Options

Royal wedding

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Jason P said:
    I am hopefull she has a cousin Eddie type person in her family that shows up unannounced during the holidays. 

Most of her family appears to be Eddies.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Meghan Markle making "feminist statement" by not being given away. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/europe/royal-wedding-update-intl/index.html
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

can't wait for the quarter pounder wedding.  

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Fuck paying taxes for them. Why should my money or anyone elses go to already wealthy royals?
    About time Australia became a Republic.

My question is why does Australia and Canada even need to be in the commonwealth and still associated with Britain?  And you are right it's about time Australia and Canada both became separate from the commonwealth.  We must pay the Royal Leeches...
    Too many old dinosaurs keeping us back. That's why.
    We had a referendum in 1999 and the monarchists won the vote.
    You had a vote?  I wish we had a similar vote...but in this case we need just get the UK out of ur lives...especially giving money to the Royal Leeches...
    It's the old generation keeping us back.
    If another referendum is held in the near future I can see the Republic vote winning seeing people age and die.

I don't understand why a country wants ti be associated with the UK ... especially Canada and Australia...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Fuck paying taxes for them. Why should my money or anyone elses go to already wealthy royals?

My question is why does Australia and Canada even need to be in the commonwealth and still associated with Britain?  And you are right it's about time Australia and Canada both became separate from the commonwealth.  We must pay the Royal Leeches...
    You had a vote?  I wish we had a similar vote...but in this case we need just get the UK out of ur lives...especially giving money to the Royal Leeches...
    If another referendum is held in the near future I can see the Republic vote winning seeing people age and die.

I don't understand why a country wants ti be associated with the UK ... especially Canada and Australia...
    Some of the benefits to the citizens in terms of mobility for school and work have been mentioned. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I just want to see Meghan's dress! 
  • Options

Some of the benefits to the citizens in terms of mobility for school and work have been mentioned. 
    So we should give the Royal Leeches money so people can go to school...I'll say again...FUCK THE UK....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

So we should give the Royal Leeches money so people can go to school...I'll say again...FUCK THE UK....
    Right, because travel, education and work are bad things 

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635

So you’re excited about the wedding?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Right, because travel, education and work are bad things 

My local university has lots of international students ... you don't need to be part of some bullshit commonwealth that was created because the UK was a great country...I'll say it again FUCK THE UK...FUCK THE COMMONWEALTH.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

LOL...I'd rather have a prostate exam than watch those Royal Leeches...I have a brother in law who is aboriginal...ask him how he feels about the UK???
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

LOL...I'd rather have a prostate exam than watch those Royal Leeches...I have a brother in law who is aboriginal...ask him how he feels about the UK???
    Plenty of blame for that to spread around. I don’t think we can put it all on the UK by any means (I’m referring to the First Nations issues, not your prostate)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    In all seriousness my dvr is set!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Can't escape it on television. Many programs dedicated to this event plus ad breaks are about magazines on the wedding.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I just received an email from a TV station promoting the wedding, I cannot escape it hahaha.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Woah, alot of anger here. I'm in the UK, forgot about it actually this morning, ears still ringing from last night's Chris tribute i went to. The royals are here to stay, as is the fascination with their lives. The younger members are raising the profile of mental health issues here too. 
  • Options

I eat my own words.
    I just saw on the evening news 'Young Monarchists' holding a party in the city here to celebrate.

• Options
    This our first long weekend of the year ... the Victoria Day long weekend ... fortunately know one calls it that anymore that I know, it's the may 2-4 weekend or the first long weekend of the summer.  Its time rename the royal leech birthday and change the name to Chief Tecumseh Day.  We also have one of those Royal Leetches in Canada ... the Governor General (the queens representative to Canada), like we need a representative for that old bitty.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    This our first long weekend of the year ... the Victoria Day long weekend ... fortunately know one calls it that anymore that I know, it's the may 2-4 weekend or the first long weekend of the summer.  Its time rename the royal leech birthday and change the name to Chief Tecumseh Day.  We also have one of those Royal Leetches in Canada ... the Governor General (the queens representative to Canada), like we need a representative for that old bitty.  
    No one calls it the Victoria Day long weekend? 

Well, that’s not my experience. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I don't give a shit about the wedding or the royals... here in America our royal family is a poet from Brooklyn and a singer from Houston,  I think that's a big reason so many people still love America and it's ideals... our Royals are normal people that rose to superstardom, not people appointed  so by birth... we crave a different kind of buzz

https://youtu.be/nlcIKh6sBtc

• Options
    That American priest though hahaha.
    The posh royals looked stunned and uncomfortable.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    It was beautiful and very inclusive and about love. It was also a much better news morning than we've had recently. It was cute to see the MSNBC news ladies be such fangirls for Meghan and get a wave from her. The best part was that people were all smiling. I hope the couple, and any other couples, have a happy marriage. Happy weekend to all.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I liked Princes William and Harry in their First Order outfits.
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I thought that American priest was going to break out into some Beatles...All you need is love, love is all you need.
  • Options

For someone who dislikes the royals...hmmmm...you might be closet monarchist...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

For someone who dislikes the royals...hmmmm...you might be closet monarchist...
    Long live the Queen!
  • Options
    I don't know if you're taking the piss though, you do know your Star Wars yeah?
  • Options
    I didn't even know the the royal leech wedding was today ... darn. I missed it.  

And what's up with the UK's national anthem "God Save The Queen"...really...modernize it.  The UK can change their national anthem after they stick the old bitty in a home and cut the royals off from public money.  I wonder if the royal leeches even have a debit card.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Regarding Most Reverend Bishop Michael Curry.... 

:rofl::rofl::rofl: