Options

Who here actually voted in the POTUS race ?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I ve voted every year since 1996. Before that it would have been Illegal since I didn't turn 18 until after the nov 95 election.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:

Stein and I don't regret it. The Stein and Bernie bro hating Hillbots can suck it and stop blaming us. You deserve Bannon.

Seems like the Stein and Bernie bros are blaming Hillary supporters though, which makes even less sense. :confused:
    I've only ever blamed the Trump voters. Without them, he doesn't win the election.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    Of course I voted
    No vote no right to complain
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430

Of course I voted
    No vote no right to complain

1st Amendment?

Yes, i voted.
  • Options

And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

yep !

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited February 2017

That majority there in the green? That's third party voting. But everybody blames third-party voters, meanwhile this election had the best number of third-party voters in history. Because the other two idiots with the least popular candidates in history.

Yet, continue to blame us because we don't fall into your neat 2-party, status quo category.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Free said:

That majority there in the green? That's third party voting. But everybody blames third-party voters, meanwhile this election had the best number of third-party voters in history. Because the other two idiots with the least popular candidates in history.

Yet, continue to blame us because we don't fall into your neat 2-party, status quo category.
    do you even math?
    Gary Johnson & Jill Stein combined got less than 5% of the vote. Pretty sure that qualifies as the least popular candidates in history.

And yes, 3rd party voters are partly to blame for this debacle. It's like you saved up your money, bought a flight and reserved a weekend in Vegas to bet on the Superbowl. And when you got there, you decided you didn't like the Patriots or the Falcons and decided to bet on Manchester United to win.

Sorry, third party voters don't get off that easy. They're just as culpable for the situation we find ourselves in. Probably more so, because most 3rd party supporters I meet are relatively informed voters. It's like they knew better, but decided to watch the world burn anyways.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

Stein and I don't regret it. The Stein and Bernie bro hating Hillbots can suck it and stop blaming us. You deserve Bannon.

Seems like the Stein and Bernie bros are blaming Hillary supporters though, which makes even less sense. :confused:
    Yeah lol
    It's just idiotic.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?
    Gary Johnson & Jill Stein combined got less than 5% of the vote. Pretty sure that qualifies as the least popular candidates in history.

And yes, 3rd party voters are partly to blame for this debacle. It's like you saved up your money, bought a flight and reserved a weekend in Vegas to bet on the Superbowl. And when you got there, you decided you didn't like the Patriots or the Falcons and decided to bet on Manchester United to win.

Sorry, third party voters don't get off that easy. They're just as culpable for the situation we find ourselves in. Probably more so, because most 3rd party supporters I meet are relatively informed voters. It's like they knew better, but decided to watch the world burn anyways.
    Nailed it!

And 54 is 45 more than what is the answer Marta?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

Disagree. Trump voters, and those who didn't vote are responsible for Trump's win. You said yourself that Johnson made up a very small percentage.

I live in a solid Red state, and there was no question that Hillary was taking our state. Because of that I voted 3rd party. My vote mattered not one bit in the race between Trump and Clinton, which is why I felt comfortable doing so.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

Disagree. Trump voters, and those who didn't vote are responsible for Trump's win. You said yourself that Johnson made up a very small percentage.

I live in a solid Red state, and there was no question that Hillary was taking our state. Because of that I voted 3rd party. My vote mattered not one bit in the race between Trump and Clinton, which is why I felt comfortable doing so.
    In some states that is the case, but in any Midwestern or midsouthern state, 3rd party voters own a share of Trump's victory.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

Way, way wah. :cry:

Keep following your line and keep that status quo going. You must be prouD of yourself for voting 2-party -- The two most unpopular candidates in US history. And look what that got us. One thing about us third-party voters is that we actually aren't afraid ofmaking change, but continue to sit there and remain status quo. Fearful of the world, fearful of change. But boy do you know how to blame everybody else.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah lol
    It's just idiotic.
    :cry:

And what have you done lately? Have you been in any protests? Or Are you still behind a safe computer and continue to blame people like me we're actually making change?
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

In some states that is the case, but in any Midwestern or midsouthern state, 3rd party voters own a share of Trump's victory.
    rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

:how_interesting:
  • Options
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

Keep following your line and keep that status quo going. You must be prouD of yourself for voting 2-party -- The two most unpopular candidates in US history. And look what that got us. One thing about us third-party voters is that we actually aren't afraid ofmaking change, but continue to sit there and remain status quo. Fearful of the world, fearful of change. But boy do you know how to blame everybody else.
    You didn't defend the alternative facts that you presented.
  • Options
    Duh, I was referring to the pie chart that was posted?
  • Options
    Free said:

So you stand by your suggestion that 71 million people voted 3rd party?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Gee, did I say that I did I say I was referring to a graphic that was posted? Did I say that was true?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

Making change by sitting on sidelines?

One thing about third-party voters is that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of America's political system. America is Not a Multi-party Democracy.
    Post edited by CM189191 on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

How is that disagreeing? You had the luxury of throwing your vote away, so you did?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

How is that disagreeing? You had the luxury of throwing your vote away, so you did?
    I didn't throw my vote away. Do you define throwing your vote away as not voting for the ultimate winner? If so, then all of the Hillary voters threw their votes away, too. I voted my conscience. If I thought a vote for Hillary would have resulted in a defeat for Trump I would have thrown my vote away to Hillary. I voted, and bear absolutely zero responsibility for Hillary's loss. So yes, I disagree with your false premise.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    CM189191 said:

Free said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

Making change by sitting on sidelines?

One thing about third-party voters is that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of America's political system. America is Not a Multi-party Democracy.
    You have no idea, but you like making assumptions don't you? And you're completely misinformed about third-party voters. Meanwhile we get that you are status quo all the way.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

I didn't throw my vote away. Do you define throwing your vote away as not voting for the ultimate winner? If so, then all of the Hillary voters threw their votes away, too. I voted my conscience. If I thought a vote for Hillary would have resulted in a defeat for Trump I would have thrown my vote away to Hillary. I voted, and bear absolutely zero responsibility for Hillary's loss. So yes, I disagree with your false premise.
    This is reasonable and understandable.
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Gee, did I say that I did I say I was referring to a graphic that was posted? Did I say that was true?
    You said the green was 3rd party voters. That would be 71 million 3rd party votes.
    You were asked if you math.
    You ignored the question in favor of your usual spiel.
    I asked if you stand by it or refute it and your response, I don't understand.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

The entire system is set up so that voters choose one of the two major party candidates to be president. Voting third party essentially says: “I don’t care who becomes president, and I’m going to let other voters decide for me.”

Third party voters always talk about how they’re tired of choosing between the “lesser of two evils”—well, in American democracy, that’s what voting is. America is not a Multi-party Democracy, and your third party candidate is never going to win. Grown-ups have to make hard choices and accept less-than-thrilling results every single day in life, and democracy is no different.

Amazing how your logic went from "every vote counts and I voted my conscience" to " I bear absolutely zero responsibility" in less than 3 sentences. What kind of mental gymnastics is that?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

You said the green was 3rd party voters. That would be 71 million 3rd party votes.
    You were asked if you math.
    You ignored the question in favor of your usual spiel.
    I asked if you stand by it or refute it and your response, I don't understand.
    Are you having trouble comprehending?

• Options
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

I completely agree w/ this.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

The entire system is set up so that voters choose one of the two major party candidates to be president. Voting third party essentially says: “I don’t care who becomes president, and I’m going to let other voters decide for me.”

Third party voters always talk about how they’re tired of choosing between the “lesser of two evils”—well, in American democracy, that’s what voting is. America is not a Multi-party Democracy, and your third party candidate is never going to win. Grown-ups have to make hard choices and accept less-than-thrilling results every single day in life, and democracy is no different.

Amazing how your logic went from "every vote counts and I voted my conscience" to " I bear absolutely zero responsibility" in less than 3 sentences. What kind of mental gymnastics is that?
    The mental gymnastics that are required to keep up with your bizarre premises and moving targets. Where did I say every vote counts? I implied that my vote didn't count. Hillary had my state locked up. I could have abstained, I could have voted for Trump, I could have voted for Hillary, I could have voted for Johnson, or I could have voted for Stein and the result in my state would have been exactly the same. I specifically recognized that my vote didn't matter, and was free to "send a message". I also specifically said that had I thought my vote would have mattered, I'd have thrown it to Hillary, who was definitely the lesser of two evils. So you can continue to play your game and make wild assertions about what I said (even when I didn't say it), but your premise that third party voters ushered Trump into office is false. Quit taking plays from Kellyanne's alternative facts book.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

jeffbr said:

CM189191 said:

Free said:

do you even math?

The mental gymnastics that are required to keep up with your bizarre premises and moving targets. Where did I say every vote counts? I implied that my vote didn't count. Hillary had my state locked up. I could have abstained, I could have voted for Trump, I could have voted for Hillary, I could have voted for Johnson, or I could have voted for Stein and the result in my state would have been exactly the same. I specifically recognized that my vote didn't matter, and was free to "send a message". I also specifically said that had I thought my vote would have mattered, I'd have thrown it to Hillary, who was definitely the lesser of two evils. So you can continue to play your game and make wild assertions about what I said (even when I didn't say it), but your premise that third party voters ushered Trump into office is false. Quit taking plays from Kellyanne's alternative facts book.
    I am not saying it is 100% 3rd party voters fault Trump got elected.
    But it certainly is not 0%. 3rd party voters try to get away with this "don't blame me, I didn't actually participate in the election that was happening" crap, and I'm not buying it.
This discussion has been closed.