Options

Pearl Jam Activism Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages ends September 1st :(

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
edited August 2016 in The Porch
@ Pearl Jam Activism

https://www.facebook.com/PJActivism/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

September 1, 2016 will be the last official day for the ‘Pearl Jam Activism’ Facebook page.

Moving forward, all news related to the band's activism + giving will be updated on Pearl Jam's website under the ‘ACTS' section. https://pearljam.com/acts

Thank you for your interest and inspiration for PJ’s continued support of important social justice projects and notable nonprofits around the world.

Why take it down? Their Twitter page is still active.
Is there no one @ Pearl Jam that can run their Facebook page? Who is also running the Eddie Vedder & Pearl Jam official pages?
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2016
    New PJ site might be covering all the things the Facebook page was doing to help out with the old site format.

Also, one less social media account to maintain, and all the activism news can come from the official PJ account.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited August 2016
    Makes sense..isnt facebook for high school girls? I doubt too many jammers are high school girls..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wma31394 said:

Makes sense..isnt facebook for high school girls? I doubt too many jammers are high school girls..

High school girls? hahaha ..

Hey, wait a minute. I'm on Facebook. :blush:

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    demetrios said:

Wma31394 said:

High school girls? hahaha ..

Hey, wait a minute. I'm on Facebook. :blush:

Haha and im totally joking..but not in fb.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    https://pearljam.com/news/changes-to-pearl-jam-activism-updates

CHANGES TO PEARL JAM ACTIVISM UPDATES
    EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1ST
    NEWS AUGUST 30 2016

September 1, 2016 will be the last official day for the ‘Pearl Jam Activism’ Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.

Moving forward, all news related to the band's activism + giving will be updated on Pearl Jam's website under the ‘ACTS' section. Additionally, an ‘ACTS’ category has been added to the Forum for TEN CLUB members to discuss causes supported by the band. 

Please continue to follow the official Pearl Jam FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and INSTAGRAM pages for all things PJ!

Thank you for your interest and inspiration for PJ’s continued support of important social justice projects and notable nonprofits around the world.