Options

super deluxe mothers day brag!

heidihiheidihi Posts: 114
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I just wanted to have a brag to somebody that might be impressed! It is Mother's day here... in Australia today and my wonderful family got me the super deluxe ten set. I initially did not buy it as I was not working and we really did not have the $$$$$ but now I am back working and suprise I got the set from my Pearl Jam hating husband!

The only thing I culd not believe was the price... He got it from JB HIfi and the retail was oz$$$ 470. I like it but that is a lot of money anyway I did not tell him that as it impressed the shit out of me that he actually went out and got it after telling me it was worthless??? He has even promised to sit through some of it without complaining!!!!

Oh well just my little brag.....
:D:D
“The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Happy Mother's Day!!

That's a great gift! :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    good for you!

sounds like a very happy Mother's Day.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    heidihi wrote:
    suprise I got the set from my Pearl Jam hating husband!

:shock: :evil:

Yay!! Happy Moms day!!

(ps...whats wrong w/ your husband? 8-) )
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    whats wrong w/ your husband? )

:lol: He is good besides the fact he has no taste in music. We agree on very few bands and both love music so it does cause a bit of friction!! Even when we like the same band it is rarely the same song!!

He loves NAshville Pussy ... he barely tolerates Pearl Jam and believe me he hears it all the time. Says they take themselves too seriously.... This is why the gift was such a suprise.
    :o
    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    heidihi wrote:
    I just wanted to have a brag to somebody that might be impressed! It is Mother's day here... in Australia today and my wonderful family got me the super deluxe ten set. I initially did not buy it as I was not working and we really did not have the $$$$$ but now I am back working and suprise I got the set from my Pearl Jam hating husband!

The only thing I culd not believe was the price... He got it from JB HIfi and the retail was oz$$$ 470. I like it but that is a lot of money anyway I did not tell him that as it impressed the shit out of me that he actually went out and got it after telling me it was worthless??? He has even promised to sit through some of it without complaining!!!!

:D thats an awesome gift! Happy M day!!!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    heidihi wrote:

It is $70 cheaper here in Melbourne JB stores.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,927
    Congrats and Happy Mother's Day! Awesome gift and I'm sure that you are worth it :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Thanks, this thread reminded me that tomorrow is mothers day and that I still haven't gotten a present for my mom.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    why anybody would pay the aussie retail price is beyond me when they can get it from Amazon like i dod for less than half the price.

Happy mothers day to you :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    why anybody would pay the aussie retail price is beyond me when they can get it from Amazon like i dod for less than half the price.
    I know but I think he wanted it to be a suprise?? I think he paid a bit much but it is hard to tell him that. So I just thanked him graciously. :D