Options

Does 10 club retains posters?

just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,961
Been thinking about this a lot lately , specially after the last mystery poster sale.

i think they do and its such a stupid move , i talk from experience because i´ve been trying to get my hands on a Vienna 2014 poster and i truly believe they have some stock or else why on the last sale people were receiving 2000,2006 posters that were never on the shop to begin with and other people have to go out of their ways to spend a ridiculous amount of cash to buy them somewhere else when they could really buy them at a fair price in the 10 club shop...

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    It's a good idea on their part. The only way they can sell posters like Jacksonville and Hampton is if they have a mystery sale, and to get people to buy mystery tubes, there has to be a chance at hitting gold
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

It's a good idea on their part. The only way they can sell posters like Jacksonville and Hampton is if they have a mystery sale, and to get people to buy mystery tubes, there has to be a chance at hitting gold

the mystery sale sure its a good idea , what i dont think its a good idea at all is not selling posters they have in stock.

• Options
    just_one said:

the mystery sale sure its a good idea , what i dont think its a good idea at all is not selling posters they have in stock.

But then no one would buy the mystery posters if it was only bad posters
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited June 2016
    I think their main goal should be to see to that people going to the show could get one. They don't have obligations to anyone else.

And to my knowledge posters at the show most often doesn't sell out. Some exceptions to that has occurred ofc (NY Donkey Kong poster etc). Maybe this was one of those cases, but anywho - posters are made for attendees. If they wanna make the mystery poster sales more tempting and keep some for themselves, that's fine.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    That poster sat in the shop for a long time. You had pleny of opportunity to buy one.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

That poster sat in the shop for a long time. You had pleny of opportunity to buy one.

not had the funds at the time...
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,141
    So, really you are asking the 10 club to hold on to posters until you have the money for them.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    It sucks you didn't have the funds at the time.

I think everyone at some point or another has missed out on something they wanted for the same reason. That's life, right?

If 10c is holding onto posters, that's their prerogative to do with their merch as they see fit.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    Lay away would be nice.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    What's the problem? Doesn't everybody pay via credit card? That gives you at least 30 days before you have to pay - you could raise $42.00 for a poster by recycling aluminum cans in that time period...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

I think their main goal should be to see to that people going to the show could get one. They don't have obligations to anyone else.

And to my knowledge posters at the show most often doesn't sell out. Some exceptions to that has occurred ofc (NY Donkey Kong poster etc). Maybe this was one of those cases, but anywho - posters are made for attendees. If they wanna make the mystery poster sales more tempting and keep some for themselves, that's fine.

They don't have obligations to anyone, but they do a great job of giving people opportunities to buy concert related merch... they set aside stuff to sell outside hours before the doors even opwn, they set aside stuff to sell inside the venue once the doors open... and 99% they sell the posters here in the shop shortly after the tour ends... then they tube up a bunch of leftovers and gems and make them available

The 10c has always done a great job with the posters... i've been shut out a few times just like everyone else, but if I really want a poster and im willing to put in the effort I'm going to get it for face value directly from the band/10c through one of those avenues

I think posters "sell out" about 90% of the time at the shows since the introduction of the truck/early sales...
  • Options
    mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 108
    Are there plans for another mystery sale?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    shecky said:

What's the problem? Doesn't everybody pay via credit card? That gives you at least 30 days before you have to pay - you could raise $42.00 for a poster by recycling aluminum cans in that time period...

I pay with my debit card.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    I wish we could barter with the ten club. I would wash dishes at the warehouse for posters.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    on2legs said:

I wish we could barter with the ten club. I would wash dishes at the warehouse for posters.

I would definitely fly to Seattle and intern for a week or two for one of those Pittsburgh 2000's they are rumored to have. Wash dishes, sweep floors, take Santos for walks...
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    shecky said:

Ha, THIS
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    They likely keep a limited inventory back to deal with those lost in the mail or damaged. Once that window closes they may be sat on 15-25 of each poster. At that point they probably sit on the shelf or in archive until they clear the stock
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    my2hands said:

They don't have obligations to anyone, but they do a great job of giving people opportunities to buy concert related merch... they set aside stuff to sell outside hours before the doors even opwn, they set aside stuff to sell inside the venue once the doors open... and 99% they sell the posters here in the shop shortly after the tour ends... then they tube up a bunch of leftovers and gems and make them available

The 10c has always done a great job with the posters... i've been shut out a few times just like everyone else, but if I really want a poster and im willing to put in the effort I'm going to get it for face value directly from the band/10c through one of those avenues

I think posters "sell out" about 90% of the time at the shows since the introduction of the truck/early sales...
    True.

Sidenote but I think they should;

A- limit the amount of posters you can buy at the merchstand to like 1-2. Instead of now, where People buy like 50 posters (Say that in Philadelphia in 2013).

B- Let people preorder a poster when buying tenclubtickets and maybe get them in a tube when picking up the tickets.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

my2hands said:

True.

Sidenote but I think they should;

A- limit the amount of posters you can buy at the merchstand to like 1-2. Instead of now, where People buy like 50 posters (Say that in Philadelphia in 2013).

B- Let people preorder a poster when buying tenclubtickets and maybe get them in a tube when picking up the tickets.
    True, but I can already see someone pre-ordering a poster and then wanting their money back when it's released and they don't like it or it looks like Jacksonville

I think the current system is fine. You have a chance outside the venue, inside the venue, and online to obtain the poster. If you're 0/3, it sucks, but that's ample opportunity to pick one up.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Preorders will never happen again... I don't think it worked that well when they did it before... and there was way too much complaining when people didnt like the art

The know they have created a merch feeding frenzy, taking preorders would kill that...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    my2hands said:

Preorders will never happen again... I don't think it worked that well when they did it before... and there was way too much complaining when people didnt like the art

The know they have created a merch feeding frenzy, taking preorders would kill that...

Oh, so they have had pre-orders before?

Yeah, I bet they have figured that people standing in line for a poster also picks up other things while there.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    I would love to see a poster pre-order, but it's probably more work than the 10c wants to take on at this point. They already have a good thing going with the posters as it is, why would they change what they're doing? (& I don't think to better accommodate 10c members would be enough of a reason for them to change) Also, like Weston1283 pointed out, imagine the bitching and complaining out of people when their poster looks like Philly 1 or Jacksonville?

RE: Limit at the shows - it's been a while since I waited in line for one, but I was under the impression there's currently a 2 per person limit in place nowadays?
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

my2hands said:

Oh, so they have had pre-orders before?

Yeah, I bet they have figured that people standing in line for a poster also picks up other things while there.
    They did pre-orders in 2009 for the Chicago shows. I'm not sure if they did it for other tour dates, but I did enjoy not carrying around a poster tube.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23