Options

2016 Temple of the Dog - Super Deluxe Edition & Vinyl Releases

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited October 2016
    How about the videos? Not just the PJ 20 ones but the ones from 12/90.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Am I only one still waiting for my Deluxe Edition to ship from 10C? :angry:
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Has anyone see the off ramp videos included in the package? The status of their quality is what's keeping me undecided about the two disc and mega editions.

Little help and feedback? Thanks! :-)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited October 2016
    Benaroya, Moore Theater, PJ20 all fantastic in my opinion.. Although I am biased on PJ20, but if the deciding factor for you is Off Ramp for you, you will probably be disappointed. It is a master quality audience video from a distant angle without great fidelity and crowd in the way in some spots. The audio is ok but not great..

Has anyone see the off ramp videos included in the package? The status of their quality is what's keeping me undecided about the two disc and mega editions.

Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    steved said:

Benaroya, Moore Theater, PJ20 all fantastic in my opinion.. Although I am biased on PJ20, but if the deciding factor for you is Off Ramp for you, you will probably be disappointed. It is a master quality audience video from a distant angle without great fidelity and crowd in the way in some spots. The audio is ok but not great..

Agree with steved about Benaroya, Moore Theater & PJ 20: they are fantastic.

I haven't watched the Off the Ramp Disc yet, so i can't give you an opinion. Maybe i'll watch tomorrow.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited October 2016
    Anyone interested you can get the Super Deluxe versions at CCMusic.com now for around $85 shipped.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Just got mine. Looks pretty cool. My little booklet that comes with it has three covers stapled on it which is a little excessive maybe. It'll be a while until I play or watch any of these but cool box
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Got my cd the other day. Always loved this album but I've now allowed myself to obsess a bit with it again. So damn good. Really looking forward to Philly and msg.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Hope mine is in the post when I get home.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    Received my TOTD Super Deluxe Edition package. Got hit from Canada Post with a $29.99 charge. D'oh!!! :(

Wish the print was shipped sandwiched between cardboard. The back of my print is pretty much creased top to bottom. It was shipped in a vinyl like box. Due to the Box Set shipping box being tapped to the middle of the print box, the cardboard was bent from the top & bottom via shipping.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    demetrios said:

Received my TOTD Super Deluxe Edition package. Got hit from Canada Post with a $29.99 charge. D'oh!!! :(

Wish the print was shipped sandwiched between cardboard. The back of my print is pretty much creased top to bottom. It was shipped in a vinyl like box. Due to the Box Set shipping box being tapped to the middle of the print box, the cardboard was bent from the top & bottom via shipping.

I feel like I made out like a bandit. I was going to order from amazon.ca which had them for $134.99 CDN and free shipping, which I think would of been cheaper than 99.99USD plus 10c shipping. Then I noticed a guy selling a used copy for 99.99 plus 3.75 for the shipping (and for some reason Amazon doesn't charge tax on 3rd party sellers). All he did was bought it to watch the bluray and resold it. I received it in mint condition. Still expensive but I did pretty good. That sucks you got charged tax/brokerage on it :(

I find with Canada post that most stuff under $100 slides through unscathed (even though the limit is $20 or $60 for gifts). Once you get to around $100 the chances of being dinged seems to go up :( They really need to up those amounts. I think going in the other direction American's can import of up to $200 through the mail.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,287
    Mine arrived in Sydney yesterday. As much as I was bitching about the price it is beautifully put together, a really nice addition to the collection.

I haven't had time to watch the video discs yet but I'm really enjoying the new album mix. (Black Cat is still bloody awful though!)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options

TOTD ALPINE VALLEY DIRECTORS CUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHIz3qWy8oI

• Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    Just got mine. Looks pretty cool. My little booklet that comes with it has three covers stapled on it which is a little excessive maybe. It'll be a while until I play or watch any of these but cool box
    Same as my booklet, 3 covers. 
  • Options
    Back in stock.

Temple Of The Dog - Self-Titled  (25th Anniversary Mix Etched D Side)  https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/130113

25th Anniversary Edition of Temple of the Dog's landmark platinum-selling certified album!

Newly mixed by Brendan O'Brien

180-gram double LP with D-side etched image!

Gatefold jacket with expanded art and photos

https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleases/comments/zq2pd6/temple_of_the_dog_selftitled/

• Options

• Options
    demetrios said:
    Back in stock.

Temple Of The Dog - Self-Titled  (25th Anniversary Mix Etched D Side)  https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/130113

25th Anniversary Edition of Temple of the Dog's landmark platinum-selling certified album!

Newly mixed by Brendan O'Brien

180-gram double LP with D-side etched image!

Gatefold jacket with expanded art and photos

https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleases/comments/zq2pd6/temple_of_the_dog_selftitled/

Sold out.
  • Options
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options

Wow! And still available.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    This must be a new pressing?
    The UPC code is still the 11/11/2016 release.

• Options
    gotsome420gotsome420 Posts: 528
    edited January 2023
    Does anyone have digital copies of the (DVDs,) concert footage? I'd really like to see these recordings.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,171
    Does anyone have digital copies of the (DVDs,) concert footage? I'd really like to see these recordings.

The dude who edited it for the bluray, did another edit and put up on youtube as a director's cut, not 100% what changes they made in that new edit but I think it's pretty close to the original:

• Options
    Zod said:

The dude who edited it for the bluray, did another edit and put up on youtube as a director's cut, not 100% what changes they made in that new edit but I think it's pretty close to the original:

Damn good!
  • Options

Now sold out. 
  • Options