Options

So heard the Melbourne 98 boot on PJ SiriusXM the other day.

PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
Damn that show sounded pretty good. How does the vinyl of this sound?? And how much do they go for these days? And does anyone want to hook me up?? :)
2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    Sounds fine. It was a radio broadcast, so it's a good recording.
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 570
    Yeah great vinyl for $22 !!
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    the vinyl sounds amazing!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    I heard the first few songs, that was great.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited October 2016
    Just curious, but why anyone would want the vinyl of this? It's just a crappy bootleg.. Best to download the various versions you can easily obtain online..
    the best source for the complete show is the rip from the 2 CD Sony promo (Pre-FM source) > http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=55352 this will sound better than any crappy useless vinyl bootleg shit out there

Then, there's the Give Way promo, it would be the best source available in terms of audio quality, but only 17 songs..

Or the JWB remaster version (it's a remaster of the Sony promo source, not necessarily better than the straight promo source, but good to hear and has a sound closer to the more recent official bootlegs)

Really, that's all you need.. If you really want a physical copy, buy a boot cd set like 'Down Under again', it's the FM source, on silver pressed cd's.. again, It sounds better than the unofficial vinyl anyway.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I have a cd bootleg of this and the vinyl as well. They both sound great, with the cd sounding a little bit better.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

I have a cd bootleg of this and the vinyl as well. They both sound great, with the cd sounding a little bit better.

That's what I was saying, my friend.. what's the point in having the vinyl? Not a collectible and not a better audio source.. total thrash imo.
    Don't get me wrong, I love vinyl, but I don't want something inferior just because "hey, it's vinyl"
  • Options

mfc2006 said:

That's what I was saying, my friend.. what's the point in having the vinyl? Not a collectible and not a better audio source.. total thrash imo.
    Don't get me wrong, I love vinyl, but I don't want something inferior just because "hey, it's vinyl"
    I actually grabbed the vinyl before the cd. That's why I have both. Found the cd bootleg in a bargain bin so I could listen in my car & could immediately notice the difference. I listen to vinyl a lot more than I listen to cd's, to be honest.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    I don't have the CD or a DL of the Sony promo/Give way rips. I'm happy with the vinyl.
  • Options

Just curious, but why anyone would want the vinyl of this? It's just a crappy bootleg.. Best to download the various versions you can easily obtain online..
    the best source for the complete show is the rip from the 2 CD Sony promo (Pre-FM source) > http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=55352 this will sound better than any crappy useless vinyl bootleg shit out there

Then, there's the Give Way promo, it would be the best source available in terms of audio quality, but only 17 songs..

Or the JWB remaster version (it's a remaster of the Sony promo source, not necessarily better than the straight promo source, but good to hear and has a sound closer to the more recent official bootlegs)

Really, that's all you need.. If you really want a physical copy, buy a boot cd set like 'Down Under again', it's the FM source, on silver pressed cd's.. again, It sounds better than the unofficial vinyl anyway.

the vinyl was $18 and sounds fantastic. It fits fine in my collection.
    give way is great but why spend hundreds of dollars if I can buy the same show for $18 on vinyl or cd (I think my silver pressed cd of the show was around $15 via eBay).
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    The Give Way version is even better, but not all the songs are on that release. The vinyl is amazing - MFC2006 picked me up one for my birthday a few years ago. Pretty awesome bootleg from Suck My Dick productions.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

I don't have the CD or a DL of the Sony promo/Give way rips. I'm happy with the vinyl.

If you're happy I'm happy :D ..but that doesn't change that what you are listening to is a very inferior source.

..and mcgruff.. why spend even $1 for a vinyl boot if you can freely download (not buy) all sources (including the Give Way)?
    I have the Give Way promo sealed in my closet and spent some serious cash for it, but you don't have to do that if you just want to enjoy and listen to this amazing show.
  • Options

If you're happy I'm happy :D ..but that doesn't change that what you are listening to is a very inferior source.

..and mcgruff.. why spend even $1 for a vinyl boot if you can freely download (not buy) all sources (including the Give Way)?
    I have the Give Way promo sealed in my closet and spent some serious cash for it, but you don't have to do that if you just want to enjoy and listen to this amazing show.
    I'm not big on downloads...I like tangible things.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

Me too, always choose hard copies if there's a choice..
    My point was just, why listen to this vinyl crap if there's all sort of sources for this specific show that will sound better (downloadable or CD)?
    Spinning vinyl is cool, but has to be quality official vinyl (well, I know not every official vinyl is quality, unfortunately)
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

My point was just, why listen to this vinyl crap if there's all sort of sources for this specific show that will sound better (downloadable or CD)?
    Spinning vinyl is cool, but has to be quality official vinyl (well, I know not every official vinyl is quality, unfortunately)
    yeah but it sounds really really good. it's not typical bootleg crap.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

yeah but it sounds really really good. it's not typical bootleg crap.
    Completely agree. It doesn't sound like crap at all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

The Give Way version is even better, but not all the songs are on that release. The vinyl is amazing - MFC2006 picked me up one for my birthday a few years ago. Pretty awesome bootleg from Suck My Dick productions.

:lol: always cracks me up when i see that on ebay
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    One of Immortalitys greatest ever performances!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited November 2016
    link removed by Admin

Pretty good price @ $14 right now.
    Post edited by Sea on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited November 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

yeah but it sounds really really good.

there's all sort of sources for this specific show that will sound better (downloadable or CD)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"