Options

Easy Street Records X Pearl Jam Pop-up shop officially opens today!

Comments

• Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 184
    mrussel1 said:

I'm a bit annoyed that they are selling them just below flipper prices. Sevens box is $200, Constitution Hall is $200..etc.

If you go by Discogs pricing $200 isn't too bad for Sevens, neither is $200 for Constitution Hall. Both average above $200 and don't have one currently for sale for less.

Still too rich for my blood though. I did however pick up a Mt. Baker for $100 (which is just a little over average), so I'm happy.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    bigjilm said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm a bit annoyed that they are selling them just below flipper prices. Sevens box is $200, Constitution Hall is $200..etc.

If you go by Discogs pricing $200 isn't too bad for Sevens, neither is $200 for Constitution Hall. Both average above $200 and don't have one currently for sale for less.

Still too rich for my blood though. I did however pick up a Mt. Baker for $100 (which is just a little over average), so I'm happy.

It's below but not retail. That was my point.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

bigjilm said:

mrussel1 said:

It's below but not retail. That was my point.
    True. I paid the flipper price 3 weeks ago for Imagine ($30. It was the last one I needed to complete the set), and they had at least 4 there today for $10. I was a bit bummed.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

My friend's there now. Here's some photos. :)

Your friend sent me the same photos!
    OOP records don't sell at retail prices....
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

OOP records don't sell at retail prices....
    What does out of print mean? All of these RSD's are out of print since they were one run. Tehy sold at retail prices today. If PJ owns the printing and distribution rights and they still have copies to sell, then they are just like any RSD release today. There's some irony in the pricing.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Cool dartboard
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

Did you expect face value?
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

From an organization that is so against flipping, bootlegging, etc... yeah kind of..
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    I agree that it's annoying to see something you want and then see such high prices, but any record store would sell such items for what they're worth. I assume that they were able to get those limited/out of print items from the band because of the good relationship they have. But the whole point of RSD is to support these local store so that they're able to survive. Even with the Vinyl resurgence, many of these stores that toughed it out through the hard times might finally be seeing a profit, which is great. It's not like these items were RSD items. They are older, and limited/out of print. The fact that the store even had them was pretty cool.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited April 2017
    Maan some really good merch there! Anyone able to get me that sub pop hoodie and shirt? I can help with EV Europe stuff?

A nice digital scan of that Rock n Roll Mural would be sweet wallpaper.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    mwplum said:

I agree that it's annoying to see something you want and then see such high prices, but any record store would sell such items for what they're worth. I assume that they were able to get those limited/out of print items from the band because of the good relationship they have. But the whole point of RSD is to support these local store so that they're able to survive. Even with the Vinyl resurgence, many of these stores that toughed it out through the hard times might finally be seeing a profit, which is great. It's not like these items were RSD items. They are older, and limited/out of print. The fact that the store even had them was pretty cool.

I'm fairly certain this was a PJ popup shop, not inventory that Easy Street owned.

Now the counter argument for the pricing is that perhaps the Band's management wanted to limit the likelihood these did get flipped, so they priced them to a point where it wasn't worth it to try. I could buy that argument if that was teh thought process.

They guy who took those photos above was texting me all morning. I bought him stuff at an east coast RSD and he did the same for me out west. I have Constitution Hall which is open, but if that was priced under 100 bucks, I would have had him buy it just for an extra copy since it's my favorite vault. But at $200, I said no way. A flipper could go through the same thought process.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    mwplum said:

And given how much the 10c charged for these items directly when running their own pop ups, there's no way to no know how much Easy Street acquired them for. I imagine Easy Streets markup was fairly small compared to 10c's markup on those out of print items.
  • Options
    Zod said:

mwplum said:

And given how much the 10c charged for these items directly when running their own pop ups, there's no way to no know how much Easy Street acquired them for. I imagine Easy Streets markup was fairly small compared to 10c's markup on those out of print items.
    Like I said above.. this was a PJ popup shop, according the guy who took the photos.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    mrussel1 said:

kramer73 said:

mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

From an organization that is so against flipping, bootlegging, etc... yeah kind of..
    Yes, but unfortunately what you call flipper prices is actual market value. These have been out too long to call them flipper prices. To sell them for face value at this point would be stupid.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

mrussel1 said:

kramer73 said:

mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

Yes, but unfortunately what you call flipper prices is actual market value. These have been out too long to call them flipper prices. To sell them for face value at this point would be stupid.
    Why not put a Reaper poster up for 225 or a Kong for 400? They obviously have them. Instead they are in the mystery box. Same concept though.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I'm fairly certain this was a PJ popup shop, not inventory that Easy Street owned.

This is exactly why I didn't sweat them having Imagine for $10 when I just bought it from Easy Street 3 weeks ago for $30.
  • Options
  • Options
    Record Store Day 2017 Wrap-Up & What's Left!
    http://easystreetonline.com/NewsItem/6852

We also did a soft opening of the very first and only PEARL JAM pop-up shop. Stay tuned for more news on this!
  • Options

Check out the new @EasyStRecords X @pearljam Pop-up shop. Officially opens today. #RRHOF https://t.co/WRtCnKaWjw

• Options
    easystreetrecords With any @pearljam purchase, we'll be giving away these original show posters for Free. While supplies last. Congrats on the #rocknrollhalloffame boys!

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Anyone going who can buy me some stuff and send me the goods????
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Video .. https://video.fyhz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/18211034_319840151766734_8790209110286008320_n.mp4?efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&oh=7dbad2a34403b7425b1a430f30612bc7&oe=590516FF

@ Easy Street Records

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Easy Street Records is proud to unveil in honor of their induction into the #RocknRollHallofFame – the first and only #PearlJam #PopUpShop! If you’re a fan of PJ you will definitely want to check it out. Hope to see you soon! Congrats to Pearl Jam – you’ve made #Seattle proud!

Video by: Ryan Cory
    Design by: Chaun Osburn
    Printing by: AlphaGraphics Seattle Printing and Marketing Services
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 538
    Is there any RRHOF specific shirts or posters?
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    If anyone is there and willing to help me on a few things...ill make it worth your while!
  • Options
    rival9500 said:

Is there any RRHOF specific shirts or posters?

I didn't see any.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Why can't we have something like this in the UK
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Might pop in later on and have a look, if we're heading to California Ave. It's Independent Bookstore Day in Seattle, so it's going to be a busy day...