Options

Jamie's Pearl - GTL @ EV London 1.

IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
edited June 2017 in The Porch
Given To Live are taking Jamie to see Eddie Vedder at Hammersmith 6/6. 

Jamie's Pearl. 

A loving parent suffers their child's aches and pains. A cough turns into a fever and a parent's heart aches with questions that can only be answered when the fever has broken. 

Jamie and Rachel got in touch with Given To Live after their 10yo daughter Pearl had been diagnosed with metastatic Ewings Sarcoma, a serious form of bone cancer. Pearl is currently undergoing radiotherapy and further chemo.

They got in touch to see if GTL could take Pearl to a show - we will, we're working out a plan and the best show for Pearl with mum and dad. 

We have also offered mum and dad a show for them so they can have a night for themselves to have a break. They said yes, after all the treatment is over. 

Then we discovered Jamie is a Pearl Jam fan and that the family would be staying in London while Pearl is having radiotherapy at the same time Eddie Vedder is playing Hammersmith and Jamie could get away for the evening. 

So Jamie will be GTL's guest at Ed's show on the 6th. It won't make everything ok, it won't stop the agony and uncertainty, the powerlessness. 

But for a few hours music, Jamie's music, will be his companion. A companion that can loosen and dry tears, soothe an aching heart, whisper and gently embrace, let free the terror and rage at a world that right now is asking unutterable questions. 

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
Post edited by IamTom on

Comments

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,959
    Absolutely amazing. Such a great thing to do. 

Hope Jamie has a great evening and, more importantly, Pearl makes a speedy recovery. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    Best wishes. Can't imagine what its like.  
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2017
    Such a great thing to do x
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    Good for you for doing something great in the world right now. 
  • Options
    Good for you for doing something great in the world right now. 
    Thank you :) 
    It's always a privilege to be able to take someone to a show as everyone who comes through Given To Live has a struggle of some sort. Recently a leading teen/kid's cancer charity has found out about us and we've already received a few applications which are in progress and it feels very important to honour the parents as well. 

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    Super work T.....

Good luck on the crowd funder

• Options
    edited June 2017
    pdalowsky said:
    Super work T.....

Good luck on the crowd funder

Thanks Paul :) 

https://chuffed.org/project/given-to-live 
    Given To Live -