Options

Is your username part of Pearl Jam song lyrics?

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
I was in the shower listening to Vs. and the lyric 'haunting familiar' in Elderly Woman made me realise the meaning behing hauntingfamiliar's username. I don't know, I always wondered about the meaning of her username but because I have not listened to said song in a very long time I didn't realise.
Anyways, what song is your username from?
Mine is from (can you guess?)....
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    No, mine is not.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Thoughts arrive like butterflies

Yes, mine is.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Yes, mine is.
    Correct.
    Which song is yours from?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,021

Yes, mine is.
    Correct.
    His is from an Indio show where Vedder would go off on one of his improvs and started yelling "Fuck me in my brain".

That is the famous "Shoe the shoeless" show which became Coachella the following year.
  • Options
    I got my user name from an Ice-T song.

"Wise up move to this Tempo aNd this hype Groove"  I shortened it and made it my own.  I view it as listening to a record.
  • Options

Yes, mine is.
    Correct.
    His is from an Indio show where Vedder would go off on one of his improvs and started yelling "Fuck me in my brain".

That is the famous "Shoe the shoeless" show which became Coachella the following year.
    Ohhh Yes! I remember seeing that on YouTube years ago.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    My 2nd ever PJ show.  I hold out hope I will hear this song revisited.  Should I start a request thread?
    ;)

• Options
    My 2nd ever PJ show.  I hold out hope I will hear this song revisited.  Should I start a request thread?
    ;)

I applaud you for being there.  Did you throw shit at the stage?  Did we see your balls, lol?!?
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    ;)

I applaud you for being there.  Did you throw shit at the stage?  Did we see your balls, lol?!?
    Oh my...
     :| 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    I was disgusted at the crowd.  So frigging unruly
    It is a great memory and I have about ten stories about the circumstances and the show.  "Epic!"

• Options
    And, the gal who brought me there and bought my ticket definitely saw my balls.  I hope that if someone asked her today she would tell you she made a great decision to bring me to the show, lol.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Mine is part of a Replacements song called "Alex Chilton"

Lookin' like a hundred bucks
    Exchanging good Lux
    Face to face
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Yep, my user name is from the song Down.

"Rise. Life is in motion. I'm stuck in line."
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    If I would change username it maybe could be, strangest tribe member -79 ? 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    Nope. Mine is just what I do, or at least what I do in the ideal situation. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Chinaski=Bukowski... Don't really know why i choose Bukowski's alas as my screen name. Is there a way change our usernames?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Chinaski=Bukowski... Don't really know why i choose Bukowski's alas as my screen name. Is there a way change our usernames?
    I think you have to ask the mods now.  Used to be able to change yourself.
    I considered something around Kilgore Trout when I changed mine - originally I had it as my last name.  Realized this was something that showed up if you searched my name on google so quickly changed it!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,963
    I would change mine
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Mine comes from from the Clarkson/May/Hammond version of Top Gear, when they would introduce their tamed racing driver, The Stig.

"All we know is.... he's called The Stig."
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Yes @Thoughts_Arrive mine came from Elderly Woman. I went to a PJ show in 2010 in Bristow, VA. It was the first PJ show I'd seen since my first two in '95 and '96. It was the first song of the night and Eddie showed up on stage with his guitar and no one else...and it began " I seem to recognize your face...Haunting familiar yet I can't seem to place it". Shortly after Matt kicked the drums in at the exact same time the lights busted in with the rest of the band and the "speakers" background. That moment...just unreal.
    That line had me hooked. I felt exactly that way at that moment. Why had I let so much time pass between shows.. was I still that same person? I was hauntingly familiar to myself...a decade and a half later.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Yep. Two songs and an album title.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    I think you have to ask the mods now.  Used to be able to change yourself.
    I considered something around Kilgore Trout when I changed mine - originally I had it as my last name.  Realized this was something that showed up if you searched my name on google so quickly changed it!
    Ahhh!  Kilgore Trout!  Very good! 

Excuse me, I must go steal a mirror.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I have a friend who wrote a song all about Mr Trout.
    I met KV once after he spoke to our writing class.
    He was very gracious about everyone's questions/fawning over him.
    If memory serves he was good friends with Geraldo Rivera and Cheech Marin.
    What a trio
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Maybe Rivera married his daughter or something?  Years and years ago...I forget.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Yes @Thoughts_Arrive mine came from Elderly Woman. I went to a PJ show in 2010 in Bristow, VA. It was the first PJ show I'd seen since my first two in '95 and '96. It was the first song of the night and Eddie showed up on stage with his guitar and no one else...and it began " I seem to recognize your face...Haunting familiar yet I can't seem to place it". Shortly after Matt kicked the drums in at the exact same time the lights busted in with the rest of the band and the "speakers" background. That moment...just unreal.
    That line had me hooked. I felt exactly that way at that moment. Why had I let so much time pass between shows.. was I still that same person? I was hauntingly familiar to myself...a decade and a half later.
    Beautifully articulated.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    no
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.