Options

Pearl Jam - State of Love & Trust / Breath 7" Record Store Day '17

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    My local Taz Records put in an order for some Pearl Jam.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013

Let's not forget that there are some of us that don't live anywhere remotely close to an indie record store. So while the RSD concept is cute, the reality is we rely on it being online to have any chance of getting it. Nobody should ever be rewarded solely because of where they live.

Sure they can be, there's "rewards" wherever you live. I lived most of my life in San Diego or LA. I loved the beach, food, culture, and especially music. Moved to Colorado 4 years ago and there's some trade offs. The toughest part for me was the LB tour, where I had to drive an hour an half to get 1 show in Denver. I'm used to 3, 4 or 5 shows I can drive to. Not as many live music options here compared to what I'm used to.
    But my 5-bedroom house on 1/3 acre lot is less that my half of the rent I shared in a 2-bedroom apartment in LA, and that includes taxes, insurance and interest. Someone who doesn't care about culture and music would say I'm being rewarded for where I live.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Let's not forget that there are some of us that don't live anywhere remotely close to an indie record store. So while the RSD concept is cute, the reality is we rely on it being online to have any chance of getting it. Nobody should ever be rewarded solely because of where they live.

Sure they can be, there's "rewards" wherever you live. I lived most of my life in San Diego or LA. I loved the beach, food, culture, and especially music. Moved to Colorado 4 years ago and there's some trade offs. The toughest part for me was the LB tour, where I had to drive an hour an half to get 1 show in Denver. I'm used to 3, 4 or 5 shows I can drive to. Not as many live music options here compared to what I'm used to.
    But my 5-bedroom house on 1/3 acre lot is less that my half of the rent I shared in a 2-bedroom apartment in LA, and that includes taxes, insurance and interest. Someone who doesn't care about culture and music would say I'm being rewarded for where I live.
    Okay well obviously there are benefits to choosing certain things that we are able to do so as adults. I was referring more to goods and services. And even with that I know there are going to be way more options in larger cities than smaller towns. I shouldn't have made it sound like a blanket statement.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    My local record shop has told me they have ordered some,but limited to 1 per customer. Have to be in line early I guess. Some good albums out this year.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    I've emailed a couple of shops in my area but none have got back to me.. This is gonna be out in the UK isn't it?? Just making sure.. Plus if there is any one in the UK that can get a spare one that they would be willing to send to me I'd really appreciate it..
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,017

I've emailed a couple of shops in my area but none have got back to me.. This is gonna be out in the UK isn't it?? Just making sure.. Plus if there is any one in the UK that can get a spare one that they would be willing to send to me I'd really appreciate it..

It's coming to Sweden. So it should.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I've got RSD that morning and then an hour and a half drive over to Tulsa for the A Perfect Circle show that night. Gonna be a good day.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Yes it'll be out in the UK.

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-releases/rsd-2017/pearl-jam/

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    bflynn1 said:

I've got RSD that morning and then an hour and a half drive over to Tulsa for the A Perfect Circle show that night. Gonna be a good day.

That's a good day right there!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Was crossing fingers that Sunrise will re-open the old HMV doors in time for RSD. Still empty and dark.
    Not a fan of RSD, but I like going the day after.
  • Options
    Jbarker said:

Was crossing fingers that Sunrise will re-open the old HMV doors in time for RSD. Still empty and dark.
    Not a fan of RSD, but I like going the day after.

I'm not a fan or RSD either. If your job is flipping vinyl records though RSD is the greatest day of the year for you.

Already many Pearl Jam RSD '17 are flipping on eBay. The one from Columbus, Ohio, United States has the most up. The user singin_the_blues . Check out all the RSD listings with the following images ..

If you check eBay history he's already sold 3 PJ RSD titles & still selling more.

I just LOVE whoever is distributing Pearl Jam's music to. :/
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Will also be on sale over @ http://www.resident-music.com/ .. UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01KYA8XqKNQaThXbGdoQlo2ZVU/view .. PDF ..
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Anyone paying more than $15 for this on ebay deserves to get ripped off.

This is their idiot tax for the year
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

haha, agree
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    https://www.thornburyrecords.com/record-store-day-2017-releases/3268-pearl-jam-state-of-love-and-trust-breath.html

MedozK said:

haha, agree
    They will probably be $15+ CDN in many Canadian record stores, what with the low currency & stores charging more to customers.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    This and now I hear Rush is going to have a single. God damn it I'm gonna have to go now.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    demetrios said:

Will also be on sale over @ http://www.resident-music.com/ .. UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01KYA8XqKNQaThXbGdoQlo2ZVU/view .. PDF ..
    andyrew46 said:
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    Has anywhere else posted that its a double 45? Or just Resident? Sorry, havnt gone through this whole thread. Thinking maybe they confused "double A-side" and put "2 x 7-inch" instead.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    New to this, but how can i find out where a Record store near me has this, BEFORE RSD?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,405
    cutz said:

New to this, but how can i find out where a Record store near me has this, BEFORE RSD?

I don't think they're selling it before RSD.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Yes, i understand that.

I wanted to know what store has ordered it before RSD, so i know what record store to go to.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,017
    cutz said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Yes, i understand that.

I wanted to know what store has ordered it before RSD, so i know what record store to go to.
    At least in Sweden you can, on the RSD homepage, see what stores are participating.

I also emailed my store to see if they were getting everything.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Via 10club newsletter ..

RSD Single

Record Store Day is April 22nd. Visit your local store or check back here https://pearljam.com/shop/music for the Double A-sided Limited Edition 7" of State of Love and Trust/Breath.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604

Has anywhere else posted that its a double 45? Or just Resident? Sorry, havnt gone through this whole thread. Thinking maybe they confused "double A-side" and put "2 x 7-inch" instead.

Wouldn't "double-A sided" mean 2x 7 inch? Or both songs are on the A-side. I'm guessing the latter, since it's only going to cost around 10 bucks.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    cutz said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Yes, i understand that.

recordstoreday.com has a listing of participating record stores.
  • Options
    cutz said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Yes, i understand that.

Please note that even if they order it, there is no guarantee that they'll get it. My store has been skunked by things with large pressing runs, and they order a TON of stuff for RSD.
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    kramer73 said:

Wouldn't "double-A sided" mean 2x 7 inch? Or both songs are on the A-side. I'm guessing the latter, since it's only going to cost around 10 bucks.
    One song per side, Double A side basically means that both songs were to be played on the radio (back in the day when they played vinyl)
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Enzed said:

kramer73 said:

One song per side, Double A side basically means that both songs were to be played on the radio (back in the day when they played vinyl)
    I learned something new. Thanks!
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    Enzed said:

kramer73 said:

funny, is they are listing as a 2x7" and will create problems for sure!
    classic
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22