Options

<- The RED DOT on Yield

eedie_vedder1eedie_vedder1 Posts: 66
edited December 2007 in The Porch
hey fellow jammers,

have I got a question for you! all

I was observing the back of the Yield CD album cover and noticed that song #8 doesn't even have a name, it's just a RED DOT?

is this a misprint? surly the track must have a spoken name in english language?

what is the official trackname? i'm trying to completeing my PJ collection into mp3 format and i don't know what to call it.

some said "The Color Red", "Red Dot", "Untitled (The Color Red)", "Untitled (Red Dot)" but there can only be one, right!

please help me this is a matter of grave.

-eedie_vedder1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hey fellow jammers,

have I got a question for you! all

I was observing the back of the Yield CD album cover and noticed that song #8 doesn't even have a name, it's just a RED DOT?

is this a misprint? surly the track must have a spoken name in english language?

what is the official trackname? i'm trying to completeing my PJ collection into mp3 format and i don't know what to call it.

some said "The Color Red", "Red Dot", "Untitled (The Color Red)", "Untitled (Red Dot)" but there can only be one, right!

please help me this is a matter of grave.

-eedie_vedder1
    Welcome to nine years ago. Not many had a cellular telephone and coffee was coffee.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    Welcome to nine years ago. Not many had a cellular telephone and coffee was coffee.
    yes i know its old, but the song stills exists now and it has to must have a name. like i said im converting my collection to mp3s and id like to know a name to label it.

sorry if i dont fit your neo-christian belief system on old vs new
  • Options
    yes i know its old, but the song stills exists now and it has to must have a name. like i said im converting my collection to mp3s and id like to know a name to label it.

sorry if i dont fit your neo-christian belief system on old vs new
    I am a jew you stinkrod!!!!
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    I just call it 'Untitled' in my library... but 'Untitled (Red Dot)' sounds better...
    *scurry's off to rename*
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    I just call it 'Untitled' in my library... but 'Untitled (Red Dot)' sounds better...
    *scurry's off to rename*
    yes pearljam.com also lists it as "Untitled" but they say its on LiveOnTwoLegs and Touring Band 2000 too even tho its 2 completly different songs

im jus hoping for ONE official name that i can label it
  • Options
    yes pearljam.com also lists it as "Untitled" but they say its on LiveOnTwoLegs and Touring Band 2000 too even tho its 2 completly different songs

im jus hoping for ONE official name that i can label it
    The suspense is killing me.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    The suspense is killing me.
    yes i cannot sleep without an answer. please help me sleep.

a million velcro fibers to the man with the asnwer!
  • Options
    yes i cannot sleep without an answer. please help me sleep.

a million velcro fibers to the man with the asnwer!
    I had a vision. The vision said "Look at the fucking CD cover". The CD had a red dot on it. I need some more acid.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    I had a vision. The vision said "Look at the fucking CD cover". The CD had a red dot on it. I need some more acid.
    i have looked at the cd album cover! if you can tell me how to type a red dot into a mp3 label iw ould be happy! im jus looking for an official name to type for the song....... there must be a rela name besides the symbol
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    I was fairly sure it was called red dot, and if not it makes sense
  • Options
    Smash it with a pen/pencil/fire poker. Over and over if necessary. If it still does not understand, resort to fire or firearms. Only you control your destiny. Good luck.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I was fairly sure it was called red dot, and if not it makes sense
    thats what im afraid of that nobody will really kno what its really called. what does the Pearl Jam call this song in concerts? or do they not play it?

and twilighthummer that didnt work and my ipod wont even turn on. thanks alot. maybe ill burn youre destiny while im at it.
  • Options
    thats what im afraid of that nobody will really kno what its really called. what does the Pearl Jam call this song in concerts? or do they not play it?

and twilighthummer that didnt work and my ipod wont even turn on. thanks alot. maybe ill burn youre destiny while im at it.

Ill burn youre destiny? What is this magic you speak of? Check the batteries, look at the CD. Be strong. Your vision quest is near the apex.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    Ill burn youre destiny? What is this magic you speak of? Check the batteries, look at the CD. Be strong. Your vision quest is near the apex.
    please stop with your doublespeak. i need one answer. i fear the clutter will bury the meaning of my post! sit and relax, please. i think your a funny guy, but no place for the forums lol
  • Options
    please stop with your doublespeak. i need one answer. i fear the clutter will bury the meaning of my post! sit and relax, please. i think your a funny guy, but no place for the forums lol
    Did not you name this thread "THE RED DOT ON YIELD"? Seek your answer in your question. And speak not; for retards find strength in their stinkrods. Find your stinkrod and you will find the key.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    just call it whatever you want??? i dont understand why it has to be a 'certain' name... plus its shit and no one listens to it anyway :)

so call it 'shit'
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Oh dear Lord! End the madness!!!

Its called The Color Red.

End of thread.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    People people, be nicer to eedie, the dudes obviously mentally challenged..

Eedie, honey, just type "red dot" as the title. No more, no less.
  • Options
    People people, be nicer to eedie, the dudes obviously mentally challenged..

Eedie, honey, just type "red dot" as the title. No more, no less.
    :rolleyes: See, now you're just confusing issues again....
  • Options
    Are you an Irishman?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    But your wrong. Its "red dot"!!!
  • Options
    The Pearl Jam Vault has about as comprehensive a song list as you'll find (far better than the "official" Ten Club list) and they say this:

The Colour Red
    Yield (untitled track; middle)
    first time played 02/26/98 (played only recorded version as intro to show)
    last time played 03/20/98 (same deal; not played "live")

http://www.pjvault.com/originalsA_H.html
  • Options
    Well perhaps a simple 'dot' or '.' is sufficient... as they don't have any songs called dots of any other colour so to just call it 'dot' doesn't really make a difference... will people then start threads entitled 'this dot you speak of, what colour is it?'
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Are you an Irishman?
    eh... why?
  • Options
    Oh! Just remembered!!

It's called "The Color Red" in the credits to Single Video Theory!

Can we call that official now?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    why doesnt the guy just call it whatever they think??? i'm confused as to why they have to find its 'official' name?

its not like it'll come on their mp3 player and they'll be sitting going 'hmmm... red dot? what the fuck is this song called 'red dot'... its sounds really like that The Color Red song from Yield but i just dont know..."

i have Elderly Woman, Small Town, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town... yet all 3 are the same 'song'.... i havent been confused yet? and i feel no need to rename them all to match the actual publishers title... i save shit like that for those people who organise their socks and pants into days of the week colours and who get freaky if you put an album back onto the shelf out of alphabetical order.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    eh... why?

You've not heard a 'How to confuse an Irishman' joke...

Show him a shovel and a spade and ask him to take his pick.

The title of the thread had a similar effect on me: 'What shall I call Red Dot?'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Oh! Just remembered!!

It's called "The Color Red" in the credits to Single Video Theory!

Can we call that official now?
    awsome! i dont know what SIngle Video Theory is but this is what i was looking for when i made this. some official proofs!

and sorry the rest of you but i am not mentaly challengd im just on morre drugs than most of yo hav ever seen in your life!

agin, thnks wolf, your the best right now!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    and i feel no need to rename them all to match the actual publishers title... i save shit like that for those people who organise their socks and pants into days of the week colours and who get freaky if you put an album back onto the shelf out of alphabetical order.
    well thats me lol! if i dont have the porper name for it ill go crazy and always second guess the name of the song im listening to and think that its not right!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    why doesnt the guy just call it whatever they think??? i'm confused as to why they have to find its 'official' name?

its not like it'll come on their mp3 player and they'll be sitting going 'hmmm... red dot? what the fuck is this song called 'red dot'... its sounds really like that The Color Red song from Yield but i just dont know..."

i have Elderly Woman, Small Town, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town... yet all 3 are the same 'song'.... i havent been confused yet? and i feel no need to rename them all to match the actual publishers title... i save shit like that for those people who organise their socks and pants into days of the week colours and who get freaky if you put an album back onto the shelf out of alphabetical order.

All true, besides the fact that the only official title to the song is 'Untitled', so beyond that it's one's own personal choice what they call it.

But you were right. I call it shit.