Options

Has the Race Card/ Political Correctness gone too far ?

Comments

• Options
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

in this case, I would say so. But that doesn't mean there isn't STILL legitimateinjustices perpetrated daily.

my personal view on political correctness is its really about basic human decency and respect toward another human being. I can't see how exactly thats a bad thing?

That isn't a bad thing.
    I think the problem some see with PC going to far is too many are overly sensitive to it. You can't bring up fatherless homes when talking about black crimes or someone will accuse you of being racist.
    When I was in college I was having a friendly conversation with 2 coworkers and the word "ghetto" was used. My white friend and I were written up and given a serious warning (like almost lost our job) for using racial slurs, and when we asked why the third person wasn't in trouble our manager responded "because she's black, she's allowed to use that word." I think that was my first personal experience of serious over PC reaction. Here we are some 20 year old kids having a friendly conversation on a lunch break, and our job was threatened because we were white and used the word "ghetto" to describe something, then were told our black coworker can use it since she's black.
    Probably don't need to mention I didn't have a good relationship with my manager after that and didn't give a crap about my job after that and my work productivity quickly declined.
    that scenario depends on how the argument is framed though doesn't it? in what way was that convo framed? what was the context?

on the surface, a misapplication of hr protocols is what it sounds like to me. also got to ask, just how long ago was this?
    I don't even remember context, this was 12 years ago or so. Back when the word "ghetto" was used often to describe something shady, you know like if your bumper starts to fall off and you keep it together with duct tape, that's ghetto. It was something like that, innocent conversati0on, nothing to do with race or anything. I'm pretty sure the 2 of us who got into trouble weren't even the first ones to use it, it was our black friend who got a free pass for being black who used it and we just continued the conversation. And to get into as much trouble as we did was ridiculous. To take such offense to an innocent conversation like that just blew my mind at the time. Especially since I remember our defense being we didn't even use the word first (even though I didn't think anything wrong with it at the time anyway) and him following back with "that is our word, you can't have it).

I felt like I got my revenge a month later. It was a job on campus and we had to sign up when we had finals so they wouldn't schedule us. I accidentally said I had PM finals and could work the AM shift. It was reversed, but didn't realized I wrote it down wrong. So I show up for the PM shift (having taking a final that morning) and immediate get my rear end handed to me. In 4 years working this same job, and this was a relatively new manager, this was the one and only time I missed a shift or was even late. The only other incident I ever had was using the word ghetto a few weeks early, but got along great with all our previous managers. So when I realized I wrote down the wrong times I apologized several times, but he kept chewing me out and said this is my second strike and to not let there be a third or I'm gone. He then immediately changes his attitude and says "but since its finals we're really short staffed right now and I could really use your help if you stay, everyone else ha PM finals today." My response was "so you mean I wasn't scheduled to work right? see you tomorrow."

Context is everything. And if you don't remember the context, why bring it up? Still feeling aggrieved from an injustice of 12 years ago?
    Could you provide me with a context where it is appropriate for a supervisor to tell 2 employees they are being written up for a word they used since they are white, and the third employee, involved in the same discussion, is told it is okay to use that word because he is black? Same context, even same discussion, all 3 were friends. I cant think of any where that would be appropriate (if it was the N word then maybe, but we're talking about saying the word "ghetto").
    And I did tell you the context of the discussion, we were referring to something being "ghetto" as is being sketchy. I'm sure everyone remembers that being a common phrase back then, and to write 2 employees up for racial slurs while giving a third a free pass I think is ridiculous. What exactly it was we called ghetto I don't remember, but that was the word used and the context in which it was used.
    Would I now describe something as "ghetto"? Probably not, but a racial slur? no. And the topic of this thread was has PC gone too far, and I think this is one example where it has.
    And yeah I was pissed off, in 4 years this was the first incident I had of any kind and I didn't take being called a racist lightly.
    What was the "something" being referred to? You don't remember so why bring it up? And yes, I can think of "context" where the reference to "ghetto" would be racist. That you can't seem to understand how the term, regardless of context, might be offensive to some is telling. Did your African American friend come to you and your other friend's defense? Maybe he was offended but wasn't able to speak up, being a minority and all and able to get a free pass?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited February 2017

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

in this case, I would say so. But that doesn't mean there isn't STILL legitimateinjustices perpetrated daily.

my personal view on political correctness is its really about basic human decency and respect toward another human being. I can't see how exactly thats a bad thing?

That isn't a bad thing.
    I think the problem some see with PC going to far is too many are overly sensitive to it. You can't bring up fatherless homes when talking about black crimes or someone will accuse you of being racist.
    When I was in college I was having a friendly conversation with 2 coworkers and the word "ghetto" was used. My white friend and I were written up and given a serious warning (like almost lost our job) for using racial slurs, and when we asked why the third person wasn't in trouble our manager responded "because she's black, she's allowed to use that word." I think that was my first personal experience of serious over PC reaction. Here we are some 20 year old kids having a friendly conversation on a lunch break, and our job was threatened because we were white and used the word "ghetto" to describe something, then were told our black coworker can use it since she's black.
    Probably don't need to mention I didn't have a good relationship with my manager after that and didn't give a crap about my job after that and my work productivity quickly declined.
    that scenario depends on how the argument is framed though doesn't it? in what way was that convo framed? what was the context?

on the surface, a misapplication of hr protocols is what it sounds like to me. also got to ask, just how long ago was this?
    I don't even remember context, this was 12 years ago or so. Back when the word "ghetto" was used often to describe something shady, you know like if your bumper starts to fall off and you keep it together with duct tape, that's ghetto. It was something like that, innocent conversati0on, nothing to do with race or anything. I'm pretty sure the 2 of us who got into trouble weren't even the first ones to use it, it was our black friend who got a free pass for being black who used it and we just continued the conversation. And to get into as much trouble as we did was ridiculous. To take such offense to an innocent conversation like that just blew my mind at the time. Especially since I remember our defense being we didn't even use the word first (even though I didn't think anything wrong with it at the time anyway) and him following back with "that is our word, you can't have it).

I felt like I got my revenge a month later. It was a job on campus and we had to sign up when we had finals so they wouldn't schedule us. I accidentally said I had PM finals and could work the AM shift. It was reversed, but didn't realized I wrote it down wrong. So I show up for the PM shift (having taking a final that morning) and immediate get my rear end handed to me. In 4 years working this same job, and this was a relatively new manager, this was the one and only time I missed a shift or was even late. The only other incident I ever had was using the word ghetto a few weeks early, but got along great with all our previous managers. So when I realized I wrote down the wrong times I apologized several times, but he kept chewing me out and said this is my second strike and to not let there be a third or I'm gone. He then immediately changes his attitude and says "but since its finals we're really short staffed right now and I could really use your help if you stay, everyone else ha PM finals today." My response was "so you mean I wasn't scheduled to work right? see you tomorrow."

Context is everything. And if you don't remember the context, why bring it up? Still feeling aggrieved from an injustice of 12 years ago?
    Could you provide me with a context where it is appropriate for a supervisor to tell 2 employees they are being written up for a word they used since they are white, and the third employee, involved in the same discussion, is told it is okay to use that word because he is black? Same context, even same discussion, all 3 were friends. I cant think of any where that would be appropriate (if it was the N word then maybe, but we're talking about saying the word "ghetto").
    And I did tell you the context of the discussion, we were referring to something being "ghetto" as is being sketchy. I'm sure everyone remembers that being a common phrase back then, and to write 2 employees up for racial slurs while giving a third a free pass I think is ridiculous. What exactly it was we called ghetto I don't remember, but that was the word used and the context in which it was used.
    Would I now describe something as "ghetto"? Probably not, but a racial slur? no. And the topic of this thread was has PC gone too far, and I think this is one example where it has.
    And yeah I was pissed off, in 4 years this was the first incident I had of any kind and I didn't take being called a racist lightly.
    fuck, I still use the word ghetto to describe a shitty part of town. I don't think it's considered a slur where I am. is calling it a "ghetto blaster" considered a slur? is that why it's called a boombox now?
    May want to cut that one from your vocabulary... it will offend without intent to do so. Plus saw you used the phrase "sweet Jesus". (I think) in another thread. May want to go PC on that and use "sweet anonymous God"... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PP193448 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

fuck, I still use the word ghetto to describe a shitty part of town. I don't think it's considered a slur where I am. is calling it a "ghetto blaster" considered a slur? is that why it's called a boombox now?
    May want to cut that one from your vocabulary... it will offend without intent to do so. Plus saw you used the phrase "sweet Jesus". (I think) in another thread. May want to go PC on that and use "sweet anonymous God"... :lol:
    it never even dawned on me that it would be a slur. guess I shouldn't say it around my kids. cd player it is!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PP193448 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

it never even dawned on me that it would be a slur. guess I shouldn't say it around my kids. cd player it is!
    Some of us really don't think you're racist... but alt either way may...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

pretty sure everyone here knows I'm not. I was just ignorant as to the historical significance of the term.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

pretty sure everyone here knows I'm not. I was just ignorant as to the historical significance of the term.
    Just busting your chops. :peace:
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

Just busting your chops. :peace:
    :peace:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

What was the "something" being referred to? You don't remember so why bring it up? And yes, I can think of "context" where the reference to "ghetto" would be racist. That you can't seem to understand how the term, regardless of context, might be offensive to some is telling. Did your African American friend come to you and your other friend's defense? Maybe he was offended but wasn't able to speak up, being a minority and all and able to get a free pass?
    I told you the context and the reason to bring it up, you are just refusing to read it I guess.
    Applying 2 different standards based on color, especially over a word that was not used in a derogatory manner is PC overkill.
    The context was "Man, this _________ is ghetto." "Yeah, that ________ pretty ghetto, you're right." That was the context, don't remember what specific object we were talking about but I can tell you it wasn't about a specific person. A very common phrase used at the time. I no longer use it because I understand it was offensive, but in that situation the punishment did not fit the crime. Luckily it was just a college job and this was my last year, but if it was a company I was staying with I wouldn't want racial slurs on my work record. It was a common saying, didn't think about it, was used in every day language. The third person did not stand up for us because she did not even know we were written up. The 2 of us got called into the office at the end of our shift about an hour later and threatened to be fired on the spot, literally for saying something to the effect of "that store was ghetto" in a conversation during our lunch break. That to me is PC overkill.
    That you cant seem to understand applying 2 standards based on color in a workplace is wrong is telling.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

I told you the context and the reason to bring it up, you are just refusing to read it I guess.
    Applying 2 different standards based on color, especially over a word that was not used in a derogatory manner is PC overkill.
    The context was "Man, this _________ is ghetto." "Yeah, that ________ pretty ghetto, you're right." That was the context, don't remember what specific object we were talking about but I can tell you it wasn't about a specific person. A very common phrase used at the time. I no longer use it because I understand it was offensive, but in that situation the punishment did not fit the crime. Luckily it was just a college job and this was my last year, but if it was a company I was staying with I wouldn't want racial slurs on my work record. It was a common saying, didn't think about it, was used in every day language. The third person did not stand up for us because she did not even know we were written up. The 2 of us got called into the office at the end of our shift about an hour later and threatened to be fired on the spot, literally for saying something to the effect of "that store was ghetto" in a conversation during our lunch break. That to me is PC overkill.
    That you cant seem to understand applying 2 standards based on color in a workplace is wrong is telling.
    is it possible the black person you were with anonymously/quietly complained as they felt offended but didn't want to voice that to your face? or another AA in the vicinity? just a thought.

I think just a stern "FYI" would have sufficed. seems a bit much.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

mace1229 said:

mickeyrat said:

That isn't a bad thing.

Yeah, the context is irrelevant. How the term was used shouldn't matter at all. Should you have taken more care in the conversation...yeah, probably. But they did overreact. They could've just said "hey, careful there. Probably shouldn't say that just in case". No need to write you up over that and it's ridiculous they did. Technically speaking, that HR manager could've gotten in trouble for the way they handled it. I'm not a lawyer, but it's possible they violated your Title VII rights of the Civil Rights Act of equal opportunity laws, since they discriminated against you by saying you can't say/do something because of your race while this other person can.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Jimi Hendrix as part of your white history month. Good god.

I've tried to tell you guy's color is not an issue for me, it is however fun to debate with you all about it.
    if we all want simple peace amongst each other why do we fuck it up with bullshit like specific nationality history months ?
    we should celebrate our lives as a whole, now, significant individual accomplishments that have helped to change the world or country I'm all for, color shouldn't be a factor, the good deeds of man should be.

I agree with the fundamental aspect of what you are trying to say here, but I explained the answer to this in a post above. I guess you didn't read it. here it is again, pay attention to the bolded part:

The rejoinder that I and many others usually give (at this point it’s nearly perfunctory) is that the very existence of black history was denied for generations. Either by omission or by naked assertion, the possibility that blacks had contributed not only to American history but indeed to world history was precluded from contemplation, let alone taken seriously as scholarly pursuits. It is only very recently that this area has been considered worthy of academic exploration. As a result, we have a hole in our cultural understanding, requiring a special effort to acknowledge the role that a previously-excluded group of people played in our heritage.
    was ? it's a new time man...

• Options

I've tried to tell you guy's color is not an issue for me, it is however fun to debate with you all about it.
    if we all want simple peace amongst each other why do we fuck it up with bullshit like specific nationality history months ?
    we should celebrate our lives as a whole, now, significant individual accomplishments that have helped to change the world or country I'm all for, color shouldn't be a factor, the good deeds of man should be.

I agree with the fundamental aspect of what you are trying to say here, but I explained the answer to this in a post above. I guess you didn't read it. here it is again, pay attention to the bolded part:

The rejoinder that I and many others usually give (at this point it’s nearly perfunctory) is that the very existence of black history was denied for generations. Either by omission or by naked assertion, the possibility that blacks had contributed not only to American history but indeed to world history was precluded from contemplation, let alone taken seriously as scholarly pursuits. It is only very recently that this area has been considered worthy of academic exploration. As a result, we have a hole in our cultural understanding, requiring a special effort to acknowledge the role that a previously-excluded group of people played in our heritage.
    was ? it's a new time man...

had a feeling it would fall in line with your usual "they need to get over it and move on" line of thinking.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

and the "British Invasion" which in large part took black music in the Blues and (re)Introduced to white America. Once again proving, whitey steals an idea or thing, claims it as their own and decimates the culture it came from. THATS white history.
    I was waiting for some lost soul to bring that up, you ever thought that maybe " whitey " did it better in many cases ? maybe whitey had ambition to take field blues out of the fields and into mainstream America, did you know the first form of written/recorded music is classical music (no not the oldies but goodies) and guess what ??? WHITEY DID IT ! some of my favorite blues is John Lee Hooked, muddy Waters,
    Howlin Wolf etc. but don't tell me whitey stole it and made their own, that's straight up bullshit, EVERY white artist who ever played the blues always gave credit to "the Black blues men...and women" who gave birth to the blues and rock n roll (big mama Thornton) so please Amigo non of the whitey stole the blues stuff.
  • Options
    "maybe whitey had ambition to take field blues out of the fields". good god.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    There are some good points being made here. Just for people like Godfather, let's celebrate White History Month. We can focus on a few key themes - opportunism and colonialist expansionism, slave labour and white supremacy, fast food and other health regressing advancements, and unearned elitism. For Godfather alone, let's add celebration through a few topics to discuss at schools/workplaces/homes: Selective Hearing 101 (colloquially referred to by those who practice it as "Select 1", and they typically pick "White"), Ignoring Logic (Course Syllabus reads "Don't forget, you're always right and they're always wrong. You owe no explanation"), and last but not least, Humanitarianism and Why It's Optional When It Doesn't Benefit You.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    benjs said:

There are some good points being made here. Just for people like Godfather, let's celebrate White History Month. We can focus on a few key themes - opportunism and colonialist expansionism, slave labour and white supremacy, fast food and other health regressing advancements, and unearned elitism. For Godfather alone, let's add celebration through a few topics to discuss at schools/workplaces/homes: Selective Hearing 101 (colloquially referred to by those who practice it as "Select 1", and they typically pick "White"), Ignoring Logic (Course Syllabus reads "Don't forget, you're always right and they're always wrong. You owe no explanation"), and last but not least, Humanitarianism and Why It's Optional When It Doesn't Benefit You.

Brilliant!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    benjs said:

especially this: "Don't forget, you're always right and they're always wrong. You owe no explanation"

:rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I saw where Michigan State removed whiteboards from the dorm because someone might write something hurtful on them.......so yes
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    sparty is now micro agro free, YAEEE! lol
  • Options

I saw where Michigan State removed whiteboards from the dorm because someone might write something hurtful on them.......so yes

Feel free to send your kids to, or attend, Liberty University.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    rssesq said:

sparty is now micro agro free, YAEEE! lol

Remember to good ol days when bigots would say things right to someone's face?
  • Options

Feel free to send your kids to, or attend, Liberty University.
    I'm surprised someone isn't offended they're called whiteboards.
    Anyway,
    I posted awhile back about they are now instructing that you must clear a whiteboard using up and down strokes not side to side because your ass facing the class moves side to side if you don't which offends people.
    Although I have tested this just to see it is true your ass doesn't wiggle if you go up and down but fuck that.
    I will erase a whiteboard however the fuck I want to.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

would it be inconvenient to some of you to request a White History Month ? ......and I'm sure the fried chicken would be no problem.

Every month is White History Month, GF. Do you want February back? Too much FLA sun for the snowflakes having cornflakes?
    fudge sickles batman !..I want the 70's back LOL !, I'm mad as hell and I won't take it anymore !! Gimi back my 70's ! HAHAHAHAHHA !!!!
    I miss bellbottoms, long hair, ditto's (best pair of jeans a gal ever put on) Led Zeppelin, Don Kershner's in Concert, the 66' Chevelle Supper Sport I had in 78', my first chopper in 77' ( yeah I had lots of ditto wearing fox's with that bike LOL !! not really) and on top of it all.....I didn't give a fat frogs ass who was president !

And guess what... you're vote for Trump didn't bring any of that back... you're just starting to figure that out I bet
  • Options

you folks can't stand the truth when it interrupts your " poor abused black man" way of thinking, I think you all need some serious
    help....lessons in life that teach you to stop being pitiful self absorbed self described victims and learn to move forward with your thinking and emotions that you pretend to have and believe are so sensitive, you're not doing anybody any favors with your public display of pity.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Someone should write your football team sucks on the blackboard :)
  • Options

you folks can't stand the truth when it interrupts your " poor abused black man" way of thinking, I think you all need some serious
    help....lessons in life that teach you to stop being pitiful self absorbed self described victims and learn to move forward with your thinking and emotions that you pretend to have and believe are so sensitive, you're not doing anybody any favors with your public display of pity.

Do you feel victimized GF? Are you downtrodden? Feel as if "your" way of life is slipping away? Let me guess, cornflakes for breakfast again?

Keep hope alive GF, keep hope alive.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

Have you ever tried to understand the difference between the present and history? One takes place today, the other is about giving respect to, and learning lessons from, what has already happened.

Many of us here don't pretend to have emotions; we actually feel them. I can tell you that some of us recognize what, at the hands of the random universe, we were given at birth. The universe will never equalize opportunity - only humans in possession of power can do that for the humans not in possession of power. If you don't respect history, I'm assuming you similarly don't feel the weight of helping equalize power that should come with beating the odds and being born into a privileged life.

If the "right thing to do" argument doesn't work for you, then try another perspective if it helps. Think about the 'special minds' that, through a combination of their own innate abilities, an education, and sufficient opportunity, were able to change the world and/or our way of thinking: Thomas Edison, Richard Feynman, Steve Jobs, there are a few handfuls of game-changing people. When I think about these people, I can't help but think that with the majority of humans living in developing nation without access to either education or opportunity - it is likely that several Edisons, Feynmans, Jobs', have lived their lives supporting their families with hard and unrewarding labour, and spent their dying days working in agriculture. They have helped their families, but they've never been given the opportunity to help the world in as major a way as they could have. The opportunity cost of this is tremendous. With a different roll of a dice, Thomas Edison or Alexander Graham Bell could've been born into an impoverished family in Somalia, and we likely would not be communicating the way we are right now.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1