Nirvana

I just sang unplugged and i swore i was Kurt Cobain but ya know I'm just shyner

I missed the other Nirvana thread. 

What's your favorite Nirvana moment ?

I'll take something's in the way and about a girl. 
I can play both on guitar. 

Love to all. 

Comments

  • ShynerShyner Posts: 789
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 21,105
    edited September 29
    I would loved to have seen Kurt do this:

    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • Favorite Nirvana moment? Hmmm?  I have two.

    When the bass hits Crist in the head when he threw it up in the air on National television and Where did you Sleep Last Night on Unplugged.

    Favorite studio?  Sliver and Radio Friendly Shifter Unit.

    Come as You Are will always be my Go To song though
  • Personal favorite moment:
    My sister used her weekly allowance late fall 1991 and picked up Nevermind on tape at the mall. I remember my Mom picking us up from the mall on that Friday night. She sat up front with Mom, slipped the newly purchased tape into the deck and 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' just seared through the car speakers. Head banging ensued but I didn't quite get into them heavily until In Utero - plus in 1992 I fell in love with Pearl Jam! Favorite song? I don't really have one to be honest. I actually like them all! I go in phases with their catalog, but my go to is Unplugged. I carried that tape around in my walkman most of my sophomore year of high school and into that summer.

    www.cluthelee.com
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 DetroitPosts: 638
    Favorite moment might have to be at a show in Texas where Kurt jumps into the crowd, the bouncer seems to push Kurt back as he's trying to get back on stage, and Kurt smacks the guy in the side of the head with his guitar.  

    Radio Friendly Unit Shifter is a great song.  My fav would have to be either Breed, or Very Ape.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,227
    My favourite Nirvana moment.   The VHS tape they put out, where Kurt squishes a lemon and says "with a twist of lemon".  I found that super humerous in my youth :)

    I wish I listened to Nirvana more, but they were such a shortlived band.  Bleach, Nevermind, Incesticide, and In Utero.

    After a while with a lack of new content, I started to listen to them less and less.  If I do turn them on it's usually bleach or unplugged.  I love the rawness of Bleach.  I also really like the punk covers on hormoaning/incesticide (Mollys Lips and Turnaround).  I play those all the time.

    I think I listened to Nevermind too much when I was younger.  It's like Ten.   I overplayed it, the radio overplayed it, so I rarely listen to it anymore.


  • Zod said:
    My favourite Nirvana moment.   The VHS tape they put out, where Kurt squishes a lemon and says "with a twist of lemon".  I found that super humerous in my youth :)

    I wish I listened to Nirvana more, but they were such a shortlived band.  Bleach, Nevermind, Incesticide, and In Utero.

    After a while with a lack of new content, I started to listen to them less and less.  If I do turn them on it's usually bleach or unplugged.  I love the rawness of Bleach.  I also really like the punk covers on hormoaning/incesticide (Mollys Lips and Turnaround).  I play those all the time.

    I think I listened to Nevermind too much when I was younger.  It's like Ten.   I overplayed it, the radio overplayed it, so I rarely listen to it anymore.


    Lack of new music was a real downer and why I stopped listening too, then You Know You're Right came out! 

    Man what a smack in the face it was to hear that voice in a song I wasn't familiar with!  To think that they only had one damn song like that is painful.  I had so much hope that there was more somewhere...
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,866
    edited September 30
    Aneurysm is my fave, "Come on over and do the twist!" That's pure genius in a punk rock song..
    Post edited by reesdog on
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 2,925
    reesdog said:
    Aneurysm is my fave, "Come on over and do the twist!" That's pure genius is a punk rock song..
    I always think of that song this time of year because it was released on 10/01. Played that a lot 21 years ago in my teenage heyday. Sad to think they'd already been done for 2 years at that point and Foo Fighters already had an album out.

    Always loved Polly, Dumb, All Apologies and The Man Who Sold the World. Really showed the beauty that Kurt's voice could reach. If I had to choose one it would be All Apologies. That and Daughter dominated radio in summer of '94. Two songs I never get tired of hearing.


    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    reesdog said:
    Aneurysm is my fave, "Come on over and do the twist!" That's pure genius is a punk rock song..
    I always think of that song this time of year because it was released on 10/01. Played that a lot 21 years ago in my teenage heyday. Sad to think they'd already been done for 2 years at that point and Foo Fighters already had an album out.

    Always loved Polly, Dumb, All Apologies and The Man Who Sold the World. Really showed the beauty that Kurt's voice could reach. If I had to choose one it would be All Apologies. That and Daughter dominated radio in summer of '94. Two songs I never get tired of hearing.


    My other Incesticide gem was this one.  I always loved the build up to it and the rumbling guitar.

    Thx for sharing.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,399
    I always thought Dive was an underrated tune on Incesticide. 
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,866
    I always thought Dive was an underrated tune on Incesticide. 
    Absolutely agree. In fact Incesticide is a very underrated album..
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • reesdog said:
    I always thought Dive was an underrated tune on Incesticide. 
    Absolutely agree. In fact Incesticide is a very underrated album..
    Yes, for sure.
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 789
    Best opener for any album up to this point in music shyner history. 
  • A Mike Patton FanA Mike Patton Fan Near MilwaukeePosts: 24
    This:

Sign In or Register to comment.