living conditions and manipulate the feeling w/ that. but i think israel has it's fair share of blame, b/c if they weren't bulldozing palestinian homes to take land, ILLEGALLY, and if they weren't firing missiles into apartment complexes or setting of car bombs when a mosque lets out or firing into refugee camps just to kill 1 person, or if they didn't have all these checpoints and conditions that cause an overwhelming number of palesitian kids to live w/ sever malnutrition, if they didn't build a security fence on land that didn't belong to Israel...would there be such resentment to prey upon?

Israel makes no attempt to coexist, only bully. Maybe if Sharon hadn't marched into the 3rd holiest site in Islam w/ 1,000 armed men this current intifada would still have started...all i'm saying is israel helps provoke these actions. these ppl see their lives as being so horrible and then in comes the wolves of hezbollah saying things will never get better, show them your fury!

like w/ the us. don't give them a reason to hate you, if you only did good then you could honestly say 'look at what they're doing!' and get honest sympathy. but if i steal money from you and you hit me over it can i honestly cry about it? i knew what i did was wrong, and had i not done that wrong action more than likely i wouldn't have gotten hit, right?

and as i've said a million times it's sad that the average israeli and palesitinian have ot be dragged into this bullshit
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745

Actually a team of scientists have now collectively deduced and essentially proven that the egg came before the chicken. :D

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05/26/chicken.egg/

(Cliff Claven fact #25456)
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    El_Kabong wrote:

I actually saw that on TV a couple of times. It was pretty freaked out. They just grabbed the guy dragged him around behind the car and whacked him, then planted a gun on him then chased away the all reporters and cameras. They actually threatened the reporter with violence before they killed him. The reporter actually made it look like has wasn't filming and was walking away but he managed to capture it still. I saw the ground level video of it. There must have been a guy in a building with a camera as well apparently. It's definitely the same guy. Video of this exists.

Israelis also use smoke screens in the streets to hide their actions as well, It was stated that it was common practice so people can't see the killings.

Yeah that guy got murdered in cold blood no question about it.
  • Options
    darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    i think we (i mean the people in power) need to forget about "chicken and egg". both sides think it was the other that started it, but they both forget their actions are causing innocents to be murdered, because lets face it both the missile attackes by the terrorists and the bombardment by the israelies is murder.
    the us needs to tell israel to stop, russia and the arab league need to tell hezbulah (sp?) to stop. forget about blame and jsut stop the killing. once that is stoped real negotiations can start about releasing women and children from prisons and releasing the israeli soldiers.
    once that is done then all sides can get back to a 2 state solution and the demiliterization of hezbulah....

sounds so easy when you write it down doesnt it?