Options

Cool Old Dudes

13»

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    hedonist said:

Same on both counts, g (well, he's one of my faves). Sometimes I re-watch the old ones from the 70's - literally makes me cry from laughter.

I can remember as a youngster I would stay up late at night to catch some of these roasts with all the legendary comedians. Half the time I didn't know or get what the jokes meant but the delivery was so great it had be cracking up. Oh the good old days. :smile:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    g under p said:

One of by favorite comedians and his celebrity roasts are just classically funny.

Peace

Love his role in 16 Candles.

"You don't spell it, son. You eat it!"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh man, Al. I know I've posted this somewhere else (the Train?) but he fucking rocks this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jkTVzWitVo

(Plus his parodies? Get outta here!)
  • Options
    And....can't believe this one is 67? Go, Rick!

• Options
    edited June 2016

Yeah, he's not alive anymore but so fucking what? Paul Newman is eternally cool. Nothing against Sir Ben, but Paul should have won best actor that year for The Verdict.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    Newman was something else, not just with acting but his charitable work and long marriage to the lovely Ms. Woodward as well. He died two days after my dad and I even mentioned him in his eulogy (both blue-eyed good and memorable men named Paul).

Kind of nice on the timing, and on this Father's Day, I'll put my dad at the top of my list :)
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106
    Jason P said:

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    No, this has nothing to do with anything other than that I think he's a cool older dude!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Yeah, he's not alive anymore but so fucking what? Paul Newman is eternally cool. Nothing against Sir Ben, but Paul should have won best actor that year for The Verdict.

Yeah no cooler than he was in one my all time top five movies Cool Hand Luke

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited June 2016
    Since we're allowed to choose cool guys who are no longer with us...I'm adding Bert Sugar to the list!
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Rob
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle