Options

Auction: Meet Eddie Vedder and More!

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
edited March 2018 in The Porch
Auction: Meet Eddie Vedder and More!
Benefiting MSD High School Victims and Families
News March 14 2018
https://pearljam.com/news/auction-meet-eddie-vedder-and-more

Join Eddie in supporting the victims and families of the MSD High School tragedy in Parkland, FL.

Bidding is live now, and the auction ends on Sunday, March 25 at 8:30 p.m. EST.

Fanatics, the Anthony Rizzo Foundation, and partners throughout the sports and entertainment world have come together to support #MSDSTRONG. 100% of the proceeds from the auction will be donated to the victims and their families.

The package includes the following:

• Four (4) Tickets to either the August 18 or 20 Pearl Jam show at Wrigley Field
  • Meet and Greet with Eddie Vedder before the concert
  • One (1) Band Signed Guitar
    **Please note: travel, lodging, and/or meals are not included with this package

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Sweet auction item

Almost makes me wish I lived in/near Chicago.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Sweet!
  • Options

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Awesome! I wish this was a raffle!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Already at $9k, great to see them supporting the cause. I'd say hey let's split this 4 ways but I'm pretty sure this will keep climbing up to crazy levels.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Yup.  Raffle would have been nice, don’t exactly have an extra 50k+ lying around.  Bravo whoever does and wins this, feel free to send me that guitar
  • Options
    Current Bid: $13250.00
  • Options
    brianwpbrianwp Posts: 125

This is amazing, my daughter is a student at MSD and I feel personally touched by this gesture. Love you guys. 

• Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    And I’ll pick up a fist full of lottery tickets tomorrow.  
  • Options

I'm gonna try my luck with the 649 lottery here in Canada. If I win I'm totally winning this auction. 
  • Options
    I m thinking this might hit six figures. Awesome contest. 
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited March 2018
    demetrios said:

I'm gonna try my luck with the 649 lottery here in Canada. If I win I'm totally winning this auction. 
    If we both hit. Bring your A game :wink:
    Post edited by Stickman24 on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    demetrios said:

If we both hit. Bring your A game :wink:

Oh hell yeah!!!! I'll be going loco on that bid now button if I win the big bucks this weekend. :p 

• Options
    sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 78
    brianwp said:

This is amazing, my daughter is a student at MSD and I feel personally touched by this gesture. Love you guys. 

I can't imagine what the last month has been like for you.  Best wishes to you and your family and I hope some normalcy returns soon. 
  • Options
    brianwpbrianwp Posts: 125
    brianwp said:

I can't imagine what the last month has been like for you.  Best wishes to you and your family and I hope some normalcy returns soon. 
    Thank you. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Yup.  Raffle would have been nice, don’t exactly have an extra 50k+ lying around.  Bravo whoever does and wins this, feel free to send me that guitar

Unlimited chances to the public at $10 each? They'd easily get over a million raised.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    edited March 2018

Unlimited chances to the public at $10 each? They'd easily get over a million raised.
    Agreed this is out of reach for fans. Some rich dude can just grab it.  Make these raffled, thus accessible to real fans on here like us. Great cause nevertheless. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Agreed this is out of reach for fans. Some rich dude can just grab it.  Make these raffled, thus accessible to real fans on here like us. Great cause nevertheless. 

A raffle would of been totally wicked. It's already at current bid: $16000.00. If they did a raffle for this it would of raised 5x's that amount already .. @ $10 a pop raffle.
  • Options
    Its out of reach
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    demetrios said:

A raffle would of been totally wicked. It's already at current bid: $16000.00. If they did a raffle for this it would of raised 5x's that amount already .. @ $10 a pop raffle.
    Easily.  I'd drop $100 for a chance to meet ed but no way could I ever swing $16,000.
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I assume all 4 get to meet Eddie. Not a bad night when you divide it by 4
  • Options
    Awesome idea but not many fans can afford to win almost going to be some corporate big shot but who cares it’s a great cause. Next time 100 bucks gets you 10 tickets and everyone has a shot. Probably make more cash. 
  • Options
    Current Bid: $18250.00 with 8 day's left. 
  • Options
    Awesome idea but not many fans can afford to win almost going to be some corporate big shot but who cares it’s a great cause. Next time 100 bucks gets you 10 tickets and everyone has a shot. Probably make more cash. 
    This x100000. Some corporate company buys this . When it should a Once in a lifetime life changer for someone on this board
     Sad really.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    This x100000. Some corporate company buys this . When it should a Once in a lifetime life changer for someone on this board
     Sad really.
    I think it’s funny we assume there can’t be fans as big as us (whatever that means) with lots of money.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
     Sad really.
    I think it’s funny we assume there can’t be fans as big as us (whatever that means) with lots of money.
    I totally agree. People forget that when PJ came out, their main audience was Generation X back in the early 90s. So let's say you joined the 10C back in the day when you were something like 16-22 years old, then today you'd be in your forties and if you did well in your field or made the right investments at the right time (or you came from money) then chances are you are at least a millionaire and these ticket prices or auctions are going to be well within your reach.
  • Options
     Sad really.
    Not really the point. The point is why not make it available to regular people as well and not only to  people who can write a donation check for $20k
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
     Sad really.
    Not really the point. The point is why not make it available to regular people as well and not only to  people who can write a donation check for $20k

This!
    NYPJ
  • Options
     Sad really.
    This^^^ nobody said fans aren't well off. But to raise the most money sell tickets $10each make 100,000 much more for the charity AND a chance thats all for everyone!!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    $31,000. Sweet merciful crap. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.