Considering a reverse boycott of the NFL

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Not a fan of a lot of the leagues moves and positions the last few years...

Seems like a good time to take a year off
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    I need Agholor to have a game tonight. I'm thin at WR2.

I had him in DFS and in one of my ppr line-ups.

33 yards with 8 receptions (his completed pass wasn't for a TD or 20+ yards that was squatoosh).

Okay game I guess? As for the game itself... I allowed my wife to talk me into watching Big Brother that was pvr'd. I came back to it in the fourth quarter where it did get better (it came down to the last play).

Sloppy though. Foles' longest pass attempt was for 18 yards. Zzzzz.
    The game was bad...  I mean it got a little exciting in the 4th quarter.  Thank God for college.  I'm always entertained when the Buckeyes lay 77 on someone.  
    tune in tomorrow then.......
    Don't you worry my friend... I always do.  Go Bucks.  
    my2hands said:

I just think the league is dying in general.  The injuries and CTE will be the death of it.  Fewer and fewer parents are allowing their kids to play.  The best athletes are going in different directions.  I think baseball will have a resurgence, soccer will grow and basketball will be king.  
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Whenever I go to Starbucks I order saying small, medium, large. Most times they correct me and will say venti or whatever. Always makes me laugh.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Whenever I go to Starbucks I order saying small, medium, large. Most times they correct me and will say venti or whatever. Always makes me laugh.
    Medium black coffee.... that's all I say..
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Lol, that's my usual order. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Lol, that's my usual order. 
    I'm with you guys.  Forget those wussy foo-foo candied coffee drinks.  Give the real deal!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

I just think the league is dying in general.  The injuries and CTE will be the death of it.  Fewer and fewer parents are allowing their kids to play.  The best athletes are going in different directions.  I think baseball will have a resurgence, soccer will grow and basketball will be king.  
    I agree I’m not sure about soccer though ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • haven't watched a football game in over two yrs i can't stand any show boating by players at all , no NBA either only Hockey for me , so my boycott is just personal , boycotts do work both ways ...

Make Canada Great Again
    It’s always been great hockey rules go Isles !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited September 2018
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    reverse boycott? isnt it just a boycott?
    I was puzzled by this as well. 

People need to do what they feel is the right thing to do.
    on its face it suggests support.
    on YOUR face

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread/p4
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So I just kinda made up a running play I have tittled the "REVERSE BOYCOTT"
    The quarterback lines up in regular formation.He then drops back into shotgun formation at which time he will take a knee. After quarterback takes a knee the center will hike the ball to the runningback who will run in for a TOUCHDOWN!!

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Hi! said:
    So I just kinda made up a running play I have tittled the "REVERSE BOYCOTT"
    The quarterback lines up in regular formation.He then drops back into shotgun formation at which time he will take a knee. After quarterback takes a knee the center will hike the ball to the runningback who will run in for a TOUCHDOWN!!

Brilliant!  A whole new kind of game!  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I will be counter-reverse boycotting tomorrow when I watch the Giants.
    All I know is the owners voted to stifle peaceful protest by the players and black balled Kaepernick 

I dont think that should be taken lightly, no matter how entertained you are
  • my2hands said:
    All I know is the owners voted to stifle peaceful protest by the players and black balled Kaepernick 

Does your job allow you to alienate half their customers?   This isn’t a protest issue.  It’s a job work site issue.  They work for the teams. The owners are allowed to declare rules that they feel protect their business.  

Agreeing or disagreeing with a mediocre QB whose career was already winding down and who then turned down $14 million that he already had guaranteed to him and then whining that his career plan didn’t work is completely besides the point.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    my2hands said:

Does your job allow you to alienate half their customers?   This isn’t a protest issue.  It’s a job work site issue.  They work for the teams. The owners are allowed to declare rules that they feel protect their business.  

Agreeing or disagreeing with a mediocre QB whose career was already winding down and who then turned down $14 million that he already had guaranteed to him and then whining that his career plan didn’t work is completely besides the point.
    No, it absolutely is not. Almost all of what you have said is incorrect. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • my2hands said:

It is?  Please tell.
  • my2hands said:

Not really.  The owners are certainly within their rights to create rules regarding what players do during the national anthem. It is a workplace. 

Now the owners at first didn’t care much. Trump brought criticism and boycotts and out pressure on. So now the owners seem like they want to do something to protect their business. It’ll be interesting to see where this ends up. If I were an owner I would allow my players to 1) stand 2) kneel 3) remain in the locker room. But I ain’t an owner 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:

CK exercised his option and opted out of his contract, he quit the NFL.  I know where I worked for 25 years and I quit ... just because they employed me once, doesn't mean they have to employ me again.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
    my2hands said:

and SCOTUS has ruled speech CANNOT be compelled.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited September 2018
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:

It’s not a free speech issue. It’s a work place issue.  Liberals need to stop confusing the 2. 

My office has a dress code I must follow.  It has a non-defamation and injury to business policy.   Yes, I can do what I want, but they have every right to prosecute such actions according to those policies as they see fit.  And I don’t even have a contract that says so.  NFL players do.

You can have any opinion you want about the situation including double secret probation, triple lindy boycott.  That’s also your prerogative.   But, in effect all you’re doing is proving why the owners did what they did and are well within their rights to do so to protect their business interests right, wrong or indifferent.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:

It’s not a free speech issue. It’s a work place issue.  Liberals need to stop confusing the 2. 

My office has a dress code I must follow.  It has a non-defamation and injury to business policy.   Yes, I can do what I want, but they have every right to prosecute such actions according to those policies as they see fit.  And I don’t even have a contract that says so.  NFL players do.

You can have any opinion you want about the situation including double secret probation, triple lindy boycott.  That’s also your prerogative.   But, in effect all you’re doing is proving why the owners did what they did and are well within their rights to do so to protect their business interests right, wrong or indifferent.
    so to force participation as a work requirement isnt compelling another to particular speech?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:

so to force participation as a work requirement isnt compelling another to particular speech?
    NFL game operations manual from 2017:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I'm going to enjoy opening weekend watching...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I haven’t watched a game in about ten years, just lost interest.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Let's go giants!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Standing for a song has nothing to do with their job or job related duties... uniforms have not been alerted... its peaceful protest and it's as American as apple pie whether you agree with the protest or not... 

You really want employers to have the power to make you stand for a song? 

Wealthy white owners put some profit over the peaceful voice of their players, a majority black league by the way... I stand with the players... NFL isn't getting a dime from me, already cut cable. If I see it in a TV it wont be on my dime or my ratings. 

Colin Kaepernick is the most important athlete since Ali, mostly because of the POTUS and short sighted NFL ownership. Bravo for elevating the message and power if peaceful protest. Nike sales are booming. Dont be on the wrong side of history 
    edited September 2018
    Full disclosure: im still participating in the 20th year of a fantasy league with my buddies, im not giving that up. Too many good times and too many good friends. My plan is to win it and make money off the NFL this year, not the other way around lol
    edited September 2018

Post edited by my2hands on
  • my2hands said:
    Standing for a song has nothing to do with their job or job related duties... uniforms have not been alerted... its peaceful protest and it's as American as apple pie whether you agree with the protest or not... 

You really want employers to have the power to make you stand for a song? 

Wealthy white owners put some profit over the peaceful voice of their players, a majority black league by the way... I stand with the players... NFL isn't getting a dime from me, already cut cable. If I see it in a TV it wont be on my dime or my ratings. 

Colin Kaepernick is the most important athlete since Ali, mostly because of the POTUS and short sighted NFL ownership. Bravo for elevating the message and power if peaceful protest. Nike sales are booming. Dont be on the wrong side of history 
    So who do yo think is hurt more by your financial protest?   The billionaires?   Lol. I think they’ll be ok.

and double that for comparing mediocre QB to Ali.  Not even close.   Serena Williams - maybe.  Colin what His Name?   Nah.  Trump and Nike are playing you.