Options

Things you could do without having to do.

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    rgambs said:

I could without having to listen to people piss and moan and pule about cold weather and snow for the next 4 months!
    Small talk will now solely consist of bitching about the winter season that comes, like clockwork, every year...just as it has for their entire lives and they still can't get over it.

I could also do without having to pay bills. That would be nice.

I will never understand why people continute, as you said, to talk about the same shit every season. they bitch about the weather constantly, in the same manner, with the same comments, every fucking year.

if you hate it that much, move.

I hate it (I live in Winnipeg FFS), but don't feel the need to complain about it every fucking day.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Work. Not the kind of work where you labor all day and produce something tangible. I mean wasting my days in front of a computer answering phone calls and returning emails. That work.

THIS
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    washing dishes.

cleaning up my kids toys after I've stepped on them and made a barbie/lego/shopkins indent in the bottom of my foot.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829

washing dishes.

cleaning up my kids toys after I've stepped on them and made a barbie/lego/shopkins indent in the bottom of my foot.

I like washing dishes. I like being in hot water.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I could do without icy roads since I'm a cycle commuter. Otherwise I generally don't complain about the weather.
  • Options

washing dishes.

I like washing dishes. I like being in hot water.
    actually, it's the only sanctuary I get during the day. don't get me wrong, I love my daughters, but I often will offer to wash the dishes just to have an excuse to put on the headphones without (as much) interruption.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612

Getting up every day and going to work.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Anything to do with any type of weather less than 75 degrees and sunny. Fuck snow, fuck rain, fuck ice, fuck layers of clothing, fuck wind, fuck boots, fuck gloves & dexterity loss, fuck wearing jackets while driving, fuck windshield wiper fluid, fuck gas bills, fuck blankets. I hate it all!!

And I'll go opposite. I would love to live without weather that is above maybe 13C (55F). I HATE HATE HATE warm/hot weather.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Anything to do with any type of weather less than 75 degrees and sunny. Fuck snow, fuck rain, fuck ice, fuck layers of clothing, fuck wind, fuck boots, fuck gloves & dexterity loss, fuck wearing jackets while driving, fuck windshield wiper fluid, fuck gas bills, fuck blankets. I hate it all!!

And I'll go opposite. I would love to live without weather that is above maybe 13C (55F). I HATE HATE HATE warm/hot weather.
    you live in the perfect place in the world then!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

Ha!

No, it actually gets above 13oC here. Not hugely above, mind you, but it does.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516

PJ_Soul said:

Ha!

what's that equate to in real temperature?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ha!

13 degress. like the rest of the world calculates it. the rest except :murica:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,779

Wobbie said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ha!

:rofl:
    Good luck with that one. They don't math so well.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Waiting a long fucking time for the temperature of the shower water to be reasonably warm. Just happened for 2 minutes today.
  • Options

Wobbie said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ha!

Give Wob a break. Numbers had barely been invented when he was a kid.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

No way, summers are still a living hell for me. It's usually 22 - 30C in the summer, even hotter in a real heat wave. It makes me want to die, lol.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

rgambs said:

I could without having to listen to people piss and moan and pule about cold weather and snow for the next 4 months!
    Small talk will now solely consist of bitching about the winter season that comes, like clockwork, every year...just as it has for their entire lives and they still can't get over it.

I will never understand why people continute, as you said, to talk about the same shit every season. they bitch about the weather constantly, in the same manner, with the same comments, every fucking year.

I hate it (I live in Winnipeg FFS), but don't feel the need to complain about it every fucking day.
    I'm one of those people that complains about the same winter shit every winter. If I could move, I would. Honestly, I'd love to! But I don't have the money to move and in my line of work, you don't land a cushy job that pays for you to relocate. In fact, in my active search for employment elsewhere in warmer states over the last 4 months, I haven't found anything that even pays what I already make. Definitely can't afford a paycut! So, I bitch about winter when it's winter. I have to listen to damn near everyone I know bitch about the heat in the summer, they can do me this favor in return :lol:
  • Options
    Pay parking knowing there are free spots on the street.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

rgambs said:

I'm one of those people that complains about the same winter shit every winter. If I could move, I would. Honestly, I'd love to! But I don't have the money to move and in my line of work, you don't land a cushy job that pays for you to relocate. In fact, in my active search for employment elsewhere in warmer states over the last 4 months, I haven't found anything that even pays what I already make. Definitely can't afford a paycut! So, I bitch about winter when it's winter. I have to listen to damn near everyone I know bitch about the heat in the summer, they can do me this favor in return :lol:
    Right on! I f'n love the heat and humidty. That's why I moved to coastal NC. It still gets cold every now and then. When it does I bitch, moan, whine and complain.

I could do without hearing people having fucking sneezing fits.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    clean up dog shit
  • Options

rgambs said:

:lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No way, summers are still a living hell for me. It's usually 22 - 30C in the summer, even hotter in a real heat wave. It makes me want to die, lol.
    ok, I guess I was comparing it to anywhere else in canada. you don't have to fuck around with winter, and it's relatively cool in the summer, AND YOU HAVE NO MOSQUITOES.

The moistness of the air in winnipeg in mid summer is disgusting. everything and everyone is wet as fuck.

"what, only 22 today?"
    "look at the humidex"
    "35??? WTF????"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    JWPearl said:

clean up dog shit

And THIS is why I prefer cats.

Plus, as YouTube has proven us, cats are the animal kingdom's comedians.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

JWPearl said:

clean up dog shit

Cats RULE!!!
    Although, I could do without stepping in cat puke in the middle of the night.
    But she cuddles and purrs and gives me non-sloppy kisses so I forgive her. :)
  • Options

JWPearl said:

clean up dog shit

I'm not afraid to admit. I've owned both. I'm a cat guy. They are independent, smarter, and just plain evil. I love them.

Oddly, looking back, I have a much stronger emotional bond with my dog, but in the present, cats all the way.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

JWPearl said:

clean up dog shit

dream't of both and while cats are more enjoyable to be because they are acrobatic and agile and zealous i feel at home with cats
    i prefer the dog for its companionships and interest even though they feel crappier but more in touch with humans in terms of
    connection and bond so i rather be a cat but love a dog so neither is better than the other because cats do love but when they want it
    as in dogs are in your face all the time and i love that
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    I don't like cats.
    They are worse than people.
    They abuse (scratch) you at will and only require your attention when it suits them.
    Humans are their real catnip because they are never owned by them, will freely do what they please and will always be forgiven.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ^^
    Not always. Cats are more aloof, because they are intelligent and actually posses greater thought
    Processing skills than dogs. And generally I agree with you, cats are jerks. But the cat I have now is probably the most awesome cat I've ever had. He is cuddly, he does tricks, and walks on a leash. He's the first cat I have ever "trained". I put that in quotes because I think he is just doing his tricks to humor me; but mostly because he's smart and knows he'll get a treat for them! :lol:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Animals are awesome, period. I think we connect with / perceive them in different ways. And as we have individual personalities and temperaments, so do they. Energy isn't always aligned.

(this, after I dodged a surprise attack on my ankles by hopped up Cat #1)
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:

Animals are awesome, period. I think we connect with / perceive them in different ways. And as we have individual personalities and temperaments, so do they. Energy isn't always aligned.

(this, after I dodged a surprise attack on my ankles by hopped up Cat #1)

Hahaha. I love cats because they are so selective. A dog will come to almost everyone (except Lisa....she's special) but if a cat comes up to you it's like an honor.