Options

23 Years since Atlanta 1994 - Best Concert Ever!!! Pearl Jam Fox Theatre, Atlanta Georgia 4/3/1994

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,504
Still my go to drive album. Part of my wishes there was video of this show out there and part of me wishes that there isn't simply so that I can let my imagination take over and dream what it was like to be there.

I was reading on the discogs site that before Release was played on that radio broadcast, the actual first cut is An Ending (Ascent). What is that? Never new that before.

I really wish PJ would do some more live radio broadcasts. Maybe even the Hot Stove Cool Music playing as a radio broadcast and someone can sponsor it for the charity work that they're doing.

I'm going to play this album in my car today (I'm a day early but that's fine).

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Great show
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Awesome boot! I remember taping this off the radio.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Wow great memory. I remember being home for spring break and taping this on my parents stereo.
    I think there is video of it OP. Didn't they play some video from it at PJ20 at the museum?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    Why isn't all three discs on Spotify? :(
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I don't think they played any at PJ20, not to my knowledge.

Happy Anniversary Atlanta 1994! Best WMA ever. Doug Pinnick of King's X. and Satan's Bed!!!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048

I don't think they played any at PJ20, not to my knowledge.

I'm pretty sure it was playing on a monitor somewhere. Maybe the entrance to the PJ 20 museum? I forget
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 458

Still my go to drive album. Part of my wishes there was video of this show out there and part of me wishes that there isn't simply so that I can let my imagination take over and dream what it was like to be there.

I was reading on the discogs site that before Release was played on that radio broadcast, the actual first cut is An Ending (Ascent). What is that? Never new that before.

I really wish PJ would do some more live radio broadcasts. Maybe even the Hot Stove Cool Music playing as a radio broadcast and someone can sponsor it for the charity work that they're doing.

I'm going to play this album in my car today (I'm a day early but that's fine).

The intro music for the show was "An ending (ascent)" by Brian Eno.
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Best Porch in my opinion
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    Dr DapsoyDr Dapsoy Posts: 70
    I taped it off the radio too. I still have the tapes (and the Self Pollution show the following year too) Is there a version of this show that circulates with the Brian Eno intro track? The cover art for the Australian promo CD lists the opening track as "Ambience" prior to "Release," but any version I've found starts right at Release.
    1996: Randall's Island 1
    1998: MSG 1
    2000: Jones Beach 1
    2003: Uniondale, MSG 1
    2006: Camden
    2013: Brooklyn 2
    2016: Boston 1
  • Options
    Dr., there are so many recordings out there of both Atlanta 1994 shows (one was on radio) that there must be recordings of the Ascent opening.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Dr Dapsoy said:

I taped it off the radio too. I still have the tapes (and the Self Pollution show the following year too) Is there a version of this show that circulates with the Brian Eno intro track? The cover art for the Australian promo CD lists the opening track as "Ambience" prior to "Release," but any version I've found starts right at Release.

Dr., there are so many recordings out there of both Atlanta 1994 shows (one was on radio) that there must be recordings of the Ascent opening.

There is .. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/236533/3-disc-version-of-04-03-94-atlanta-with-evs-dj-set