Options

Things you could do without having to do.

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited December 2016
    Don't get me wrong. Dogs are intelligent as well, but their intelligence is greater for things like group communication; they hunt together in a very streamlined and efficient manner. Cats have simply eliminated ( for the most part), the need for living in groups. This is why dogs respond better with humans; we too are pack-social. We automatically associate dogs as more familiar and friendlier than cats, because cats are more strictly social in familiarity whereas humans and dogs are more inter-social regardless of familiarity.

And yes, Hedo is right. All animals, like all humans, are unique; and no, not all energies align. Very well put indeed!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Taking out trash.. can't wait til I can have property and compost..
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited December 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Anything to do with any type of weather less than 75 degrees and sunny. Fuck snow, fuck rain, fuck ice, fuck layers of clothing, fuck wind, fuck boots, fuck gloves & dexterity loss, fuck wearing jackets while driving, fuck windshield wiper fluid, fuck gas bills, fuck blankets. I hate it all!!

And I'll go opposite. I would love to live without weather that is above maybe 13C (55F). I HATE HATE HATE warm/hot weather.
    you live in the perfect place in the world then!
    No way, summers are still a living hell for me. It's usually 22 - 30C in the summer, even hotter in a real heat wave. It makes me want to die, lol.
    ok, I guess I was comparing it to anywhere else in canada. you don't have to fuck around with winter, and it's relatively cool in the summer, AND YOU HAVE NO MOSQUITOES.

The moistness of the air in winnipeg in mid summer is disgusting. everything and everyone is wet as fuck.

"what, only 22 today?"
    "look at the humidex"
    "35??? WTF????"
    We have plenty of mosquitoes actually. The Okanagan doesn't have them because it's a desert-like region, but most of the rest of BC gets loads of them - more and more the farther north you go (yes, reaching Winnipeg levels, and worse), but the Vancouver area has plenty too, although some years are way better than others. We've got all those forests and woods and lakes and ponds - prime breeding conditions. Not to say that Winnipeg isn't awful in the summers - from those who have told me and from the news, I know that area is like hell on Earth in the summer, lol, and that the mosquitoes are fucking crazy. Definitely way, way worse than Vancouver from what I'm told. Still, mosquitoes are the bane of my existence in the summer. I hate them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Anything to do with any type of weather less than 75 degrees and sunny. Fuck snow, fuck rain, fuck ice, fuck layers of clothing, fuck wind, fuck boots, fuck gloves & dexterity loss, fuck wearing jackets while driving, fuck windshield wiper fluid, fuck gas bills, fuck blankets. I hate it all!!

And I'll go opposite. I would love to live without weather that is above maybe 13C (55F). I HATE HATE HATE warm/hot weather.
    No way, summers are still a living hell for me. It's usually 22 - 30C in the summer, even hotter in a real heat wave. It makes me want to die, lol.
    ok, I guess I was comparing it to anywhere else in canada. you don't have to fuck around with winter, and it's relatively cool in the summer, AND YOU HAVE NO MOSQUITOES.

The moistness of the air in winnipeg in mid summer is disgusting. everything and everyone is wet as fuck.

"what, only 22 today?"
    "look at the humidex"
    "35??? WTF????"
    We have plenty of mosquitoes actually. The Okanagan doesn't have them because it's a desert-like region, but most of the rest of BC gets loads of them - more and more the farther north you go (yes, reaching Winnipeg levels, and worse), but the Vancouver area has plenty too, although some years are way better than others. We've got all those forests and woods and lakes and ponds - prime breeding conditions. Not to say that Winnipeg isn't awful in the summers - from those who have told me and from the news, I know that area is like hell on Earth in the summer, lol, and that the mosquitoes are fucking crazy. Definitely way, way worse than Vancouver from what I'm told. Still, mosquitoes are the bane of my existence in the summer. I hate them.
    weird, everyone I know from vancouver comes to visit Winnipeg and they turn into one giant mosquito bite because they don't experience it in van. and no one there uses screens on their windows because it's not a problem. I've been there in the summer a number of times and don't recall getting bitten once.

maybe you live near a bog? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Time changes. Give me my extra hour of sun after work please.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Time changes. Give me my extra hour of sun after work please.

That's gospel, right there!
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016

Today was a first cold day for me anyway and I was about to step into the car w/ my big puffy jacket on and in the back of my head I said "fuck wearing jackets while driving", and thought again (where did I hear that)
    No more!
    I will wait for the heat to warm me and not have the seatbelt threaten my jugular.
  • Options
    Purchasing printer ink
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

"what, only 22 today?"
    "look at the humidex"
    "35??? WTF????"
    weird, everyone I know from vancouver comes to visit Winnipeg and they turn into one giant mosquito bite because they don't experience it in van. and no one there uses screens on their windows because it's not a problem. I've been there in the summer a number of times and don't recall getting bitten once.

No, lol. The mosquitoes are real here. They just aren't comparable to Winnipeg until you get farther north. But yes, you will find way more in damper places, but the difference isn't a matter of this city vs another. The difference is one block vs another. And i guess there are very few in downtown Vancouver outside of Stanley Park, since there are no other breeding grounds downtown. So yeah, you could get lucky and not get bitten, but you could just as likely have 10 bites at the same time, depending on where you happened to go and when. Luck of the draw.

Your friends are a bit full of it, haha. Tons of people in Metro Vancouver have window screens to keep mosquitoes out. But many also don't. It more seems like an older person thing now that I think about it. I don't... and I get mosquitoes in my apartment - it really just depends on the weather that week. I have never gone a summer without at least a few bites, and in other summers I've had 20 bites at one time. Just depends on where you happen to go and when. Anyway, all of our stores are well-stocked with Off! mosquito repellent, so that pretty much tells the story I guess, lol. But again, yeah, it's nothing like Winnipeg. Compared to there I'm sure it does kind of feel like there aren't any here (and ours are usually tiny too), but that's just relative perception speaking I think. However, people have been commenting for the last few years about the surprisingly low number of mosquitoes compared to years past. Climate change, most think.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    All the stupid fucking commercials saying if you love her buy her jewelry. How about if you love each other you don't need fucking jewelry to "prove it".
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

All the stupid fucking commercials saying if you love her buy her jewelry. How about if you love each other you don't need fucking jewelry to "prove it".

Damn straight! Don't get me wrong, I love jewelry but who needs another diamond when you already have something priceless.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Getting banned for 30 days on Facebook just because I hurt a so called "politically incorrect" Trump trolls feewings.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Damn straight! Don't get me wrong, I love jewelry but who needs another diamond when you already have something priceless.
    Amen sistahs
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    losing a family member and making funeral plans, it's hard enough losing somebody, I think everybody would hate that
  • Options
    Shoveling snow at 6AM. Please hold off, it's gonna be freezing out today.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

"what, only 22 today?"
    "look at the humidex"
    "35??? WTF????"

No, lol. The mosquitoes are real here. They just aren't comparable to Winnipeg until you get farther north. But yes, you will find way more in damper places, but the difference isn't a matter of this city vs another. The difference is one block vs another. And i guess there are very few in downtown Vancouver outside of Stanley Park, since there are no other breeding grounds downtown. So yeah, you could get lucky and not get bitten, but you could just as likely have 10 bites at the same time, depending on where you happened to go and when. Luck of the draw.

Your friends are a bit full of it, haha. Tons of people in Metro Vancouver have window screens to keep mosquitoes out. But many also don't. It more seems like an older person thing now that I think about it. I don't... and I get mosquitoes in my apartment - it really just depends on the weather that week. I have never gone a summer without at least a few bites, and in other summers I've had 20 bites at one time. Just depends on where you happen to go and when. Anyway, all of our stores are well-stocked with Off! mosquito repellent, so that pretty much tells the story I guess, lol. But again, yeah, it's nothing like Winnipeg. Compared to there I'm sure it does kind of feel like there aren't any here (and ours are usually tiny too), but that's just relative perception speaking I think. However, people have been commenting for the last few years about the surprisingly low number of mosquitoes compared to years past. Climate change, most think.
    well I wasn't just going by what friends say, as I often think vancouver people tend to exaggerate the awesomeness of van vs peg (one peg expat friend of mine insisted he wore shorts to school on valentine's day, and that this was a regular ocurrence), it's by what I've seen/experienced. I stayed for a week in mid-summer in kits and nary a mosquito to be found. walked around stanley park for hours and nothing. outdoor patios outside of downtown, right near the ocean and forest, etc. I've been there several times in downtown and in suburbs in summer and never got a bite. But I haven't been anywhere outside of Vancouver in BC in 30 years.

maybe I just didn't notice them as in winnipeg they seem to be the size and viciousness of hawks. LOL.

montreal was the same for us. no screens anywhere, all restaurants everywhere had windows open, etc. it was paradise to a prairie dweller.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Put pants on every day.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Put pants on every day.

But then you'd never experience the joy of taking them off!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

"what, only 22 today?"
    "look at the humidex"
    "35??? WTF????"

well I wasn't just going by what friends say, as I often think vancouver people tend to exaggerate the awesomeness of van vs peg (one peg expat friend of mine insisted he wore shorts to school on valentine's day, and that this was a regular ocurrence), it's by what I've seen/experienced. I stayed for a week in mid-summer in kits and nary a mosquito to be found. walked around stanley park for hours and nothing. outdoor patios outside of downtown, right near the ocean and forest, etc. I've been there several times in downtown and in suburbs in summer and never got a bite. But I haven't been anywhere outside of Vancouver in BC in 30 years.

maybe I just didn't notice them as in winnipeg they seem to be the size and viciousness of hawks. LOL.

montreal was the same for us. no screens anywhere, all restaurants everywhere had windows open, etc. it was paradise to a prairie dweller.
    Maybe you have bitter blood? :tongue: I dunno man! I don't recall being bothered at any beaches either (the sand fleas are sometimes a nuisance at those though), but I know I've been eaten alive in Stanley Park and most other forested places unless it's been unusually dry. But yeah, my version of a lot of mozzies and yours are probably different, lol. Although I did paddle the Bowron Lakes before, just south of Prince George, and that is where I learned what a LOT of mosquitoes really means. We had to wear netting..
  • Options
    Being cold.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Being twisted...or maybe not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iisYw0epV_Q
  • Options
    Waking up early.. I need electric socks for work...
  • Options
    refrain from removing certain individuals from this earth.

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    those stupid VIPoo commercials comparing poops to 'devil's donuts'...I will never look at chocolate donuts the same ever again.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

those stupid VIPoo commercials comparing poops to 'devil's donuts'...I will never look at chocolate donuts the same ever again.

Speaking of ads about poo, I could do without those Charmin ads where the bears are now actually threatening to not change their underpants because Charmin will stop the skid marks, which are apparently the only reason they change their underpants at all.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Speaking of ads about poo, I could do without those Charmin ads where the bears are now actually threatening to not change their underpants because Charmin will stop the skid marks, which are apparently the only reason they change their underpants at all.
    Eww eww eww to both of those! I swear.. society is going the way of that movie "Idiocracy" !
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Hangovers. No need for them in life.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

You're doing it wrong! Either stop drinking or drink more! (As he's going to refill my Empty Glass :giggle:)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I rarely get hungover, but when I do, it's usually following a night of sushi and copious amounts of sake, a la several weeks ago with certain cohorts :)

Sushi coma, though? BRING IT.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    hedonist said:

I rarely get hungover, but when I do, it's usually following a night of sushi and copious amounts of sake, a la several weeks ago with certain cohorts :)

Sushi coma, though? BRING IT.
    A certain someone is good at bringing those on.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle