Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:'s

my2hands said:
    The embarrassment is 60+ million morons will vote for him in 2020... if he makes it
    He's not going to make it but if he does, no way he gets 60+ million votes. He loses re-election in a landslide. The emperor has no clothes.
    I hope you're right... but that's what I said the first time around. I'll never underestimate America's capacity for doing the wrong thing ever again.
    Friendly reminder: he lost the popular vote by 3 million... the wacky electoral college system handed him the presidency,  not the American voters

Im not making excuses for the 60 million dipshits that voted for him, I'm just saying he was elected and governs with minority support, not the majority
    People like to point that out...as if it's not still going to be in place in the future.  He'll probably lose the popular vote in 2020, but that doesn't mean he'll lose the election.  The electoral college will never go away. And, at least given the current landscape, will always favor more conservative and populist candidates.  After 2016, I am astonished to see anyone think he has no chance in 2020.
    That wasn't my point at all... dont give a shit about the EC... 

The point is I'm tired of America as a whole to be labeled and looked down upon because of this idiot... the majority of Americans didn't even vote for him... he represents a minority..  and that minority gets slimmer by the day...

America was the first western white nation to elect a minority person of color as its leader... with a majority both times... give me a ring when Canada or Europe does that shit, i'm not holding my breath... 

I'm not going to let Donald Trump define America 
    haha, clinging to 'we elected a black person so we're not that bad' eh? ok. haha. problem is, canada  never got to the point where the pendulum swung so far to the shit that it inevitably came back to the diamond. america did that. and now it's back to shit. 

not gloating, just find it funny when you lift up america's political/social climate or progressiveness over the rest of the west because of two elections, ignoring everything since and before. that's cherry picking at its finest. 

many european and other nations have had a female leader, many going decades back. canada had a female pm, albeit for a short period,in the 90's. and pj soul pointed out, the current leader of the ndp is a sikh.    

We have never elected a woman PM ... yes Kim Campbell was PM for 6 months or so only because Mulroney stepped down.  There is a tremendous difference from being elected or just winning the party nomination that no one really wanted at the time...in the end she was the scapegoat for the Mulroney years.
    did I say we elected her?
    Please, do not discount Canada’s rascist past either, how many First Nations people have lead a major party into an election?  Isn’t diversity our strength, I heard that somewhere, except when it comes to leading major political parties.  As for Campbell she is an extrembly weak example...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:
    The embarrassment is 60+ million morons will vote for him in 2020... if he makes it
    He's not going to make it but if he does, no way he gets 60+ million votes. He loses re-election in a landslide. The emperor has no clothes.
    I hope you're right... but that's what I said the first time around. I'll never underestimate America's capacity for doing the wrong thing ever again.
    Friendly reminder: he lost the popular vote by 3 million... the wacky electoral college system handed him the presidency,  not the American voters

Im not making excuses for the 60 million dipshits that voted for him, I'm just saying he was elected and governs with minority support, not the majority
    People like to point that out...as if it's not still going to be in place in the future.  He'll probably lose the popular vote in 2020, but that doesn't mean he'll lose the election.  The electoral college will never go away. And, at least given the current landscape, will always favor more conservative and populist candidates.  After 2016, I am astonished to see anyone think he has no chance in 2020.

The point is I'm tired of America as a whole to be labeled and looked down upon because of this idiot... the majority of Americans didn't even vote for him... he represents a minority..  and that minority gets slimmer by the day...

America was the first western white nation to elect a minority person of color as its leader... with a majority both times... give me a ring when Canada or Europe does that shit, i'm not holding my breath... 

haha, clinging to 'we elected a black person so we're not that bad' eh? ok. haha. problem is, canada  never got to the point where the pendulum swung so far to the shit that it inevitably came back to the diamond. america did that. and now it's back to shit. 

not gloating, just find it funny when you lift up america's political/social climate or progressiveness over the rest of the west because of two elections, ignoring everything since and before. that's cherry picking at its finest. 

many european and other nations have had a female leader, many going decades back. canada had a female pm, albeit for a short period,in the 90's. and pj soul pointed out, the current leader of the ndp is a sikh.    

We have never elected a woman PM ... yes Kim Campbell was PM for 6 months or so only because Mulroney stepped down.  There is a tremendous difference from being elected or just winning the party nomination that no one really wanted at the time...in the end she was the scapegoat for the Mulroney years.
    did I say we elected her?
    Please, do not discount Canada’s rascist past either, how many First Nations people have lead a major party into an election?  Isn’t diversity our strength, I heard that somewhere, except when it comes to leading major political parties.  As for Campbell she is an extrembly weak example...

lol. I don't. canada was just as bad. if not worse. 

i was merely responding to someone who thinks 'murica is the greatest thing ever. it's absurd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Someone here was claiming America is the greatest thing ever?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    edited April 2018
    Donny seems a little worried this morning with all his ridiculous tweets.  This fucking idiot has no idea what he's doing.  Same tweets everyday...

1.  Don't like whats being said just call it "fake news"
    2. Blame Clinton (pick one)
    3. Blame Obama
    4. Make up "facts" and claim how great he is even if its 100% false
    5. Tell everyone how great America is doing and winning with zero facts to back it up

He literally has no other strategies than these 5.  Damn this guy is just awful.  I'd call it laughable but its actually very scary that anybody supports this moron and all his lies and narcissism.

Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    JimmyV said:
    what does this statement say to you:

the planet is also obsessed with America and importing our culture and way of life... you worship at the altar of our celebrity... whether you like it or not... you obsess about our politics... you obsess about our music... you obsess about our movies... you obsess about our innovations... 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Donny seems a little worried this morning with all his ridiculous tweets.  This fucking idiot has no idea what he's doing.  Same tweets everyday...

1.  Don't like whats being said just call it "fake news"
    2. Blame Clinton (pick one)
    3. Blame Obama
    4. Make up "facts" and claim how great he is even if its 100% false
    5. Tell everyone how great America is doing and winning with zero facts to back it up

Makes me long for the days when he was just rambling about Rosie O'Donnell in the middle of a presidential debate.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    what does this statement say to you:

the planet is also obsessed with America and importing our culture and way of life... you worship at the altar of our celebrity... whether you like it or not... you obsess about our politics... you obsess about our music... you obsess about our movies... you obsess about our innovations... 
    That American culture is a large part of international culture? Or something like that?

It doesn't say that "murica is the greatest thing ever."

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    The people that have claimed America is the greatest thing ever are pretty much all banned or gone at this point. I have not seen anyone touting we're the best ever, but we're also not just some festering, war mongering, racist, bias, xenophobic, gun loving country, which seems to be the theme lately. We spend most of the time ragging on all of those things I just mentioned because they are clearly problems in this country yet. So you get one person trying to argue for the positives and it is immediately perceived as a claim to the US being the greatest ever? The poster even admitted there are several issues with the US as a disclaimer.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Scooter Libby is a name I hoped to never hear again.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Its looney tunes that Trump pardoned Scooter Libby. Why now?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that he is sending a message to any future witnesses against him to hold tight and keep their mouths shut because he will have their backs with pardons later.

Obvious obstruction.

• Options
    “I don’t know Mr. Libby but for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.” - Donald Trump

So basically...

"I don't really know this dude but I heard on Fox News a few times that he got a raw deal. So when we started looking around for a way to let future witnesses against me know pardons are on the table, he seemed like the right guy in the right place at the right time."

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited April 2018
    The pardon is also a finger in the eye of James Comey who appointed special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, who prosecuted Libby. 

It also dangles pardons to anyone who has to testify in the current investigation of Russian election interference or newly suspected possible crimes.

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    edited April 2018
    Sleaze. Any Trump supporters want to clear up what they think the goal is here with the Libby pardon?

Interesting take from over a year ago on why Trump should pardon Libby.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-can-correct-a-bush-error-1485123051
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I honestly forgot Kellyanne Conway was even still working there.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited April 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    OnWis97 said:
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I've been to Canada bro, it's about as diverse as a Trump Country Club... 2% black and 1% hispanic? Lol, Life is simple when everybody looks the same... shit gets tricky when you're a melting pot full of 300 million... someone earlier said the American experiment has failed... that's bullshit... America is a beautiful country, full of diversity and different cultures... full of besutiful landscape and amazing people... it has made many contributions to the planet and will continue to do so... this guy just happens to not be one of them lol

I dont excuse the faults of my country, or this orange dipshit, but the holier than thou vibe from Canadians on here has become a tad annoying to be honest

Didn't the largest city in Canada elect a fucking crackhead? Lol

Not at all sure what you're trying to achieve here, but we're not the ones who brought other countries up as a comparison, lol. All we're doing is setting the record straight because it was claimed that America is somehow further along when it comes to diversity in government because of Obama. Also, your views on visible minorities in Canada is WAY off. 23% of canada's population is a visible minority. You're right, there aren't many Hispanics or black people (but more all the time) ... But there are some and loads of different ethnicities in Canada. Hell, in Vancouver visible "minorities" are actually the majority now. So are you saying we can't understand American racism because we don't have enough of the two ethnicities that suffer the most racism in America, or what? Please clarify.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    The swamp needed drained, but not refilled with organized crime.  This is nuts
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    This guy and his cartel were never going to drain any swamp.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    JimmyV said:
    I never thought they would....but that doesn't mean that their rhetoric was wrong...just they weren't the ones to do it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    tbergs said:
    Sleaze. Any Trump supporters want to clear up what they think the goal is here with the Libby pardon?

Interesting take from over a year ago on why Trump should pardon Libby.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-can-correct-a-bush-error-1485123051
    Virtue signaling.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    JimmyV said:
    I never thought they would....but that doesn't mean that their rhetoric was wrong...just they weren't the ones to do it.
    The slogan was superficial and meaningless. Only done to play to people’s emotions. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    Welcome to the Team Trump Treason Administration 

http://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_9e8e1337ca0d16a2826f6cc8071c1d2a

Yea, but he’s not racist, not at all.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629

“Obama did it too” probably won’t work here. 
  • Options

Is this administration even remotely concerned for its image and more importantly the US public it serves?

I feel that it is representing itself for the values they endorse and couldn't give two shits about 'playing politics'. They're not trying to be diplomatic at all- they're saying "F**k you" to people like yourself (which I also feel is the majority). 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520

Is this administration even remotely concerned for its image and more importantly the US public it serves?

I feel that it is representing itself for the values they endorse and couldn't give two shits about 'playing politics'. They're not trying to be diplomatic at all- they're saying "F**k you" to people like yourself (which I also feel is the majority). 
    With their ignorant racist base it doesn't matter what they say or do.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Syrian missile strikes launched by US, Britain, France. Just a few minutes ago apparently.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
     We're wagging the dog in Syria. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    A sitting POTUS just called his former head of FBI a slimeball in official communications.

You feel shame.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
This discussion has been closed.