Options

Considering a reverse boycott of the NFL

The NFL owners don't like employees expressing themselves peacefully? Don't embrace the values  of the 1st Amendment? Free speech? Peaceful protest?

Meanwhile, they use their political clout to suck up local tax dollars to build billion dollar stadiums and sip champagne in the luxury box?

Boycotts can work both ways

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Enjoy your boycott.  I'll be enjoying the Thursday night game...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    haven't watched a football game in over two yrs i can't stand any show boating by players at all , no NBA either only Hockey for me , so my boycott is just personal , boycotts do work both ways ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I need Agholor to have a game tonight. I'm thin at WR2.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    My favorite team will be celebrating their Supee Bowl win tonight and I think I'm out
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    my2hands said:
    My favorite team will be celebrating their Supee Bowl win tonight and I think I'm out
    I would take it all in since this is the first and last time they will ever win a Super Bowl.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Why I like baseball far better:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    God Bless George Carlin 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    my2hands said:
    God Bless George Carlin 
    Amen, brother!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    All of this is dumb. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    reverse boycott? isnt it just a boycott?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mickeyrat said:
    I was puzzled by this as well. 

People need to do what they feel is the right thing to do.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

on its face it suggests support.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

on its face it suggests support.
    Yeah I am pretty sure he just means that he is boycotting the NFL in response to the NFL's (and the advertisers') stance on things but the way stated is kinda funny.
    I think I may steal this and try to use it in situations where it may be comical/confusing. 

I am going to reverse drink this beer.
    (Wait...does that mean I puke it or pee it?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I quit watching football before the protest stuff.  It is so boring and all the commercials make it like 4 hours.  I much prefer hockey and baseball.  Hockey has more action and I really enjoy attending Cubs games whenever I can when traveling.

91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    Hocket is fine.  Baseball just sucks and is the soooooo boring.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    haven't watched a football game in over two yrs i can't stand any show boating by players at all , no NBA either only Hockey for me , so my boycott is just personal , boycotts do work both ways ...

Make Canada Great Again
  • Options
    I buy a cheap ticket to a baseball game and just consider it a cover charge to a bar.  We have a blast.  Heck I’m MSP I have been given tickets outside the stadium by strangers.  Those were the sweetest beers.  But in Milwaukee they have Spotted Cow for sale and it is THE best ale in the US.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    I buy a cheap ticket to a baseball game and just consider it a cover charge to a bar.  We have a blast.  Heck I’m MSP I have been given tickets outside the stadium by strangers.  Those were the sweetest beers.  But in Milwaukee they have Spotted Cow for sale and it is THE best ale in the US.
    Baseball is so much better attending games I will agree.  I live across from Detroit, have not been to a game in years.  Maybe I'll go to a game.  I've always wanted to see the Yanks and Red Sox and Dodgers...I'm not sure if the Dodgers ever appear on the schedule for the Tigers.  Sounds like you have a blast, thats great.  Enjoy.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    All of this is dumb. 
    No it isn't

Did you enjoy the 12 minutes of actual game action last night, or prefer the 90 minutes of advertisements?

Owners want players to shut up and stay in the locker room, no problem, my money can stay in my pocket. 

People like to talk shit and not back it up. Screw the old rich white owners. 

Not to mention the CTE issue, and their prior disgusting approach to domestic violence.

They dont deserve the viewership or the money, so I say fuck em. At least until the playoffs lol
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    All of this is dumb. 
    No it isn't

Did you enjoy the 12 minutes of actual game action last night, or prefer the 90 minutes of advertisements?

Owners want players to shut up and stay in the locker room, no problem, my money can stay in my pocket. 

People like to talk shit and not back it up. Screw the old rich white owners. 

Not to mention the CTE issue, and their prior disgusting approach to domestic violence.

They dont deserve the viewership or the money, so I say fuck em. At least until the playoffs lol
    Well now  you're criticizing the rules, game flow, etc.  That's different.  The way your post read (to me), is that because of the protests, I'm going to counter-protest and stop watching.  Where ironically, that will just lower the NFL "approval rate" (which Breitbart touts) and makes it seem like more people are anti-Kap than they are.  
  • Options
    It can not be a reverse boycott unless the NFL is boycotting fans.  Pretty sure they are not.  The commercials breaks are perfect, allows me to toke...yeah this is dumb.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I’m down!!! Wait...what channel is football on, lol?  I have never been much of a football fanatic.  I played it when I was in school, but was always more of a baseball person.  I would watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, but they suck now too...I guess I’ll just watch the puppy bowl and go on with life from now on!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I think the great majority of people that claim they will boycott a sport or business based on political mambo jumbo probably were never a huge fan of that sport or business. 

I boycott Starbucks because I don’t like the way they don’t use the terms medium and large for ordering coffee or it could be because I don’t drink coffee. 
  • Options
    The owners blackballed a player because he peacefully protests?

Thats not the kind of business I want to support

don't give AF what Breitbart thinks
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    The owners blackballed a player because he peacefully protests?

Thats not the kind of business I want to support

don't give AF what Breitbart thinks
    It's not about what Breitbart thinks, it's about the real polling that takes place.  Do what you want, but my point is that if the left and the right hate the NFL for the opposite reason, well who knows how the NFL reads that poll.  Maybe they squash all protests.  They sure as hell won't reduce the commercial interruptions.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    I think the great majority of people that claim they will boycott a sport or business based on political mambo jumbo probably were never a huge fan of that sport or business. 

I boycott Starbucks because I don’t like the way they don’t use the terms medium and large for ordering coffee or it could be because I don’t drink coffee. 
    You know what's funny, is I actually hate Starbucks for those precise reasons.. I hate the words and the coffee is over roasted.  I only go there in times of trouble.  
  • Options
    Hi! said:

I had him in DFS and in one of my ppr line-ups.

33 yards with 8 receptions (his completed pass wasn't for a TD or 20+ yards that was squatoosh).

Okay game I guess? As for the game itself... I allowed my wife to talk me into watching Big Brother that was pvr'd. I came back to it in the fourth quarter where it did get better (it came down to the last play).

Sloppy though. Foles' longest pass attempt was for 18 yards. Zzzzz.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Hi! said:

33 yards with 8 receptions (his completed pass wasn't for a TD or 20+ yards that was squatoosh).

Okay game I guess? As for the game itself... I allowed my wife to talk me into watching Big Brother that was pvr'd. I came back to it in the fourth quarter where it did get better (it came down to the last play).

The game was bad...  I mean it got a little exciting in the 4th quarter.  Thank God for college.  I'm always entertained when the Buckeyes lay 77 on someone.  
  • Options
    I love the NFL... and The Eagles... fan of the league since I was 7 years old... been watching 33 years... 

I have forgotten more about the NFL than most in here probably know lol
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

The game was bad...  I mean it got a little exciting in the 4th quarter.  Thank God for college.  I'm always entertained when the Buckeyes lay 77 on someone.  
    tune in tomorrow then.......