Options

Grizz Stadium: The Worst

Kelly Curtis and company ought to be ashamed of themselves for putting a show on in this absolute dump.

3 hour lines to get in. Lines wrapping around the stadium. No organization or order. 

Drink tickets? It’s 2018. Accept cash for beer!

Stick to major markets with actual venues who know how to run security, concessions and shows.

Not this pow dunk hillbilly town that’s the definition of flyover. 

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    You just made Jeff Ament SAD

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    I am sure they hope you continue to fly over next time. 
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    edited August 2018
    I am sure they hope you continue to fly over next time. 

If you were here I’m sure you’d be feeling the same way. And no they won’t be flying over MSG.
    Post edited by weremin23 on
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Ballparks and football stadiums are no place for a concert. End this horrible horrible trend 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    weremin23 said:
    Kelly Curtis and company ought to be ashamed of themselves for putting a show on in this absolute dump.

3 hour lines to get in. Lines wrapping around the stadium. No organization or order. 

Stick to major markets with actual venues who know how to run security, concessions and shows.

Are they doing arm lengths for drink tickets? Do you have any long-armed buddies? This 'drink ticket' idea could really work well for you! 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Ballparks and football stadiums are no place for a concert. End this horrible horrible trend 
    most everyone at Safeco Field here in Seattle thought it was well worth the price of admission
  • Options
    I would assume that it isn't Kelly Curtis at fault but rather the venue itself right?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited August 2018
    A pow dunk town sounds pretty badass and way better than a podunk town

Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    A pow dunk town sounds pretty badass and way better than a podunk town

I was thinking the same thing.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    Did you think it was a major metropolitan city when you bought tickets to the show and traveled there?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Safeco entry was a breeze.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    Did you think it was a major metropolitan city when you bought tickets to the show and traveled there?
    No. I didn’t. Doesn’t excuse excessive security lines and incompetent staff. 
  • Options
    I would assume that it isn't Kelly Curtis at fault but rather the venue itself right?
    He’s the bands manager right?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    Dude the show is on. Enjoy it. 
  • Options
    Um it was beyond easy to get in. Not sure what you did differently. Had 5 beers inside before the show started and I got in around 530. 
  • Options
    weremin23 said:
    He’s the bands manager right?
    But he isn't a worker of the venue itself
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Where u from? 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    Not sure where this is coming from, but we got in within about 15 minutes (30 mins before the show started). The 10c GA was set up great, and we had fantastic views no matter where we were. The locals (of whom you’ve just completely offended) were some of the nicest and most accommodating people I’ve had the pleasure of coming across (and I’ve travelled all over the world). Frankly, I find there’s a bit of magic in these smaller towns that the band thrives on and appreciates. I’m from a city, and work downtown, so it’s nice to get out to places where you can go on a hike once the afternoon and see wildlife. Overall, I had a way better experience...enjoyed the show and town of Missoula more than I did for both MSG shows combined in 2016. NYC is overrated.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    NWROCKSNWROCKS Posts: 20
    mwplum said:
    Not sure where this is coming from, but we got in within about 15 minutes (30 mins before the show started). The 10c GA was set up great, and we had fantastic views no matter where we were. The locals (of whom you’ve just completely offended) were some of the nicest and most accommodating people I’ve had the pleasure of coming across (and I’ve travelled all over the world). Frankly, I find there’s a bit of magic in these smaller towns that the band thrives on and appreciates. I’m from a city, and work downtown, so it’s nice to get out to places where you can go on a hike once the afternoon and see wildlife. Overall, I had a way better experience...enjoyed the show and town of Missoula more than I did for both MSG shows combined in 2016. NYC is overrated.

• Options
    NWROCKSNWROCKS Posts: 20
    Well said. All the people were great kind,copetent,friendly I could not be more impressed with my concert  experience. I also got in within 15 minutes at the 10c GA gate.  Thank you Missoula!    I'll be back.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    weremin23 said:

You wanna shit all over the venue thats fine but leave Missoula alone.  Its a great town.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    I wasn't at Missoula, but can echo that if a venue doesn't typically hold large concerts there, it probably is going to be a different and difficult experience. For example, I'll never go back to a show at Camping World Stadium in Orlando. Every aspect of the GNR show I saw there a few years ago was unorganized, and I skipped seeing Metallica there last year because of it. 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I loved the venue and loved this city. From San Diego and really dug the town and smaller venue. Seattle was an absolute nightmare to get in as well. People waited in line in Seattle for over 3 hours. I waited in the GA line in Missoula for about 25 minutes. Wasn’t bad. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Had I rethought the process for tickets, I would have made this show my priority to go to although, the flights opportunity was challenging. That being said, it appears that almost everyone I have seen post here and elsewhere had a distinctly different impression of all the elements of the show.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    It's a long time ago now, but I was at the last one there in 98 and don't remember any problems.  It was smooth sailing.  Everything went perfect that day.

One thought I had is the paperless tickets/electronic tickets thing is more of a ticketmaster thing.    In '98 Grizzly Stadium wasn't a TM venue.  If it still isn't, maybe it was there first time dealing with electronic tickets (allthough all you have to do is scan them, so it shouldn't really slow things down).
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    ...and now I see why I go into hiding from the boards for such long periods of time. I have driven by and visited Missoula a few times as my mom grew up in Montana. It’s a beautiful state. I guess the OP can have this opinion but man that’s a harsh opinion to me.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited August 2018
    Wasn’t there but sounds like the no code tour, with venues that weren’t mainstream places.  I kind of thought that added to the magic of the show.  Not everywhere do you want an msg or a tweeter center or whatever they’re called these days.  To each his own but it sounds kind of cool to me.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Three hours to get in the show sounds like a valid complaint to me.  And yes, buying tickets to buy beer would have annoyed me as well. 
    Montana is one of my favorite spots in the world so I don’t think these two complaints would have taken away from my experience at the show. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    We got in the very long Ten Club pit line 10 minutes before the gate opened and were inside half an hour later, I was shocked at how quickly it moved. Everything was smooth and easy, the only issues we saw were fans treating the local staff crappy when they didn’t get their way. Everyone we talked to was super pleasant and appreciative. My only complaint was not knowing that I needed cash for drinks, but there was zero line at the beer tent so waiting in the ATM line for 15 minutes wasn’t a big deal. Any issues here were not unique to Missoula, all the big venues are the same or worse. Be nicer. 
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    I was at the show got in line for 10c GA at 5 gates opened at 5:30 and we were in by 5:45. I have no idea what the OP is talking about. Great town and venue. Nicest people. Great experience.