Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Binaural Round 4

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Grievance
    PJ_Soul said:

MedozK said:

Can't believe Grievance made it to the semi-finals and NAIS didn't.

grrrrrrrrrr...
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,810
    Insignificance
    I take a few days off from here to start my move and you all have gone nuts and toasted the Binaural poll.
    That most can't grasp the true angst and awesomeness of Breakerfall is and always will be mind boggling to me. Rival gone first round :open_mouth:.
    And now voting Of the Girl off! :angry: To anyone calling is simple, you clearly don't get the nuances that make that song great. It's tempo it one of the best parts of it.
    I have had the worst time picking any song off this album but I have to say leaving Insignificance in the final is just wrong. There are three songs there that bury it.

*sigh* these polls have definitely shown that I just don't run with the regular crowd at all.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Insignificance

I take a few days off from here to start my move and you all have gone nuts and toasted the Binaural poll.
    That most can't grasp the true angst and awesomeness of Breakerfall is and always will be mind boggling to me. Rival gone first round :open_mouth:.
    And now voting Of the Girl off! :angry: To anyone calling is simple, you clearly don't get the nuances that make that song great. It's tempo it one of the best parts of it.
    I have had the worst time picking any song off this album but I have to say leaving Insignificance in the final is just wrong. There are three songs there that bury it.

*sigh* these polls have definitely shown that I just don't run with the regular crowd at all.

Wow. Unbelievably tight 'final four'.

I agree that Insignificance is weak sauce (I was voting for it to go last round). I agree that people have been smoking way too much dope prior to voting.

I'll vote Light Years and try and help it win so that the people who voted off the good songs (SOH and Of the Girl) are forced to look at what they've done.

When the 'best of the best' round starts... the first song voted off will be Insignificance/ Light Years. Well... maybe the Fixer. Who knows?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Insignificance
    Judging by popular vote so far, it's looking like just breathe for the backspacer win :sick:

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737

Or that there is no regular crowd, at least among 10 clubbers. Crowds are overrated anyways.

And this is why Binaural is (and these polls are) amazing. If I had been forced to bet, I would have probably put money on one of Breakerfall, Thin Air, Grievance or Sleight of Hand. And I'd have been so wrong.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    Insignificance
    Of The Girl for the win.

Round 3 was brutal as far as the songs that didn't make the cut. Can't believe those got axed and others didn't. And Rival going down in the first round?? Folks need to clean out their ears :wink: Love all the differences in opinion.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560
    edited April 2017
    Grievance
    good griefance, this is still here?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Grievance
    Nothing As It Seems not being here is a travesty.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Of The Girl
    How does the best song out of the 4 remaining have the most votes??
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,357
    Grievance

I'll vote Light Years and try and help it win so that the people who voted off the good songs (SOH and Of the Girl) are forced to look at what they've done.
    Just remember that if you vote FOR Light Years you're trying to help it LOSE.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Of The Girl
    rummy said:

dirty doesn't understand basic instructions. it's not like we did this with the first five albums...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Light Years

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?? Ive felt so alone without you!!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Light Years

Judging by popular vote so far, it's looking like just breathe for the backspacer win :sick:

I was thinking the same thing the other day. 10C members appear to be getting soft in their old age
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Insignificance

Of the Girl doesn't have the most votes.

• Options
    Insignificance

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?? Ive felt so alone without you!!!
    I know, I'm sorry I'm in the process of moving. Of course they move on to Binaural when I'm insanely busy and on the road a ton.

And then these crazy people voted off Breakerfall! I literally can't even! :wink:

• Options
    Insignificance
    rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

dirty doesn't understand basic instructions. it's not like we did this with the first five albums...
    I knooooow I'm in a Burger King.

I'm going to vote Light Year so that Insignificance- the most ridiculous finalist yet and the song in question for those exchanges- wins.

Ya dorks.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    edited April 2017
    Of The Girl

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

I'm going to vote Light Year so that Insignificance- the most ridiculous finalist yet and the song in question for those exchanges- wins.

Ya dorks.
    bk?! I thought you ate healthy. I almost had to hemlich myself yesterday because I choked on a goddamn spinach stem from a mcdonald's salad.

agree that insignificance is weak. The song has always fell flat live imo. I hate that "dramatic" pause/fake ending toward the end of the song.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    Light Years
    Jbarker said:

good griefance, this is still here?

Best song on the album :wink:
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    Of The Girl
    Obviously, Binaural voting is the beginning of fucked up winners. I wonder if we would have the same finalists if we did this album again. Very disappointed in Rival, SoH, Breakerfall and PW going too soon. Breakerfall is such an underrated song and even better live.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 248
    edited April 2017
    Favorite album, can't vote
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2017
    Insignificance
    mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

Ya dorks.
    bk?! I thought you ate healthy. I almost had to hemlich myself yesterday because I choked on a goddamn spinach stem from a mcdonald's salad.

agree that insignificance is weak. The song has always fell flat live imo. I hate that "dramatic" pause/fake ending toward the end of the song.
    It's from some stupid commercial a ways back where the hidden camera'd some people. I don't eat there. Ever.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,357
    Grievance

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

Ya dorks.
    Okay but I just found this quote from you from the Yield finals:
    I think I just f**ked up my vote.
    I don't think it would have made a difference. GTF is an unreal song as well.
    Yield. What a great album.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Insignificance
    Lets go folks, cast those votes for Insignificance. Cant have Of the Girl being thrown away like this.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Insignificance
    JimmyV said:

Nothing As It Seems not being here is a travesty.

Amen
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Insignificance

I can't grasp this either. I do like Light Years and Of the Girl a lot, but Grievance having more votes than Insignificance (by a lot) is mind blowing.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    MF658872 said:

Favorite album, can't vote

I'm with you. I think I've sat out of the vote a couple times on Binaural. Didn't have that issue on the other albums. But now that my personal favorites are missing, it's especially difficult. Maybe we can tell ourselves that each round is like a new EP. Try to forget the ones that were left behind. Looking at the field... when push comes to shove, there MUST be a weaker link, right?

(If I sound unconvinced of my own logic, it's because I am.)
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    Light Years
    How is Light Years winning? By far the weakest of the four left IMO.
  • Options
    Light Years

How is Light Years winning? By far the weakest of the four left IMO.

Completely agree. I'm perplexed
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 248
    I'm very surprised that Nothing as It Seems was eliminated, thought the final two would be Nothing as It Seems and Of the Girl
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
This discussion has been closed.