Options

Obama's actions/speech caused the Dallas shooting...

Obama's actions/speech caused the Dallas shooting, so

Give me proof/facts why this is true or false:

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733

It's true because, well shoot, everybody knows everything is Obama's fault!

OK, enough sarcasm. I can't wait to see how this unfolds. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    brianlux said:

I've heard versions from both sides. I want facts and proof as to why or why not.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Like some noted in the BLM thread that it appears race relations in this country has gotten worse since his election. Some in congress from the beginning have plotted to work against the president in every way and for the most part mission accomplished.

As for the OP's point there could be some truth to his sentiment. In that with Obama being President not necessarily what he said or has done but just being in office. The deranged shooter may have felt embolden to do something....to somehow make a difference by shooting white officers. Something had to be wrong with this fellow that he couldn't see that killing another human being was the wrong thing to do and the impact that woul follow. How was this ever going to help police officers with their interaction with all communities around the country? To me that shooter has made race relations far worse not necessarily the president but I'm sure some will place blame in his hands. It goes with that job, if Trump wins the election I hope he can handle accusations such as this with some class and grace.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

brianlux said:

I've heard versions from both sides. I want facts and proof as to why or why not.
    I would say the burden of proof is on the accusers, not the accused.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    lol, yeah Obamas fault. Wtf?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    You do have to ask yourself, why have all these massacres been so frequent under Obama s presidency?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    You do?
  • Options
    g under p said:

Like some noted in the BLM thread that it appears race relations in this country has gotten worse since his election. Some in congress from the beginning have plotted to work against the president in every way and for the most part mission accomplished.

As for the OP's point there could be some truth to his sentiment. In that with Obama being President not necessarily what he said or has done but just being in office. The deranged shooter may have felt embolden to do something....to somehow make a difference by shooting white officers. Something had to be wrong with this fellow that he couldn't see that killing another human being was the wrong thing to do and the impact that woul follow. How was this ever going to help police officers with their interaction with all communities around the country? To me that shooter has made race relations far worse not necessarily the president but I'm sure some will place blame in his hands. It goes with that job, if Trump wins the election I hope he can handle accusations such as this with some class and grace.

Peace

dignin said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

You do have to ask yourself, why have all these massacres been so frequent under Obama s presidency?

No proof. Still looking for facts or what he's actually said, not rhetoric or opinion.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Thanks, Obama
  • Options
    ^^^^^^It certainly is possibly they're no facts or anything he has said to have anything to do with this shooting incident.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

^^^^^^It certainly is possibly they're no facts or anything he has said to have anything to do with this shooting incident.

Peace

Other people seem to think so...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    mcgruff10 said:

Really you can ask that and no mention of the weapons used ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Same weapons were there under W.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Here's a list of some of the mass shootings that happened while dick cheney and karl rove were in charge...

1) October 2002 - a series of sniper-style shootings occurred in Washington DC, leaving 10 dead.

2) August 2003 - in Chicago, a laid-off worker shot and killed six of his former workmates.

3) November 2004 - in Birchwood, Wisconsin, a hunter killed six other hunters and wounded two others after an argument with them.

4) March 2005 - a man opened fire at a church service in Brookfield, Wisconsin, killing seven people.

5) October 2006 - a truck driver killed five schoolgirls and seriously wounded six others in a school in Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania before taking his own life.

6) April 2007 - student Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people and wounded 15 others at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, before shooting himself, making it the deadliest mass shooting in the United States after 2000.

7) August 2007 - Three Delaware State University students were shot and killed in “execution style” by a 28-year-old and two 15-year-old boys. A fourth student was shot and stabbed.

8) September 2007 - A freshman student at Delaware State University shot and wounded two other students at a campus dining hall.

9) December 2007 - a 20-year-old man killed nine people and injured five others in a shopping center in Omaha, Nebraska.

10) December 2007 - a woman and her boyfriend shot dead six members of her family on Christmas Eve in Carnation, Washington.

11) February 2008 - a shooter who is still at large tied up and shot six women at a suburban clothing store in Chicago, leaving five of them dead and the remaining one injured.

12) February 2008 - a man opened fire in a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois, killing five students and wounding 16 others before laying down his weapon and surrendering.

13) July 2008 – A former student shot three people in a computer lab at South Mountain Community College, Phoenix, Arizona.

14) September 2008 - a mentally ill man who was released from jail one month earlier shot eight people in Alger, Washington, leaving six of them dead and the rest two wounded.

15) October 2008 - Several men in a car drove up to a dormitory at the University of Central Arkansas and opened fire, killing two students and injuring a third person.

16) December 2008 - a man dressed in a Santa Claus suit opened fire at a family Christmas party in Covina, California, then set fire on the house and killed himself. Police later found nine people dead in the debris of the house.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dignin said:

brianlux said:

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733

brianlux said:

I would like to see the facts or proof as well although what passes for fact nowadays can be very sketchy. I think we need to lay down some kind of baseline for what constitutes as fact.

In any case, I just don't see where the accusers came up with this one. By they way, who are these accusers any way?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

So the massacres started happening when Obama got elected ok got it ..
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Man the press makes it seems it s happened a lot more under his watch!!! By the way, I voted for him twice.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    dignin said:

brianlux said:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I wonder that if Obama was white if he had half as many haters....
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options

Here's a list of some of the mass shootings that happened while dick cheney and karl rove were in charge...

1) October 2002 - a series of sniper-style shootings occurred in Washington DC, leaving 10 dead.

2) August 2003 - in Chicago, a laid-off worker shot and killed six of his former workmates.

3) November 2004 - in Birchwood, Wisconsin, a hunter killed six other hunters and wounded two others after an argument with them.

4) March 2005 - a man opened fire at a church service in Brookfield, Wisconsin, killing seven people.

5) October 2006 - a truck driver killed five schoolgirls and seriously wounded six others in a school in Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania before taking his own life.

6) April 2007 - student Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people and wounded 15 others at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, before shooting himself, making it the deadliest mass shooting in the United States after 2000.

7) August 2007 - Three Delaware State University students were shot and killed in “execution style” by a 28-year-old and two 15-year-old boys. A fourth student was shot and stabbed.

8) September 2007 - A freshman student at Delaware State University shot and wounded two other students at a campus dining hall.

9) December 2007 - a 20-year-old man killed nine people and injured five others in a shopping center in Omaha, Nebraska.

10) December 2007 - a woman and her boyfriend shot dead six members of her family on Christmas Eve in Carnation, Washington.

11) February 2008 - a shooter who is still at large tied up and shot six women at a suburban clothing store in Chicago, leaving five of them dead and the remaining one injured.

12) February 2008 - a man opened fire in a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois, killing five students and wounding 16 others before laying down his weapon and surrendering.

13) July 2008 – A former student shot three people in a computer lab at South Mountain Community College, Phoenix, Arizona.

14) September 2008 - a mentally ill man who was released from jail one month earlier shot eight people in Alger, Washington, leaving six of them dead and the rest two wounded.

15) October 2008 - Several men in a car drove up to a dormitory at the University of Central Arkansas and opened fire, killing two students and injuring a third person.

16) December 2008 - a man dressed in a Santa Claus suit opened fire at a family Christmas party in Covina, California, then set fire on the house and killed himself. Police later found nine people dead in the debris of the house.

Wow, those shootings seem to get lost in all that was happening under W. That first shooting was the DC sniper.....his first victim was killed a block from where I worked I sat in the very same bench the woman was killed I was eating ice cream.

I hope the PJC don't think these kinds of mass shootings will end under the next President whether it's Hillary or Trump. So what does that tell ya it has nothing to do with who's the President.

Peace

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Man the press makes it seems it s happened a lot more under his watch!!! By the way, I voted for him twice.
    ...and everything the media tells you must be true, right? Sorta like everything you read on the Internet is true, too.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    g under p said:

Wow, those shootings seem to get lost in all that was happening under W. That first shooting was the DC sniper.....his first victim was killed a block from where I worked I sat in the very same bench the woman was killed I was eating ice cream.

I hope the PJC don't think these kinds of mass shootings will end under the next President whether it's Hillary or Trump. So what does that tell ya it has nothing to do with who's the President.

Peace

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    What an absurd notion.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

What an absurd notion.

Why is it absurd?

I'm really curious as to why people think this way or that.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    yes Obama(his speeches' and comments) have contributed to strained race relations since he's has been elected but also I blame the week minded people who act on what he has said to the public (if I had a son he would look like Trayvon) just because stupid happens to have a leading roll in our society does not mean we should follow him or the moron up-sprouts like Sharpton and Jackson, as president he publicly made statements that gave law enforcement as a whole a bad image and by doing so he gave his weak minded followers a excuse to kill...in their weak minds.

Godfather.
  • Options

yes Obama(his speeches' and comments) have contributed to strained race relations since he's has been elected but also I blame the week minded people who act on what he has said to the public (if I had a son he would look like Trayvon) just because stupid happens to have a leading roll in our society does not mean we should follow him or the moron up-sprouts like Sharpton and Jackson, as president he publicly made statements that gave law enforcement as a whole a bad image and by doing so he gave his weak minded followers a excuse to kill...in their weak minds.

Godfather.

Oh boy ok talk about a weak mind ...
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Godfather.

Oh boy ok talk about a weak mind ...
    are you stoned again ?.. so you give a free pass to the radicals because Obama sympathizes with their "movement" ?????????? easy on the "Kronic" dude LOL !!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    "Race relations have gotten worse under Obama!"

Well.....uh.....yeah! Don't things always have to get ugly before they're fixed? Lincoln didn't just say "Umm.....hey southerners, free those slaves" and magically slavery was over. MLK didn't just do one march and segregation was done, no, many black people were killed for protesting and extremist groups like the Black Panthers were formed. Give me one example of race relations in this country improving by white people saying "yeah sure we'll start accepting that." It's really sad that every step we've taken to improve black/white relations in this country has to involve stuff like this happening before there is any real change that gets made. But history shows that, as fucked up as it may sound, all of this might actually be a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Godfather.

Those moron up-sprouts, as you call them, have helped more people through hard times in their lifetimes than you would in 10 lifetimes. But, they were mostly black people so I can see why that bothers you.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?