Options

Time To Ban The England Flag

2»

Comments

• Options
    merlynmerlyn Posts: 179
    well if britain didn't let them in they'd be no probs. muslim faith is a bunch of shit. half these dicks over here kill people does it say for them to do that no. so they are liars and satans work they'll get there comeupance hopefully britain will grow some balls especially blair n the rest of those government cocks n send them all back. i've got muslim friends that are nice people but hey one goes they're all going they tried to fuck us n it crashed down on them then n will again.
    champagne for my real friends & i'm a real pain for my sham friends.. ;)
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Subscribe to the sun, do you?

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Lol, yeh I was silently laughing at the irony of that! But anyway - it can't do any harm getting rid of the English flag, can it? I mean nobody even knows when St. Georges day is over there... does anyone know who he was or what he did? Do they even know what the flag represents? Nah, it won't hurt anyone. Get rid of it - it's a bit dull anyway - I think they should come up with something more colourful :cool:

St George's day is the 23rd of April, my son was born on it in 2004.
    Plenty of people celebrate it including myself for whom it's now a double celebration(so I get twice as pissed:D), even though St Patricks day seems to be celebrated more by the english.:) Any excuse for a piss up I suppose:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    St George's day is the 23rd of April, my son was born on it in 2004.
    Plenty of people celebrate it including myself for whom it's now a double celebration(so I get twice as pissed:D), even though St Patricks day seems to be celebrated more by the english.:) Any excuse for a piss up I suppose:D
    Well yes, I know when it is - I was there for it this year by accident... and apart from all the pubs having the st georges flag all over them, there didn't seem to be any festivities to mark the occasion. The year I lived in London (2000) it came and went without a mention at all.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Well yes, I know when it is - I was there for it this year by accident... and apart from all the pubs having the st georges flag all over them, there didn't seem to be any festivities to mark the occasion. The year I lived in London (2000) it came and went without a mention at all.

Yeah I suppose around the country not that much happens for it, in the town I grew up in a lot of people go out and get pissed and celebrate the day, I suppose were more patriotic up north, plus London is a much more diverse and multi cultural society than smaller towns, so that may have been a factor.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Yeah I suppose around the country not that much happens for it, in the town I grew up in a lot of people go out and get pissed and celebrate the day, I suppose were more patriotic up north, plus London is a much more diverse and multi cultural society than smaller towns, so that may have been a factor.

Well, that's probably true. I just thought it was funny cos my cousins boyfriend and I used to slag eachother a lot and coming up to st georges day, he was going on and on about it but I suspected he actually didn't know when it was. So I waited til it was over and til he said something else and I said 'when exactly IS st georges day?' and he kinda mumbled about it being some time in May or something :D:D . He didn't live that down for quite a while... cos he had said he was gonna put the st georges flag in the window and all for it :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Yep, and I can tell ya that the sun is the paper of choice for men in construction in Ireland :o . Well the working men - the engineers seem to buy 'intelligent but easy' The Independant. The Project manager (when he can be bothered dipping his hands in his pockets) buys the ultimite in 'look how intelligent I am' - The Times :eek: . I buy the Star :o (an Irish tabloid) it gets the points across, doesn't make me think at ALL BUT it's getting as bad as the sun. In that I don't see how an article on road death or something requires a picture of Glenda Gilson or Roberta Rowat holding a sign saying 'please slow down' :rolleyes:

Yep, I notice that the Irish versions of the Sun, Mirror and Star are quite different from their UK counterparts. They're the same in layout and a few features, but they've got different people working on them and so, you get Irish news in them. The articles can be better written, too. An Irish journalist will get their info on local and national news the old fashioned way, whereas over here, they just go to Reuters or the 'net, and reword somebody else's story most of the time.
  • Options
    Please don't buy the Sun - ever.
    --- www.myspace.com/coldwarsundays ---
  • Options
    I have first hand of the nasty extremist Islamic group al-Muhajiroun, they have a large following in Luton (where i unfortunately lived for 5 years) after 9/11 they put up sick posters of the twin towers burning with pictures "glorifying" the sick bastards that flew those planes, they also chant Bin laden's name in large groups through the town, christmas lights are no longer put up by the counsel at christmas they have a festival of illuminati (they put up lights but non with any meaning linked to xmas)

fucking stupid if you ask me
    Yeh, I heard about that... that's fucking ridiculous. If I move to a country, I have to adapt myself to their ways... not insist that they adapt to mine :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Back to the main topic though, this isn't news. This is just the sort of "My my, it's political correctness gone mad"- type diatribe that you hear TalkSPORT presenters rambling about. I doubt this kind of jingoistic nonsense sells papers. These tabloids should stick to tits and cokehead soap stars.
  • Options
    Yep, I notice that the Irish versions of the Sun, Mirror and Star are quite different from their UK counterparts. They're the same in layout and a few features, but they've got different people working on them and so, you get Irish news in them. The articles can be better written, too. An Irish journalist will get their info on local and national news the old fashioned way, whereas over here, they just go to Reuters or the 'net, and reword somebody else's story most of the time.
    WHAT??? The Sun has articles?? :eek: Well I find the sun usually reports stuff that I read in the star a few days earlier. The Star is owned by Independent papers so it usually gets its articles from the Herald which is decent. I like some of the writers - even podge and rodge have a page every Wednesday :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    even podge and rodge have a page every Wednesday :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPc931hfNL0&search=podge%20and%20rodge

;)