Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

In all honesty, how many Trump voters/supporters have flipped their allegiance and have realized what a twit he is?

I'm thinking there's bound to be many, but it's hard to assess. I know what the polls say, but I don't place much stock in those recently.

Zero. I think the number is sadly zero.
    I tend to believe the number is very low as well. Trump's supporters are blinded by the light of Trump, all that he has done in the last 70 days is great in the way in their minds he's shaking up Washington. The more outrageous he is tweeting, the more money he spends traveling and playing golf is great now in 6 months of this that might be a different story. What a Schmuck!

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

In all honesty, how many Trump voters/supporters have flipped their allegiance and have realized what a twit he is?

I'm thinking there's bound to be many, but it's hard to assess. I know what the polls say, but I don't place much stock in those recently.

Our issue was turnout from minorities and Bernie supporters. I'm not sure Trump voters need to be turned.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mrussel1 said:

Our issue was turnout from minorities and Bernie supporters. I'm not sure Trump voters need to be turned.
    Spot on.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Spot on.
    It's not spot on at all.
    Your issue was Hillary.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

Not exactly

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/upshot/a-2016-review-turnout-wasnt-the-driver-of-clintons-defeat.html?referer=https://www.google.ca/

You will need to turn some Trump voters or at least hope they stay home. This is why the previous polls didn't matter. It is why the current polls don't matter. The numbers you need to worry about are regional. They were undersampled and that hasn't changed.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Spot on.
    It's not spot on at all.
    Your issue was Hillary.
    Use your head and think about what I wrote. These statements aren't mutually exclusive.

• Options
    Had there been the turnout from minorities in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in 2016 as there had been for President Obama...Hillary wins the election.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Spot on.
    It's not spot on at all.
    Your issue was Hillary.
    Use your head and think about what I wrote. These statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Are you stating an opinion from the Republican side?
    If so you are still wrong.
    Minorities and Bernie supporters aren't mutually exclusive either.
  • Options

Had there been the turnout from minorities in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in 2016 as there had been for President Obama...Hillary wins the election.

Exactly my point.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Exactly my point.
    Except what I just linked says that was not the difference. It states that Trump flipped white Obama voters. The democrats do not want to deal with that fact.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Exactly my point.
    And we're not talking big numbers either. This race really could have gone to Hillary quite easily.

Yes, Trump backers on here, she was far from a perfect candidate. No, Bernie backers, Bernie would not have won. Hillary should have won this election had there been a better inner city Get Out the Vote effort in the 3 states in play.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Exactly my point.
    And we're not talking big numbers either. This race really could have gone to Hillary quite easily.

Yes, Trump backers on here, she was far from a perfect candidate. No, Bernie backers, Bernie would not have won. Hillary should have won this election had there been a better inner city Get Out the Vote effort in the 3 states in play.
    Incorrect.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Exactly my point.

Incorrect.
    Yeah. Okay.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Exactly my point.

Incorrect.
    Yeah. Okay.
    Read the New York Times link above. Lays it out pretty well for you.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Not exactly

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/upshot/a-2016-review-turnout-wasnt-the-driver-of-clintons-defeat.html?referer=https://www.google.ca/

You will need to turn some Trump voters or at least hope they stay home. This is why the previous polls didn't matter. It is why the current polls don't matter. The numbers you need to worry about are regional. They were undersampled and that hasn't changed.
    Maybe you only read the last paragraph of your link? This paragragh seems more significant:

"Whether black turnout was “disappointing” or “poor” is a matter of perspective. It was consistent with our pre-election models, but it was significantly lower than it was four or eight years ago, when Mr. Obama galvanized record black turnout."
  • Options
    Additionally...

This analysis was against the upshot's prediction model NOT against 2012 numbers. Our statement was comparing 2012 vs 2016 minority turnout which this analysis very specifically is not doing.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Not exactly

Maybe you only read the last paragraph of your link? This paragragh seems more significant:

"Whether black turnout was “disappointing” or “poor” is a matter of perspective. It was consistent with our pre-election models, but it was significantly lower than it was four or eight years ago, when Mr. Obama galvanized record black turnout."
    I'm not sure if that is significant at all. Turnout was "consistent with pre-election models". You seem to be under the impression that you can reproduce the Obama turnout machine of 2008 (massive) when you probably can't even reproduce the turnout machine of 2012 (large). It makes you believe that you can capture lightning in a bottle with a democratic candidate that does not exist. Obama was a once in a lifetime phenomenon and it was the loss of white voters that previously voted for him thay hurt Hillary the most.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    It's all water under bridge now , we are here and have a total con artist occupying the WH and has no idea of what he's doing at all ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I make a point to listen or watch the feed to the Spicy News Briefing every day.

Yesterday while lying to a reporters face about the ridiculous allegations concerning Russia, he told her to stop shaking her head. This is the same reporter that the OF told to set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus..."are they friends of yours? do you know them? maybe you could set up a meeting..." Racist fucks the both of them.

He actually had spinach in his teeth two days ago.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    just my opinion as a Berniebro who got in line and voted for HRC, Joe Biden wins Pennsylvania and more than likely Michigan.

AND Ohio.
  • Options
    Tiki said:

just my opinion as a Berniebro who got in line and voted for HRC, Joe Biden wins Pennsylvania and more than likely Michigan.

AND Ohio.

I agree completely
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    rgambs said:

He tweets like a 14 yr old spoiled bitch who take to Twitter because he's too chafed to keep masturbating.

Haha I'm losing it on this one!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options

If the people of our great country could only see how viciously and inaccurately my administration is covered by certain media!

GTFU
  • Options
    Tiki said:

If the people of our great country could only see how viciously and inaccurately my administration is covered by certain media!

GTFU
    Victim in Chief
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    'We don't make mistakes' Donald Trump says, before introducing police boss by wrong name

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11827969

Good stuff!
  • Options
    Jason P said:

'We don't make mistakes' Donald Trump says, before introducing police boss by wrong name

Good stuff!

The human embodiment of a successful splice of Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson.

This kind of stuff will just keep happening. He's an idiot.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Jason P said:

Good stuff!

I noticed that no one even raised an eyebrow after his blatant screw up.

Trump gonna Trump
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Good stuff!

I noticed that no one even raised an eyebrow after his blatant screw up.

Trump gonna Trump
    Do you think Trump is in the 10C?

Do you think he even listens to music? He's got to be the crustiest dude I kind of know. His wife paid a hell of a price to access his fortune. Eesh.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Jason P said:

Good stuff!

I think Archie Bunker genes are in there too.
This discussion has been closed.