Options

Easy Street Records X Pearl Jam Pop-up shop officially opens today!

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    edited April 2017
    Wish I lived in Seattle right now.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245

Actually glad I don't. I'd go broke :)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626

Might pop in later on and have a look, if we're heading to California Ave. It's Independent Bookstore Day in Seattle, so it's going to be a busy day...

Would you help me?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,903

Same here.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Vault, Sevens...What else?
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674

Are those bootlegs on the wall sanctioned by the band?
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Air23 said:

Vault, Sevens...What else?

It looks like a lot of stuff left over from the 25 days of Pearl Jam, when I stopped in today.
  • Options
    Do they have Into the wild OOP? Live on 2 legs?
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    I stopped in there at like noon today. Maybe I've been out of the PJ game for a little too long but I didn't really see anything that seemed too special. There were a lot of shirts that seemed like leftover 10 club stuff, a few vault vinyls, some baseball jerseys and hats, etc. Unless I completely missed something, I was underwhelmed. I wouldn't feel too bad about not being here.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    is that an ITW hat?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,205
    sherm said:

I stopped in there at like noon today. Maybe I've been out of the PJ game for a little too long but I didn't really see anything that seemed too special. There were a lot of shirts that seemed like leftover 10 club stuff, a few vault vinyls, some baseball jerseys and hats, etc. Unless I completely missed something, I was underwhelmed. I wouldn't feel too bad about not being here.

That's kind of what PJ pop ups are. 10c brings over leftovers from the warehouse. If you're trying to find stuff that's out of print or no longer for sale they can be interesting. If you've been collecting PJ stuff for years you probably won't see anything that reinvents the wheel.
  • Options
    Anyone get an original show poster?
  • Options
    Any sweet scores this weekend?
  • Options
    A friend of mine got me a Vault #3. Missed Into the wild
  • Options
    Damn! I needed help
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    I was just there. They have 2 copies each of Into the Wild ($200) and Ukulele Songs ($100).
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    DoDaFoo said:

I was just there. They have 2 copies each of Into the Wild ($200) and Ukulele Songs ($100).

So pretty much current retail prices.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    DoDaFoo said:

If anybody goes there and grabs me a Into the wild I will pay soon for it and my friend living in Washington state will collect the vinyl later. Any help would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,205
    Is the MOV re-release of into the wild that bad, that people are willing to pay $200 for the original pressing? I thought MOV usually did a pretty decent job.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Didn't buy anything this time but had a look around in the evening. Nice to meet Matt Vaughan, the record store owner.
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Nothing beats the pop up shops at the showbox. This just looks like a spring cleaning of the stuff that didn't sell and they have excess of. The showbox ones where amazing and able to get the hard to find stuff and a good price. Most the albums are at market prices.
  • Options
    I have the MOV release and it sounds good to me.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Zod said:

Is the MOV re-release of into the wild that bad, that people are willing to pay $200 for the original pressing? I thought MOV usually did a pretty decent job.

It's fine. I paid $25 for it.
  • Options
    @ImSteveMigs If you are a big @PearlJam fan like I am.... you need to swing by @EasyStRecords and check out their #PearlJam pop-up store! It's awesome!

• Options
    @PearlJam The new @EasyStRecords X #PearlJam Pop-up Shop is officially open! Be sure to stop by if you're in the #Seattle area. #RockHall2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMAJvr4r1-o
  • Options
    Anyone know if they are still giving out those freebie posters when you purchase a Pearl Jam item at Easy Street? 
  • Options
    New slipmat from Easy Street is pretty freaking sweet! :)

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    demetrios said:
    Anyone know if they are still giving out those freebie posters when you purchase a Pearl Jam item at Easy Street? 

I don't think so, I went the day of and didn't get a poster.
  • Options
    I picked up the Seattle bands slipmat. So awesome.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    Zod said:
    I can't imagine that the vinyl films release is substantially better than the MOV.  I think the MOV is a really, really good sounding album and I'm very picky and critical of sound quality.  The one at Easy Street isn't even the picture disc version, which could justify a higher price (much higher), but unless you are a straight up collector, the diff in price between Vinyl Films and MOV cannot be worth it.  
    I do believe you get the 7" with teh one at Easy Street though...