Animal Abuse...

13»

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    it dosen't matter to me what a man dose for a living you understand..
    as long as his interest's don't conflict with mine.
  • Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120

Friday13 said:

clearly overcharged.

You'll have to be a bit more specific here for me to get what you're trying to say.

the men are charged with harassing wildlife with the use of a boat, attempting to capture wildlife and hunting big game that was swimming.
  • Friday13 said:

Friday13 said:

clearly overcharged.

You'll have to be a bit more specific here for me to get what you're trying to say.

the men are charged with harassing wildlife with the use of a boat, attempting to capture wildlife and hunting big game that was swimming.
    So not overcharged? Isn't that what you meant?

Poaching is serious if that's your angle.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 37,600
    edited August 2016

Friday13 said:

Friday13 said:

clearly overcharged.

So not overcharged? Isn't that what you meant?

Poaching is serious if that's your angle.
    I think he's saying that there were some inappropriate charges laid. I mentioned the same thing earlier in the thread. They clearly weren't hunting the moose.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2016
    double post
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Oh man... you double posted me. I can tell you're steamed!

Oh man... you double posted me. I can tell you're steamed!

Lol. All the usual issues when 10C launches an updated website! ;)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I drilled him’: Outrage after hunter, former NCAA javelin athlete kills Alberta bear with spear, posts video

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/i-drilled-him-outrage-after-hunter-former-ncaa-javelin-athlete-kills-alberta-bear-with-spear-posts-video

I just love how these impotent hunters need to pose and video their prey...almost as bad as those impotent hunters who feel the need to have animals stuffed and on display in their living room.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    edited August 2016
    Seeing someone celebrate like that about killing makes me want to puke. I think only psychological SICKOS kill for pleasure, be it the killing of humans or animals, makes no difference. I think it's psychopathic behaviour... When it comes to sport hunting (looks more like thrill hunting), psychopaths are made to be seen as normal and mentally healthy. They are not.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited August 2016
    Its a far more human behaviour than animal behaviour ... I obviously don't know every specie of animal and how they conduct themselves but most only kill for substance, as for humans it about pleasure and ego.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

And the practice of baiting should be made ILLEGAL...

lukin2006 said:

Its a far more human behaviour than animal behaviour ... I obviously don't know every specie of animal and how they conduct themselves but most only kill for substance, as for humans it about pleasure and ego.

Oops, I worded that badly, lol. I edited to be more clear about what I meant with the human/animal comment. ;) But yeah, humans are a breed of their own, that's for sure. While most animals tend to have some kind of balance with nature, humans bulldoze the balance every chance they get. As a species, humans are parasites.
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Oops, I worded that badly, lol. I edited to be more clear about what I meant with the human/animal comment. ;) But yeah, humans are a breed of their own, that's for sure. While most animals tend to have some kind of balance with nature, humans bulldoze the balance every chance they get. As a species, humans are parasites.
    agreed

$1.5M worth of antlers stolen from Ont. taxidermy shop

http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2016/08/14/15m-worth-of-antlers-stolen-from-ont-taxidermy-shop

Apparently their big money in hanging dead animal parts off wall, or whatever is done with said parts.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 6,329
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I am in no way in favour of sport hunting but I have to say that the comments by PJ Soul and lukin don't hold up when you look at animal behaviour. Unfortunately, as humans we tend to romanticize nature and animal behaviour. Plenty of animal species fight and kill for reasons other than food. Plenty of animals kill more than they need even when they do hunt. Many species overconsume in their natural environments and then go through cycles of die-offs until their numbers are supportable again. Essentially, some of the same behaviours as humans, but without the technology to prevent their own deaths.

And again, I'm certainly not arguing in favour of hunting ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Wife of American hunter seen on video impaling bear with spear in Alberta loses Under Armour deal

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/wife-of-american-hunter-seen-on-video-impaling-bear-with-spear-in-alberta-loses-under-armour-deal

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I am in no way in favour of sport hunting but I have to say that the comments by PJ Soul and lukin don't hold up when you look at animal behaviour. Unfortunately, as humans we tend to romanticize nature and animal behaviour. Plenty of animal species fight and kill for reasons other than food. Plenty of animals kill more than they need even when they do hunt. Many species overconsume in their natural environments and then go through cycles of die-offs until their numbers are supportable again. Essentially, some of the same behaviours as humans, but without the technology to prevent their own deaths.

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm just going to guess that if wildlife behaves like humans that's because they don't know any better.

• lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm just going to guess that if wildlife behaves like humans that's because they don't know any better.
    You're giving humans a lot of credit here.

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

You're giving humans a lot of credit here.
    I probably am ...

• I guess Lukin has left these parts? He hasn't contributed in a long time. I thought his contributions were solid. 

As for the the tweet I posted... f**king pisses me off. Eating shark fin soup isn't going to prevent you from getting cancer you dumb f**k. And while I'm at it... eating a tiger's penis isn't going to make you tough you little worm.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 2,521
    Ah man, that picture makes me feel ill. Just horrible.
13»