Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Woah. It's not like I'm saying "Good, I'm glad he's missing."

I'm just saying...he's not the only missing person out there and he's probably not the only one who is a big fan.

People here might know other missing people, but I don't see it being talked about.

Yeah, let's NOT post this about a guy who potentially one, if not several members of this board may have met, and may offer a lead. Let's NOT post it, so that if they do, someone can alert the authorities with at least some sort of a lead.

Sure, we might know someone else who is missing, but there's a much greater probability that someone here might know something about this guy!

Jesus Christ (on this Good Friday) man, what is your deal? :rolleyes:

I hope this guy comes home safe and sound. Although they probably won't see this, I send my best wishes to the family.
  • zoedivazoediva Posts: 48
    obviously thousands of people go missing each year and each case is as awful as the next.....the issue here and the reason that i support kat's post wholeheartedly is that we are all PJ fans, have networks of friends who we have met at tours along the way etc and someone on here has a good chance of perhaps knowing something.......jesus PJ fans should unite....if i was on another message board for another band or interest and there was something of specific relevance that i may be able to help with i hope i'd be alerted to that too....well done Kat, prayers with the family
  • Woah. It's not like I'm saying "Good, I'm glad he's missing."

I'm just saying...he's not the only missing person out there and he's probably not the only one who is a big fan.

People here might know other missing people, but I don't see it being talked about.
    I realize what you are saying. It seems that when people go missing if they don't fit a certain profile than they don't get the same press as other missing people that may fit that profile. It sucks, it really does. I just don't know if this is the place to address that.
    It is important to reach all communities that might know a missing person and it is obvious he has a connection to the PJ community. If you or I went missing I would like to think they would do the same for us. Lets keep this thread on track and bring the focus back where it belongs.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,733
    I'm just saying that people...children go missing everyday. Why don't they get special attention? Because they don't have a PJ tattoo?

Oh and don't give me an attitude just because I don't agree with this. Yes it sucks he is missing, but good grief. Go into Wal*Mart and you see dozens of pictures of missing people. I just don't agree that this guy gets special treatment just because he has a PJ tattoo on his arm.

i think you need to listen to one of the last lyrics of In My Eyes by Minor Threat.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Exactly it's just making use of a shared forum with a chance of success, why NOT do for christs sake...

Good luck to the guy and his family!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • lostdozenlostdozen Posts: 29
    I'm just saying that people...children go missing everyday. Why don't they get special attention? Because they don't have a PJ tattoo?

Oh and don't give me an attitude just because I don't agree with this. Yes it sucks he is missing, but good grief. Go into Wal*Mart and you see dozens of pictures of missing people. I just don't agree that this guy gets special treatment just because he has a PJ tattoo on his arm.

You're making blanket statements that have little relevance to the issue at hand. As others have just pointed out, someone might know this person or have seen this person through the common interest of Pearl Jam. By making this a sticky, Kat is contributing to the investigation because she has the ability or the potential to add something useful to the investigators through the PJ community here.

And this is hardly special attention. This is a high traffic message board specifically for (and about) PJ fans, not the national nightly news. Maybe this missing person frequents the board? Your statement about Walmart putting up missing persons' fliers is the same as the Pit putting up a notice. The more information about any missing person, the better. If you feel so strongly about this, you can volunteer your time to help look or spread the word about other missing persons.

Let's hope that this guy can return safely and that you can maybe reevaluate your closeminded thoughts on Kat's motivations for posting this.
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I'm thinking, if the homeless guy's statement is credible (see my post above), then people in Brian's area who post on here could try to memorise his face from the photos on the webpage, and then when you're in the busier places of town where street people tend to congregate, make an effort to look in the faces of a few of these people to see if there's a match. Really, you might see something that the cops miss.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Kat wrote:
    Do you know him or have any information to pass on?

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/8699216/detail.html
    Thanks for the heads up on this, and for making it a sticky.

My thoughts go out to his family, and I hope he has a speedy return and that he is in one piece.
  • mohomoho Posts: 540

Because at least as a group we can help this guy/his family.

You see a place bombed, six kids run out burning, except You can save just one. So what do you say? FUCK IT WHAT'S THE POINT?

Come on.... There's a chance we can help this one guy here.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    please come home safe brian...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I posted this over on RM too.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I really really hope and pray that he is safe....

Its really nice of kat to post this as a sticky... we are more than just fans of the same musical group, we are more like a big family, seriously....

To brian, come home safely, and we will all have a pj party A BIG pj party...

To Kat: If you come across ANYway we can all help in the search for brian, please let me know personally....
  • Thaks, Kat, for stickying this here. My thoughts and prayers go out to he and his family.

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    my thoughts and prayers are with this man and his family...

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    he could just be off the radar...hopefuly.

peace bro
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i hope they find him...:( my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

*sending positive vibes out there in the hopes that he is found safe and sound*

And i agree with LeatherMandi, we are a FAMILY community. Not only are we about the music, but also we have that connection. we are there for each other no matter what. :)

Kat, thank u for posting this. The more word it goes out, the best chances on finding Brian.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 789
    thanks Kat for posting this.. a very good idea because u know how crazy us PJ fans are and if we something like that we will definately take not

pleas ignore faceless-man.. there is one in every crowd.. and he doesn't understand u are posting this because we may have seen the tatoo and not just because he is a missing person
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    missing persons cases are the worst. :sad:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    People go missing everyday. Some of those people probably like Pearl Jam. Let's make sticky about them too.

Or we could all try and be a prick like you, The more peo-ple that see his picture, the more it helps. I will promise you if you want, when you end up dead in a ditch, we won't post anything...because alot of pricks end up in a ditch.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    hope someone finds him soon.

i see he goes to ohio state, where i will start up this fall... was wondering if there were other big pearl jam fans on campus. he needs to get his ass back home so i can buy him a beer.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Really, it sucks when people go missing...sounds like he may have developed a mental illness (which happens to a lot of med students), say a first break of schizophrenia. at least with the behaviour, somebody is bound to notice him. There must be street outreach workers and all in that area. He'll be found...

We're all rootin' for you Bri! Get home soon!! Your family needs you!!
    be philanthropic
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,746
    i see he goes to ohio state, where i will start up this fall... was wondering if there were other big pearl jam fans on campus. he needs to get his ass back home so i can buy him a beer.

I'm not too far from campus, and I know there's at least 1 or 2 others that have posted in this thread who are familiar with the area.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • hey, maybe this guy has an account on the board?? has anyone looked into that?
    `~.:.~`.History doesn't make something right`~.:.~`
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,746
    To brian, come home safely, and we will all have a pj party A BIG pj party...

Can we wear pajamas at this PJ party? Ok, all jokes aside, I started a thread about this same topic. Kat, if you wanna merge, feel free. Might be better to have one long thread instead of two short ones to keep up with.

I'm sure his cellphone has been called, in fact, that might have been step one. But people can be weird. Generally speaking, sometimes when "we" panic, "we" don't tend to think straight.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,768
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • chances are i cant do anything from where i am. i hope this guys safe!
    "last stop on the west coast line, just south of the northern border" = Gorge I and II, 2006

I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-pees R Us.
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I think it's in our very nature to take note of the "stickman" tattoo. I hope his leads him home safe & sound.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Everyone keep your eyes peeled at the shows. It will be hot, and shirts will be off..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    [email protected]
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    i really hope hes safe and sound....maybe he just needed to get away from everyone for a while or something....hopefully

ironically he looks familiar...no i dont know him or anything....but i dunno...its weird...i saw his picture and its like ive seen him before (not recently or anything)...maybe at a pj show or something...its kinda freaking me out actually!

and i dont wanna give bad vibes...but um...if he recently lost his mom (depressed)...hes in med school (high stress)....he likes nirvana and NIN as well and some disturbing movies (just like me)....hes 27....he went missing in time for april 5th or april 8th (however you wanna look at it)....i just know that ive been thru some really bad times and well if he idolized cobain at all...the timing was right....i had that date in my head for a while....especially at 27...it would be the time if i was gonna do it. thats just me and my fucked up thoughts...but its makes me wonder. sorry to rain on anyones parade...and im sure hes not as fucked up as me...its just a speculation...my first thought after reading about it just now.

please be ok brian.
    be sound.
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    hope the dude is ok! how twisted would this be if the guy disappeared on his own?
    and what's the deal with the homeless guy tip seein him 4 days after reported missing?
    with the loss of his mother and him in med school, his stress may have been too much and just had a mental breakdown??very strange