Options

Their Better Be More Than Just Bonnaroo Announced!!

Comments

• Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    yeah...

but thats the same guy who said "dont waste your time with speedy"

when i was basically saying the same thing in the south thread....

they complained for 2 years.....they get a show in tennesee.....and they are ther first to start whining and complaining.....

perhaps common sense has prevailed.

i wasn't expecting any shows this year,
    so i look at it as an unexpected bonus.

the complaining is gonna happen on here no matter
    what this band does, thats for sure.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    yeah...

but thats the same guy who said "dont waste your time with speedy"

when i was basically saying the same thing in the south thread....

they complained for 2 years.....they get a show in tennesee.....and they are ther first to start whining and complaining.....

You love messing with the south people. lol
  • Options
    You love messing with the south people. lol
    last year they had a fucking great time messing with me...

because they didnt have a sense of fucking humor.....

actually got me banned...then attempted to get me banned for life....

well....

they might just get their southern show....

then maybe Kat can take that "play the south" thread and finally send it to the land of deleted threads.....where it fucking belongs....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

well....

then maybe Kat can take that "play the south" thread and finally send it to the land of deleted threads.....where it fucking belongs....

Do you feel better now? :D
  • Options
    Do you feel better now? :D
    hehehehehehe.................

havent had my coffee yet.....

its just fucking hysterical.....

and the reasons that were given in that southern thread .......were quite fucking amusing too.....

they dont like the smoke...
    they dont like the frat boys....
    they dont like the drunks....
    blah
    blah
    blah.....

gimme a fucking break..........

well then im going to guess those people dont plan on ever going to a fucking pearl jam show.....because that is the kinda shit WE ALL DEAL WITH at any fucking concert we go to.....
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569

well....

so, one festival show in tennessee should be enough for people from virginia, north carolina, south carolina, georgia, alabama and florida? us trying to get them to play some shows around the southeast should be over now, based on one show that's not a true pearl jam only show, with no fan club tickets, and an 8 plus hour drive? and the petition thread deserves to be deleted?

i don't understand the hostility towards the south. what the fuck? we love pearl jam as much as the rest of you do.

again, i ask you: if the only show within 500 miles of chicago in the last 4 years was lollapalooza, you don't think people from other regions would complain?

we've been overlooked at the least, slighted on purpose at the worst. no other region of the US has been treated this way, so no other group is complaining right now. is that a reason to hate us?

ps i don't know anything about you being banned. not my thing....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    so, one festival show in tennessee should be enough for people from virginia, north carolina, south carolina, georgia, alabama and florida? us trying to get them to play some shows around the southeast should be over now, based on one show that's not a true pearl jam only show, with no fan club tickets, and an 8 plus hour drive? and the petition thread deserves to be deleted?

i don't understand the hostility towards the south. what the fuck? we love pearl jam as much as the rest of you do.

again, i ask you: if the only show within 500 miles of chicago in the last 4 years was lollapalooza, you don't think people from other regions would complain?

we've been overlooked at the least, slighted on purpose at the worst. no other region of the US has been treated this way, so no other group is complaining right now. is that a reason to hate us?
    i dont fucking hate anyone.......
  • Options

and the reasons that were given in that southern thread .......were quite fucking amusing too.....

blah
    blah
    blah.....

well then im going to guess those people dont plan on ever going to a fucking pearl jam show.....because that is the kinda shit WE ALL DEAL WITH at any fucking concert we go to.....

Get some coffee in you so you can tell us how you really feel. :) hehehehe
  • Options

blah
    blah
    blah.....

true. but at least at an actual pearl jam show, it's only 20,000 people instead of 100,000. and with fan club seats, there's much much less of that to deal with. at bonaroo, 80 percent of the people there WON'T be there just to see pearl jam....

• Options
    i dont fucking hate anyone.......
    that's cool. i didn't mean to overstate your position. but seriously, answer the question about lollapalooza HONESTLY

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:

Hey I want another Alpine show to happen. But it doesn't happen so I go where they play.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    dangerboy wrote:
    true. but at least at an actual pearl jam show, it's only 20,000 people instead of 100,000. and with fan club seats, there's much much less of that to deal with. at bonaroo, 80 percent of the people there WON'T be there just to see pearl jam....

i love outdoor shows, always have. there is just something about
    the whole 'free for all' atmosphere that appeals to me.

if i want to see pearl jam this year, i realize i will have to travel,
    lose sleep, make certain sacrifices that i am more than willing to make
    in order to see the band i love.

and that's fine by me. i just ignore the other 80%.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Hey I want another Alpine show to happen. But it doesn't happen so I go where they play.

i get that. you're not wrong for wanting an alpine valley show. i'd assume it's close to you....but how far have you had to travel to get to the closest show to you? i know this excuse doesn't wash with alot of people, but not all of us are in a position to travel or take lots of time off to go catch a show or two 500 miles from home. i don't know, i just don't see people shitting on people in alaska who want a show, or in south america. i guess people are upset with us because we just want something a little more indepth, a little closer to home? i just don't get why those of us not near the shows get so much heat from those who have been, simply because we want to be....

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:

i know for a fact that you are a DIE-HARD fan....who in his own words has "spent thousands and thousands of dollars" on this band....

for whatever reason the band did not tour the south in 2006....

but at least now you have a show you might be able to attend....but YOU ARE MAKING THE CHOICE not to go.....

cant blame anyone but yourself here....

as far as lollapalooza???? again if it were the only show within 500 miles of me for 4 years???? then i would have packed my bags...hopped on a plane...a train...a boat...an automobile....whatever......and gone to the show with a big smile on my face.....

people complain...i understand....people are hurt when for whatever reason they cant attend shows.....i understand this......

but when you have a chance to go to a show.....instead of looking at the negatives......i say do whatever it takes and go make the absolute best of it!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i love outdoor shows, always have. there is just something about
    the whole 'free for all' atmosphere that appeals to me.

if i want to see pearl jam this year, i realize i will have to travel,
    lose sleep, make certain sacrifices that i am more than willing to make
    in order to see the band i love.

and that's fine by me. i just ignore the other 80%.

i'm sure alot of us (from the south petition thread) will be there, for the reasons you stated. what i don't get is why people are like "ok, you got bonaroo, now shut up"

• Options
    i know for a fact that you are a DIE-HARD fan....who in his own words has "spent thousands and thousands of dollars" on this band....

for whatever reason the band did not tour the south in 2006....

but at least now you have a show you might be able to attend....but YOU ARE MAKING THE CHOICE not to go.....

cant blame anyone but yourself here....

as far as lollapalooza???? again if it were the only show within 500 miles of me for 4 years???? then i would have packed my bags...hopped on a plane...a train...a boat...an automobile....whatever......and gone to the show with a big smile on my face.....

people complain...i understand....people are hurt when for whatever reason they cant attend shows.....i understand this......

but when you have a chance to go to a show.....instead of looking at the negatives......i say do whatever it takes and go make the absolute best of it!!!!!!!!

i haven't totally made the choice not to go yet....and i understand what you're saying. i will say that it will be much more difficult for me (and many others i suspect) to go to bonaroo than it would be to go to shows in even atlanta or dc. i guess we're just being selfish, wanting a real set of pearl jam dates for our area. we love them. we miss them. we want them to come here on a little bit bigger scale than just one festival show in tennessee. just trying to get some small measure of empathy from our fellow pj fans, instead of what we've been getting for the last couple of years here...

edit: oh, and thanks for the pep talk. maybe it seems kinda pussy or whatever, but alot of us are really down about not having local opportunities to see the band. we need the positive stuff....

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    i'm sure alot of us (from the south petition thread) will be there, for the reasons you stated. what i don't get is why people are like "ok, you got bonaroo, now shut up"
    when i read the other day that bonnaroo was 99% going to happen...

the first people i thought of were YOU AND TYBIRD.....i went in that thread expecting to see nothing but fucking happiness from you guys....i expected to see you planning your trip...planning your pre party...planning your get togethers.....blah blah blah.....

instead i did somersaults when both of you basically said "fuck bonnaroo"

it really took me by surprise.....

and its nothing personal my friend.....but this decision not to go to the first show in the south for quite some time is nobodys fault but your own...

all im saying.....this is a chance to see your favorite band...a band that has been a HUGE part of your life for 15 years.....

GO TO THE SHOW AND HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    i get that. you're not wrong for wanting an alpine valley show. i'd assume it's close to you....but how far have you had to travel to get to the closest show to you? i know this excuse doesn't wash with alot of people, but not all of us are in a position to travel or take lots of time off to go catch a show or two 500 miles from home. i don't know, i just don't see people shitting on people in alaska who want a show, or in south america. i guess people are upset with us because we just want something a little more indepth, a little closer to home? i just don't get why those of us not near the shows get so much heat from those who have been, simply because we want to be....

Yea Alpine is less then 45 mins away from me. Nothing like having your house keys in your back pocket at a PJ show. :D

I do hope the south gets some PJ love this year. Go to Bonnarro if you can and have a great time. If I can't go then you MUST. :D

Myself I've always had a problem with east coast fans. The ones that bitch for more shows. Cause the 6-8 shows they get within driving distance just isn't enough. Give me a fucking break.
  • Options
    when i read the other day that bonnaroo was 99% going to happen...

the first people i thought of were YOU AND TYBIRD.....i went in that thread expecting to see nothing but fucking happiness from you guys....i expected to see you planning your trip...planning your pre party...planning your get togethers.....blah blah blah.....

instead i did somersaults when both of you basically said "fuck bonnaroo"

it really took me by surprise.....

and its nothing personal my friend.....but this decision not to go to the first show in the south for quite some time is nobodys fault but your own...

all im saying.....this is a chance to see your favorite band...a band that has been a HUGE part of your life for 15 years.....

GO TO THE SHOW AND HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!

i didn't out and out say "fuck it", i just don't particularly care for large festivals. especially ones that are 540 miles from home. so, my initial reaction leans towards not doing it. does my love for the band outweigh that? i guess that's where i'm at since there are no alternatives. like i said, it just sucks that the only opportunity i've had in four years will force me to try to align jupiter with mars to make it happen. but, trust me: i'm considering it a whole hell of alot more than i would if there were any other shows in the southeast....

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    i didn't out and out say "fuck it", i just don't particularly care for large festivals. especially ones that are 540 miles from home. so, my initial reaction leans towards not doing it. does my love for the band outweigh that? ....

Bonnaroo is 2214.96 miles away from me. I'm not a huge fan of festivals and i loathe camping. BUT!
    My love for the band out weighs all those things. I will not complain that they aren't playing in my backyard, suck it up and go fucking camping. ;)
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Bonnaroo is 2214.96 miles away from me. I'm not a huge fan of festivals and i loathe camping. BUT!
    My love for the band out weighs all those things. I will not complain that they aren't playing in my backyard, suck it up and go fucking camping. ;)
    you are traveling 2200 miles for bonnaroo????

where do you live????
  • Options
    you are traveling 2200 miles for bonnaroo????

where do you live????

Northern Alberta, Canada. They don't come here often so, i travel. I don't see what all this whining's about!
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    festivals don't do it for me...they are always in the dead heat of summer, you are fighting to get a decent spot with people who go there to get fucked up more then to see the actual music...and you have to deal with thousands of people who don't even care for Pearl Jam......to me, there is nothing better then a PEARL JAM show....not Pearl Jam with 100 other artists...while the idea always seems so amazing, the camping out tends to be the most fun and not the shortened set of your favorite band while standing out in the sun allll day long. You can say i'm bitching, but im really not because since I'm in France studying and won't be participating in this announcement anyway...I just love having my own seat so I can come and go and not have some sweaty pig rubbing up against me all day/night while being packed in like sardines.

I would love to see a lot of the artists at Bonaroo....but I'd still rather pay double to see each artist individually on a certain night. Hopefully there are some other shows announced for you guys.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Northern Alberta, Canada. They don't come here often so, i travel. I don't see what all this whining's about!

I'm not a huge fan of festivals either, but Bonnaroo does it for me. That's a looong ways for you, but I'm sure it'll be worth it,.
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:

be nice, now. i have to ask what your life situation is. are you married, with a kid in school, a small business owner, with a mortgage? if i was 25, i'd go to bonaroo at the drop of a hat (and did exactly those kind of things when i was able to). not quite as easy to do now that i'm a grown-up with shitstacks of responsibility...

hope you can work it out and have fun

• Options
    I'm thinking a 3 nighter to say goodbye to the SPECTRUM.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    be nice, now. i have to ask what your life situation is. are you married, with a kid in school, a small business owner, with a mortgage? if i was 25, i'd go to bonaroo at the drop of a hat (and did exactly those kind of things when i was able to). not quite as easy to do now that i'm a grown-up with shitstacks of responsibility...

hope you can work it out and have fun

I'm 30 (31 by roo time!), married (but complicated), a fulltime and a partime time job, trying hard to get a morgage in this "booming" economy, and i have no children. Maybe if i had kids, things would be different...but then, maybe not. I am a "grown-up" with lots of responsibility... i just make sure that i have enough vacation time and money saved that by the time PJ tours, i can go.

Hopefully, you can align those planets and be there too!
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'm not a huge fan of festivals either, but Bonnaroo does it for me. That's a looong ways for you, but I'm sure it'll be worth it,.

Lolla was worth every stinkin penny. I'm sure the roo will be even better!
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Lolla was worth every stinkin penny. I'm sure the roo will be even better!

Roo is gonna be fuckin SICK!! If that lineup is true that someone posted, I'm going for sure, I'm in dept to my eyeballs right now, but I don't give a fuck, you live once...
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    Some of those pennies were quite aromatic. Stinky pennies are worth seeing Jim James in an elevator and just smiling like a clown, though! Bonnaroo will be SOOOOO much cooler. I'm hoping Radiohead is added to the lineup. If that happens........
    Chicago 8-23-09