Options

They played it in San Francisco last night?! Hey M.A.C.C., please cover Hey Baby in Seattle too

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
edited November 2016 in The Porch
I know all four of ya's will be in Seattle on the 20th & 21st together on stage @ the Paramount Theatre.
How about busting this out, for old times sake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVZyPSaYug

Thanks!

D

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    Love this cover version! Would be great for them to dust it off!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    I actually though this was a safe bet for them to play the entire tour!
    Mr Bjornstigen
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870

So did I. Shocked it hasnt been played.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    I forget who MACC is: mccready, ament, cameron, and cornell?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477

So did I. Shocked it hasnt been played.
    Same here.

One of my favorite Hendrix songs.
    mcgruff10 said:

I forget who MACC is: mccready, ament, cameron, and cornell?

Yes, that is correct.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited November 2016
    It finally happened!!! SF2 baby. Best show ever. Un-fucking-believable.

M.A.C.C. + G
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    Suziemay said:

M.A.C.C. + G

Whooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Options
    That was awesome!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Suziemay said:

M.A.C.C. + G

Haha, love those post show highs.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
  • Options
    Has it ever been said why Stone wasn't part of the original recording?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

It was not a Temple recording. Guess you could also ask why Ed, Ben, or Kim were not parts of it either.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I can't believe after all these years, the irony of Stone not being on this recording, and the title of the album is Stone Free, didn't dawn on me until just now.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

It was not a Temple recording. Guess you could also ask why Ed, Ben, or Kim were not parts of it either.
    Well it was closer to a temple recording than a pj or sg recording, so im not really sure how those are equivalents.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Well it was closer to a temple recording than a pj or sg recording, so im not really sure how those are equivalents.
    Guess I don't see it as a big deal, or any need to question why he needed or had to be involved. May have just been the four of them and they did a quick recording.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    So before playing the song in SF, Chris said something about it being Mike and Jeff's idea to do the song for the Stone Free album, and they approached Chris about it. I'm thinking they didn't need another guitar but they needed a drummer and went to Matt. I doubt there's anything more to it than that.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    cutz said:
    Hail, hail to the lucky ones there. D, thanks for posting the video. I got chills hearing those opening riffs being played :rock_on:
  • Options

Guess I don't see it as a big deal, or any need to question why he needed or had to be involved. May have just been the four of them and they did a quick recording.
    Argh, its not a big deal. It was a simple question. I never said anything about him "needing" to be involved. I dont know the timing of the recording, if it was the same as the temple sessions or not. Not sure why someone cant ask a simple question around here sometimes without some passive agressive responses.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Argh, its not a big deal. It was a simple question. I never said anything about him "needing" to be involved. I dont know the timing of the recording, if it was the same as the temple sessions or not. Not sure why someone cant ask a simple question around here sometimes without some passive agressive responses.

Well, I took your question as implied he should have been. My mistake. Then I took you passive/aggressive response and replied with an answer which was not meant to be one.

and fyi, along with the quote above it was recorded in 1993
  • Options
    jjflash said:

cutz said:
    Hail, hail to the lucky ones there. D, thanks for posting the video. I got chills hearing those opening riffs being played :rock_on:
    Hail, Hail, to the LUCKY ones is right. I saw TOTD in Philly and was HOPING like hell they would they play that song.
  • Options
    cutz said:

jjflash said:

cutz said:
    Hail, Hail, to the LUCKY ones is right. I saw TOTD in Philly and was HOPING like hell they would they play that song.
    Seriously. Was at MSG and had forgotten about it at that point as all the sets were coming out the same. Lucky ducks!